Season 23/24 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One thing I've noticed about a lot of rangers fans over the last 48 hours is how many of them, even the supposed intelligent rangers fans think expecting equality some how equates to paranoia or its unfair on them. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, its a penalty to Rangers, but that dive was fucking ludicrous, he ought to be ashamed of himself.

I don't know if the ref gave the penalty, or VAR did. If VAR gave it, then they need to give every similar incident as a penalty, thats where the annoyance will come from. Seen loads of videos on twitter of Rangers defenders pulling jerseys and nothing being awarded, not that there's some inherent bias towards them, that would be ludicrous to suggest that.

As for Cantswell, well he is just an utter cunt of a player. How he wasn't booked is beyond belief, the SFA, Rangers & himself should be thoroughly embarrassed.

59 minutes ago, kumnio said:

IMO, its a penalty to Rangers, but that dive was fucking ludicrous, he ought to be ashamed of himself.

I don't know if the ref gave the penalty, or VAR did. If VAR gave it, then they need to give every similar incident as a penalty, thats where the annoyance will come from. Seen loads of videos on twitter of Rangers defenders pulling jerseys and nothing being awarded, not that there's some inherent bias towards them, that would be ludicrous to suggest that.

As for Cantswell, well he is just an utter cunt of a player. How he wasn't booked is beyond belief, the SFA, Rangers & himself should be thoroughly embarrassed.

Doubt if any of them could ever be embarrassed by anything they did or didn’t do however shameful it was.

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen are the same

The next 12 games for both teams will be played within 32 days. These include European ties and a cup final

This is the price they pay for doing well in cups and qualifying for Europe 

I can see Barry Robson being sacked before the final

Why?

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Watch the reply, that tells you more. One Rangers player blocks the aberdeen defender before that tug of shirt, goldson is never in a goal scoring opportunity so its not a pen and IF a tug of shirt is now a penalty......the game is fucked 

Saw it more clearly on the tv news last night. Lammers has a little look over his shoulder then deliberately blocks the Aberdeen player. No penalty should have been the decision. You can only assume either Walsh hasn’t seen it or doesn’t think it’s relevant. Either way he’s called it wrong.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Saw it more clearly on the tv news last night. Lammers has a little look over his shoulder then deliberately blocks the Aberdeen player. No penalty should have been the decision. You can only assume either Walsh hasn’t seen it or doesn’t think it’s relevant. Either way he’s called it wrong.

The pull on the jersey started before the block. 

54 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The pull on the jersey started before the block. 

It did start before the obstruction but Goldsons Tom Daly impersonation started 2 or 3 paces after his jersey was released. It’s time for tugs & wrestling in the box by defenders to result in penalties every time, it might put a stop to it hopefully. An attacker doing it should be hammered for it every time as well 👍

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

It did start before the obstruction but Goldsons Tom Daly impersonation started 2 or 3 paces after his jersey was released. It’s time for tugs & wrestling in the box by defenders to result in penalties every time, it might put a stop to it hopefully. An attacker doing it should be hammered for it every time as well 👍

The block isnt relevent imo. As you said the tug (foul) starts before the block so the block cant be used as a reason why its not a penalty.

Its not a penalty because the tug is not at the extreme end of the scale along with Goldson not going to get near the ball. These are the criteria setout by the refs and reiterated only last week but simply havent been followed. 

Aberdeen should be asking for clarity on these points. Focusing on the block takes away from the real points imo.

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

The block isnt relevent imo. As you said the tug (foul) starts before the block so the block cant be used as a reason why its not a penalty.

Its not a penalty because the tug is not at the extreme end of the scale along with Goldson not going to get near the ball. These are the criteria setout by the refs and reiterated only last week but simply havent been followed. 

Aberdeen should be asking for clarity on these points. Focusing on the block takes away from the real points imo.

Being honest its very hard not to resort to accusing refs of bias/sfa at at this point in time.

Is it really just poor refereeing that see us yet again arguing about rangers getting treated differently to other clubs?

Is it just one big coincidence or because rangers get fouled more?

