Pubs @ Pints..... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

never been in the scotia myself but from the outside I have always presumed its like the horseshoe,decor, clientele etc

Well, for no reason whatsoever, I've never really liked The Horseshoe, but I do like The Scotia. They aren't similar inside.

If Ramy hasn't been to The Scotia, I'd say its an essential stop for him.

Β 

After The Scotia, Ramy could go The Clutha... The Winds... The Old Ship Bank... The Tollgate......... Then he's back on Argle Street.

Β 

8 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Well, for no reason whatsoever, I've never really liked The Horseshoe, but I do like The Scotia. They aren't similar inside.

Β 

After The Scotia, Ramy could go The Clutha... The Winds... The Old Ship Bank... The Tollgate......... Then he's back on Argle Street.

Β 

And fuckin steamboats  🀣🀣🀣🀣

20 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Β 

Β 

I'm doing it !!! 🀣🀣🀣🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺

I've also just realised that the loon that is getting married in july (see hairdressers thread) stayed in stockwell street just opposite the scotia for a year,the problem I have when doon there is my wife is with me and if she doesn't like the look of a place ,thats it,took me ages to get her in the clutha (not a euphemisim).we were down for a concert at the o2 and I took her to the lauriston...nae happy

I like a lot of the pubs mentioned especially Pot Still and the Piper. A wee shout out to Babbitty Bowsters in Merchant City. Last time I was in there were a few musicians were in and just started jamming. Brilliant atmosphere if a bit pricey.

One pub I’ve never liked is the Horseshoe. I’ve always got a definite β€˜hun’ vibe in there. Had a couple of decent nights in the lounge upstairs, but the bar? Na πŸ‘Ž

10 hours ago, slasher said:

I like a lot of the pubs mentioned especially Pot Still and the Piper. A wee shout out to Babbitty Bowsters in Merchant City. Last time I was in there were a few musicians were in and just started jamming. Brilliant atmosphere if a bit pricey.

One pub I’ve never liked is the Horseshoe. I’ve always got a definite β€˜hun’ vibe in there. Had a couple of decent nights in the lounge upstairs, but the bar? Na πŸ‘Ž

Horseshoe used to be a cracking pub before and after Scotland games but I'm talking back in the late 90s/early 00s.Β  It is a Rangers pub on match days as much as fans will gather there as it's relatively handy to the 2 Underground stations.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Horseshoe used to be a cracking pub before and after Scotland games but I'm talking back in the late 90s/early 00s.Β  It is a Rangers pub on match days as much as fans will gather there as it's relatively handy to the 2 Underground stations.

I’m sure there was a game fairly recently (can’t remember which one) where they were turning β€˜tartan army types’ away.

14 hours ago, slasher said:

I am not a huge fan of it myself. Cant really see any reason for its β€˜must see’ tourist image.Β 
The karaoke upstairs is a bit up itself. They are pretty fussy about their singers. They dont allow any duffers. The best thing about karaoke is the shite singers, I dont want to be in a pub where you need to shut up to listen to Moira from Carntyne belt out an average Patsy Cline. Give me the Club Bar Paisley anytime 😁

We got chucked out the Horseshoe karaoke after a Norway game a number of years ago. We met 2 norwegian guys downstairs and tried to get upstairs . One of the bouncers was a woman and she would only let us up if she could get one of the Norwegian Β tops. My husband had a t shirt on under his Scotland Β top so he gave his Scotland top to the Norwegian and he gave his Norwegian top to the bouncer. 2 hours later my brother was so drunk he was falling asleep at the table. They told us to bugger off as there was a queue of folk waiting to get in outside that would be drinking . What an Β effort trying to get him down those steps .Then we lost him on the train. We also lost my husband’s top as the Norwegians stayed in the Horseshoe . Lost the game too if I recall πŸ™„

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not a huge fan of it myself. Cant really see any reason for its β€˜must see’ tourist image.Β 
The karaoke upstairs is a bit up itself. They are pretty fussy about their singers. They dont allow any duffers. The best thing about karaoke is the shite singers, I dont want to be in a pub where you need to shut up to listen to Moira from Carntyne belt out an average Patsy Cline. Give me the Club Bar Paisley anytime 😁

We got chucked out the Horseshoe karaoke after a Norway game a number of years ago. We met 2 norwegian guys downstairs and tried to get upstairs . One of the bouncers was a woman and she would only let us up if she could get one of the Norwegian Β tops. My husband had a t shirt on under his Scotland Β top so he gave his Scotland top to the Norwegian and he gave his Norwegian top to the bouncer. 2 hours later my brother was so drunk he was falling asleep at the table. They told us to bugger off as there was a queue of folk waiting to get in outside that would be drinking . What an Β effort trying to get him down those steps .Then we lost him on the train. We also lost my husband’s top as the Norwegians stayed in the Horseshoe . Lost the game too if I recall πŸ™„

πŸ˜‚

Mrs Slasher once swapped tops a few years ago with a French guy outside the auld alliance in Paris (much to the excitement of the nearby ta) πŸ™ˆ. Very quickly the horrible scent of bo became apparent. She pleaded with me to swap but not wanting the pungent odour to pollute my space I refused. However being the gent I am I gave her my Scotland top to wear whilst I went β€˜taps aff’ until I could source a replacement.Β 

She even had the cheek to get annoyed with me because I was taking too long to pick a new tee at a nearby street market. Anyway, I eventually settled on a snidey French top which I then swapped with another drunken Scotsman for an up to date Scotland kit after the game πŸ˜‚

All didn’t exactly end well though as I’m sure the game was Berti’s infamous cinc-zero drubbing. It was almost worth it to enjoy Zidane’s performance that night……..almost.

Edited by slasher

17 hours ago, slasher said:

πŸ˜‚

Mrs Slasher once swapped tops a few years ago with a French guy outside the auld alliance in Paris (much to the excitement of the nearby ta) πŸ™ˆ. Very quickly the horrible scent of bo became apparent. She pleaded with me to swap but not wanting the pungent odour to pollute my space I refused. However being the gent I am I gave her my Scotland top to wear whilst I went β€˜taps aff’ until I could source a replacement.Β 

She even had the cheek to get annoyed with me because I was taking too long to pick a new tee at a nearby street market. Anyway, I eventually settled on a snidey French top which I then swapped with another drunken Scotsman for an up to date Scotland kit after the game πŸ˜‚

All didn’t exactly end well though as I’m sure the game was Berti’s infamous cinc-zero drubbing. It was almost worth it to enjoy Zidane’s performance that night……..almost.

πŸ˜‚ that was quite a combination of events to obtain a Scotland kit. A bit more entertaining than strolling into JDSports and parting with your life savings.Β 

I checked back on the Norway game result. It was actually 0-0 but felt like a defeat courtesy of the Chris Iwelumo fiasco πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Β 

3 hours ago, duncan II said:

Can't help but feel a film crew should be following the Ramy tour. Opportunity missed. We'll just have to suffer countless selfies no doubt.

The ramdashiansΒ πŸ˜‡