Season 23/24 - Page 43 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Away and lie down. This Logan arsehole has abused me in the past, but unlike you, I don't go around moaning about it.. 

I'm not moaning

Killie V St Mirren shaping up to be a cracker next weekend.

With over a week to go looks like Saints are on course to sell over 3000 tickets.

Killie fans will come out in force for this one also, i'd imagine they're heading for their biggest crowd of the season.👍

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Hibs cutting rangers allowance

Thousands of people singing about someone dying a fenian bastard while they’re being stretchered off the pitch unconscious was probably the final straw, no doubt the media will be searching for incidents of Hibs fans misbehaving over the next couple of days. Well played the Hibernians 👏

4 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Thousands of people singing about someone dying a fenian bastard while they’re being stretchered off the pitch unconscious was probably the final straw, no doubt the media will be searching for incidents of Hibs fans misbehaving over the next couple of days. Well played the Hibernians 👏

They did sing at least one dodgy song in response to the sectarian chants. Personally I have no issues with Hibs cutting the allowance if that what it takes. 

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

They did sing at least one dodgy song in response to the sectarian chants. Personally I have no issues with Hibs cutting the allowance if that what it takes. 

Good to hear a voice of reason, it never ceases to amaze me what some people think is acceptable behaviour at the football (supporters of all teams)

Is it just Rangers allowance that's being cut or all away teams except Hearts? 

The Leith club, who stress that the reduced allocation does not include games with derby rivals Heart of Midlothian, stated: "Whether that be through the use of pyrotechnics, sectarianism, objects being thrown on to the field of play, or through other actions, this is simply not good enough.

"Understanding that the behaviour of certain sections of Hibernian FC's own support has not been good enough at times this season, the club has been taking the strongest possible action against those who behave in an unacceptable manner, working with Police Scotland and colleagues at other clubs.

"Hibernian FC now implores other clubs to act in a similar fashion and the governing bodies to take serious consideration into the issues to ensure Scottish football is safe and welcoming for all."

Hibs say they have now taken the step to reduce the away allocation at their stadium "following fan behaviour and chanting from opposing teams this season".

42 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Good to hear a voice of reason, it never ceases to amaze me what some people think is acceptable behaviour at the football (supporters of all teams)

Yep. Can't think of another spectator sport where these chants would be acceptable.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I always wonder what the Rangers catholic players & staff feel hearing all the anti catholic bile coming from Rangers fans, maybe it’s lost in translation 🤔

38 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Is it just Rangers allowance that's being cut or all away teams except Hearts? 

The Leith club, who stress that the reduced allocation does not include games with derby rivals Heart of Midlothian, stated: "Whether that be through the use of pyrotechnics, sectarianism, objects being thrown on to the field of play, or through other actions, this is simply not good enough.

"Understanding that the behaviour of certain sections of Hibernian FC's own support has not been good enough at times this season, the club has been taking the strongest possible action against those who behave in an unacceptable manner, working with Police Scotland and colleagues at other clubs.

"Hibernian FC now implores other clubs to act in a similar fashion and the governing bodies to take serious consideration into the issues to ensure Scottish football is safe and welcoming for all."

Hibs say they have now taken the step to reduce the away allocation at their stadium "following fan behaviour and chanting from opposing teams this season".

The statement doesn’t name any actual club. The response from Rangers fans on social media tells you everything though

The derby will be cut soon though. Anne Budge has already spoken about cutting back Hibs in future if the fans can’t behave. No chance of the wee arse holes taking heed of the warning and Hearts will cut Hibs and Bibs will reciprocate

49 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I always wonder what the Rangers catholic players & staff feel hearing all the anti catholic bile coming from Rangers fans, maybe it’s lost in translation 🤔

Probably just think about the paycheck, they’ve already sold their soul by signing for them. It’s not like they wouldn’t have know 

10 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Probably just think about the paycheck, they’ve already sold their soul by signing for them. It’s not like they wouldn’t have know 

So you think Silva is well versed on the sectarian divide that has its roots in NI ? 

15 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

So you think Silva is well versed on the sectarian divide that has its roots in NI ? 

I’m sure Mo Johnstone, Jon Daly, Neil McCann and John Spencer were well up on the on the history of their culture 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The statement doesn’t name any actual club. The response from Rangers fans on social media tells you everything though

The derby will be cut soon though. Anne Budge has already spoken about cutting back Hibs in future if the fans can’t behave. No chance of the wee arse holes taking heed of the warning and Hearts will cut Hibs and Bibs will reciprocate

I was in no way sticking up for Rangers btw, good to see a club making a stand but the statement just wasn't clear. Are they cutting Rangers allocation by 50%? Aberdeen by 20%? Killie10%? Hearts 0%? Or all the same except Hearts? Certain songs, objects being thrown at players and officials etc, clubs need punishing but how long have we been saying this?

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

I was in no way sticking up for Rangers btw, good to see a club making a stand but the statement just wasn't clear. Are they cutting Rangers allocation by 50%? Aberdeen by 20%? Killie10%? Hearts 0%? Or all the same except Hearts? Certain songs, objects being thrown at players and officials etc, clubs need punishing but how long have we been saying this?

I believe it’s just the old firm for now

Rangers with their party songs along with  Celtics pyros and rushing turnstiles causing overcrowding of people in the stand who don’t actually have valid tickets 

32 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I believe it’s just the old firm for now

Rangers with their party songs along with  Celtics pyros and rushing turnstiles causing overcrowding of people in the stand who don’t actually have valid tickets 

I guess it's something (a start) but I think it needed to be a 100% ban if it's those two clubs for those reasons. A partial ban will only (possibly) stop one of the three you've mentioned. Even if the ban was for a season to start with, then a 50% allocation trial then back to normal if it was effective. The downside to this is it punishes the true supporters of the clubs but maybe they need to get involved in preventing it?