Pubs @ Pints..... - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

πŸ˜‚

I was sitting on a chair on the pavement, outside a pub called Pavement , I could not have made it easier to be found . Even had Mr Tidy, my brother,  and a fellow tim as a welcoming committee 😎

He is dead to me 😣
Β 

If you had gone to a pub called "Sidewalk", he might have understood what you were on about?Β πŸ˜‰

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/11/2023 at 3:06 PM, TDYER63 said:

πŸ˜‚

I was sitting on a chair on the pavement, outside a pub called Pavement , I could not have made it easier to be found . Even had Mr Tidy, my brother,  and a fellow tim as a welcoming committee 😎

He is dead to me 😣
Β 

Haha! I offered to meet him last Thursday or Friday but he patched me as well the wee fecker lol. πŸ˜‚

On 6/13/2023 at 11:30 AM, slasher said:

Haha! I offered to meet him last Thursday or Friday but he patched me as well the wee fecker lol. πŸ˜‚

Ach he doesn’t know what he has missed . Β He will be worried you have a bigger Celtic tat !Β 

• 1 month later...

Walked by it probably thousands of times, never been in (for obvious reasons! πŸ˜‚). To be honest, none of the pubs in that wee stretch (even the Rangers ones) are up to much. Need to go down to Lismore or Bag O Nails before you get anywhere decent IMO.Β 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Walked by it probably thousands of times, never been in (for obvious reasons! πŸ˜‚). To be honest, none of the pubs in that wee stretch (even the Rangers ones) are up to much. Need to go down to Lismore or Bag O Nails before you get anywhere decent IMO.Β 

Been in Bag o Nails. Was that no the old Partick Tavern on Dumbarton Rd mate?

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Been in Bag o Nails. Was that no the old Partick Tavern on Dumbarton Rd mate?

Aye that’s the one. Night and day now to what it was then. Cracking big sports bar now with good live music.Β 

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye that’s the one. Night and day now to what it was then. Cracking big sports bar now with good live music.Β 

Definitely. Back in the day I drank there couple times, bit of a shithole to be honest. It did have a jukebox mind yae..🀣🀣🀣

47 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Definitely. Back in the day I drank there couple times, bit of a shithole to be honest. It did have a jukebox mind yae..🀣🀣🀣

Always felt as if you were a wrong glance away from a pint tumbler over your head in there! Not somewhere I spent much time in!Β 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Always felt as if you were a wrong glance away from a pint tumbler over your head in there! Not somewhere I spent much time in!Β 

Couldnae agree more. I remember the day Input Abba on the jukebox. Thought I was gonnae get a good kicking. Only thing that saved me was I told them I was on holiday fae Canada and did not know the rules about "never play Abba". Near shit masell

True story FB..😳

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Couldnae agree more. I remember the day Input Abba on the jukebox. Thought I was gonnae get a good kicking. Only thing that saved me was I told them I was on holiday fae Canada and did not know the rules about "never play Abba". Near shit masell

True story FB..😳

In that instance it sounds as if it would have been thoroughly deserved!Β