Pubs @ Pints..... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So I fly in Sunday. What is a decent price for a pint? I have no idea what a pub charges to say, Weatherspoon. I will have the occasional pint here and there, so what is the price of a good pint. Off Licence for 6 cans? Starting my budget, only 5 days away now..🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So I fly in Sunday. What is a decent price for a pint? I have no idea what a pub charges to say, Weatherspoon. I will have the occasional pint here and there, so what is the price of a good pint. Off Licence for 6 cans? Starting my budget, only 5 days away now..🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

£24.80

Well, stay the F*** away from Whetherspoons for a start (unless it's for breakfast).

In the city centre, I'd recommend suggest The Pot Still and The State.

Southside, The Laurieston Bar and The Star Bar are both classic Glasgow boozers (the Star Bar has two sides to it, so try both). Both pubs from a bygone era. Wonderful.   

Also southside, there's The Brazen Head. It's a big Celtic pub, but I've never been in there (not my team 😊).

Also Heraghty's, which may be considered an Irish pub, but not Irish in the usual gimmicky Irish pub sense. I was in there before the last Scotland match. It's a very nice pub (no tat on show). They claim to serve the best pint of Guinness in Glasgow. If you can drag yourself away from Heraghty's, The Alison Arms is a few doors down. They've got an amazing selection of beer.

Edited by Rich NATA

I may have mentioned in a previous thread this one but whenever I'm down from oop north I always head for the piper on the corner of george square,on certain nights the soul room is open upstairs as well,other than that you would be daft not to visit the horseshoe bar and my friends and I had a "tradition" after scotland games we would drop the kids off at the hotel and head to the waterloo bar,you'll get a warm welcome in there

43 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

I may have mentioned in a previous thread this one but whenever I'm down from oop north I always head for the piper on the corner of george square,on certain nights the soul room is open upstairs as well,other than that you would be daft not to visit the horseshoe bar and my friends and I had a "tradition" after scotland games we would drop the kids off at the hotel and head to the waterloo bar,you'll get a warm welcome in there

Ramy won't have any part in being any kind of bear 😁

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

You mean this pub??? That's me pouring a pint in The Piper Pub few year ago..🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

FB_IMG_1684340807566.jpg

I will not be visiting the Waterloo, don't need ma arse ripped...  I drink in The Smiddy in Partick. Have brank in Bairds, Braezan Head, Hoops, Grace's, and previously mentioned, got pished with Wil fae Swindon in the Pot Still... Gonnae try that Scotia Pub. Been in The Horseshoe, no thanks.. Park Bar is cool. So the prices have gone up since I was last over before covid.. Cheers for the info lads.. Think a walkabout wae a carry oot is in order as long as I don't get lifted..🍺🍺🤣🤣

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I will not be visiting the Waterloo, don't need ma arse ripped...  I drink in The Smiddy in Partick. Have brank in Bairds, Braezan Head, Hoops, Grace's, and previously mentioned, got pished with Wil fae Swindon in the Pot Still... Gonnae try that Scotia Pub. Been in The Horseshoe, no thanks.. Park Bar is cool. So the prices have gone up since I was last over before covid.. Cheers for the info lads.. Think a walkabout wae a carry oot is in order as long as I don't get lifted..🍺🍺🤣🤣

never been in the scotia myself but from the outside I have always presumed its like the horseshoe,decor, clientele etc

and yes thats the piper

Ive been in the smiddy too,when I got lost looking for the underground station I decided to re-group in there...

4 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

never been in the scotia myself but from the outside I have always presumed its like the horseshoe,decor, clientele etc

and yes thats the piper

Ive been in the smiddy too,when I got lost looking for the underground station I decided to re-group in there...

Smiddy is a great wee pub. Been drinking there since 1996.. Aye, just up the road from the underground mate..