As an Aberdeen fan I am mot looking forward to the final. I dread to think who will get to ref it and who will be on VAR.

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Being honest its very hard not to resort to accusing refs of bias/sfa at at this point in time.

Is it really just poor refereeing that see us yet again arguing about rangers getting treated differently to other clubs?

As an Aberdeen fan I am mot looking forward to the final. I dread to think who will get to ref it and who will be on VAR.

I didn’t have much confidence in the ref leading up to Sunday’s game but I thought he was quite good, he should have booked Cantwell for his pathetic swallow dive & the elbow on Polvara should’ve gone to VAR which would’ve probably (should’ve) been upgraded the yellow to red card. As Vanderark said I don’t have much confidence regarding the ref for the final, I’m sure the sfa/spfl will be pisssed of about Aberdeen having the temerity to ask for 50% of the final tickets & for the subsequent bad publicity they’ve received (ignored) about their utterly stupid (corrupt) decision 🤬

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Personally I think its a combination of a few things. In no particular order.

1) The OF have alot more of the ball in the opposition half so its natural that they will get more pens and conceede less pens.

2) There is a natural subconscious to be swayed when 50,000 fans shout for something compared to say 7,000.

3) Refs err on the side of caution when it comes to the OF. Ie make an error against St Mirren and its forgotten about quickly. Make an error against the OF and its a huge issue in the media etc. This will naturally make refs lean towards the OF in a 50/50 call.

4) The non OF teams are somewhat submissive / complient to the OF and the league. Nobody rattles the cage or challenges authority in any type of thought out way. This will again naturally result in refs / authorities taking the path of least resistence.

5) A number of refs will support or have leanings towards the OF. Although ive never really fully bought into this as it follows that if you have 3 Celtic fans and 3 Rangers fans being refs that the Rangers ones would give decisions against Celtic as much as for Rangers so in theory this would balance out.

My big gripe with Scottish football is the other clubs refusing to stand up to the OF / SPFL / SFA. I mentioned practical things they could do in the cup final allocation thread. In relation to Sunday they could write to compliance officer to get Cantwell a 2 game suspension. They could also ask for written reasons why the penalty was given. They could then post the responce on their own website. Of all clubs did this everytime then there would be much more "evidence" to challenge the dodgy decisions that we are seeing.

The clubs need much more of a joined up approach. Im sure the OF and west coast media would call it petty etc but its far beyond time that clubs started ignoring that and represented their own fans.

25 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Personally I think its a combination of a few things. In no particular order.

1) The OF have alot more of the ball in the opposition half so its natural that they will get more pens and conceede less pens.

2) There is a natural subconscious to be swayed when 50,000 fans shout for something compared to say 7,000.

3) Refs err on the side of caution when it comes to the OF. Ie make an error against St Mirren and its forgotten about quickly. Make an error against the OF and its a huge issue in the media etc. This will naturally make refs lean towards the OF in a 50/50 call.

4) The non OF teams are somewhat submissive / complient to the OF and the league. Nobody rattles the cage or challenges authority in any type of thought out way. This will again naturally result in refs / authorities taking the path of least resistence.

5) A number of refs will support or have leanings towards the OF. Although ive never really fully bought into this as it follows that if you have 3 Celtic fans and 3 Rangers fans being refs that the Rangers ones would give decisions against Celtic as much as for Rangers so in theory this would balance out.

My big gripe with Scottish football is the other clubs refusing to stand up to the OF / SPFL / SFA. I mentioned practical things they could do in the cup final allocation thread. In relation to Sunday they could write to compliance officer to get Cantwell a 2 game suspension. They could also ask for written reasons why the penalty was given. They could then post the responce on their own website. Of all clubs did this everytime then there would be much more "evidence" to challenge the dodgy decisions that we are seeing.

The clubs need much more of a joined up approach. Im sure the OF and west coast media would call it petty etc but its far beyond time that clubs started ignoring that and represented their own fans.

Very good post DS. Can't argue with any of it

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Robson pointing to a run of home games coming up to give some sort of positive outlook. 

He's clutching at straws. 13 points out of 39 is not acceptable and there's not been a single win in Europe.