Points for tickets - Norway v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points for tickets

Guest allyc

Guest allyc

The current points totals for members are according to SSC website correct as of 21/11/22. Anyone know when the new points will be added for these games just past and membership renewal etc.And which games will drop off the current list?

Edited by allyc

2 hours ago, allyc said:

The current points totals for members are according to SSC website correct as of 21/11/22. Anyone know when the new points will be added for these games just past and membership renewal etc.And which games will drop off the current list?

Not long ago did they not take points off everybody and then later put points on?

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Pretty high you’d think, especially after the Spain result. 

I checked prices again after the spain result and today seems like accommodation is very hard to get for a decent price and travel isn’t cheap now. Hoping that gives me more chance of a couple tickets. Don’t know if it is still the case but when waiting for points to drop a level you can add tickets to basket and it secures it for you (very flawed system) but they might have updated it.

1 hour ago, Jamessm238 said:

I checked prices again after the spain result and today seems like accommodation is very hard to get for a decent price and travel isn’t cheap now. Hoping that gives me more chance of a couple tickets. Don’t know if it is still the case but when waiting for points to drop a level you can add tickets to basket and it secures it for you (very flawed system) but they might have updated it.

Ireland went down to 12 points for 2500 tickets last June, and that’s a much easier trip than Oslo so you never know. 

However, I’m on 11 points and my boy is on 12.  I tried to do what you’re suggesting and it periodically kicks you out.  So, yet again, it was the home end for me.  Same as it’s gonna be in Oslo I expect.  Don’t think I’m gonna get over that hump unless I go to something like Peru or Georgia away for those first 2 points. 😔 

It's a bit of a double edged sword. The higher the allocation the more point levels will drop. However it also decreases the likelihood of pick ups. 3 of us had around 12-15 points and went to Faroes away. Got tickets no bother at airport but no points for it. All that being said I can't think of a better system but ticket pick ups would much fairer

2 hours ago, Rawlinho said:

It's a bit of a double edged sword. The higher the allocation the more point levels will drop. However it also decreases the likelihood of pick ups. 3 of us had around 12-15 points and went to Faroes away. Got tickets no bother at airport but no points for it. All that being said I can't think of a better system but ticket pick ups would much fairer

It is what it is. 

Would love to go to Cyprus in September but reckon the chances of a home or away ticket is very low. 

7 hours ago, adamntg said:

It is what it is. 

Would love to go to Cyprus in September but reckon the chances of a home or away ticket is very low. 

Don't know if it will be too hard to get a ticket for the home end in Cyprus.Not sure but anytime i have been to Cyprus they haven't sold out their tickets.Wouldn't give up hope of picking up home end tickets .

21 hours ago, adamntg said:

Ireland went down to 12 points for 2500 tickets last June, and that’s a much easier trip than Oslo so you never know. 

However, I’m on 11 points and my boy is on 12.  I tried to do what you’re suggesting and it periodically kicks you out.  So, yet again, it was the home end for me.  Same as it’s gonna be in Oslo I expect.  Don’t think I’m gonna get over that hump unless I go to something like Peru or Georgia away for those first 2 points. 😔 

A few out the last 10 have gone to 0 points TBF. 

Georgia defo will but i'd imagine the rest will go quite quickly to those in mid teens. 

It is annoying, i think it's just your luck when you start attending aways. 

My first one was Milan 2005 and only had to sit in the home end twice in 30 odd away games since. Moldova due to shite Covid allocation and Macedonia when we got a shity 900 allocation and i lost out in the ballot when they got to my points level. 

On 4/11/2023 at 8:29 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Georgia defo will but i'd imagine the rest will go quite quickly to those in mid teens. 

My first one was Milan 2005 and only had to sit in the home end twice in 30 odd away games since. Moldova due to shite Covid allocation and Macedonia when we got a shity 900 allocation and i lost out in the ballot when they got to my points level. 

Oslo will be my 38th away game since 2003 - and I've managed to get an away end ticket for every one bar Moldova in 2021 & Ukraine (Krakow) in 2022. Naturally, that also means that I might end up missing out on Oslo too, depending on allocation (although I've got a home end brief).

It was a grand run of 30+ games prior to having to hit the home end - it's frustrating, particularly as it seems to have a bit of a domino effect at the moment, but sadly it's the nature of the beast!

Going on uodated points table and like 1350 tickets allocation imagine 19 and above guaranteed a ticket and will likely sell out on 18 points. Hopefully allocation bigger than this but doesn't look like it from stadium map when they were selling home tickets

2 hours ago, af12345 said:

Going on uodated points table and like 1350 tickets allocation imagine 19 and above guaranteed a ticket and will likely sell out on 18 points. Hopefully allocation bigger than this but doesn't look like it from stadium map when they were selling home tickets

We got 2,200 in 2009 and I'm pretty sure it was the same front tier behind the goal so, even if it's cut a little in terms of one or two sections, I'd be surprised if it was almost 1,000 less.

Hopefully find out soon enough though!

5 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Why does price matter? 

They assume that people wouldn't burn £30-40 on a ticket they are not going to use just to harvest points and not travel. They do implement a partial pick up at random, to spot check some of this.

If you look at some of the previous games that went to 100% pick up:

Kazakhstan: Ticket price £1. 100% pick up

Turkey: Ticket price £2. 100% pick up

The only exception I can think off was Cyprus at 9 Euros a ticket. But that was back when tickets were going down to 0 points. They will also do pick ups only if things are last minute e.g Ukraine game in Krakpw. But this seems at plenty of notice.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:29 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

I think that was my two as well, I’ve had to add Krakow to that as well, and looks like Oslo. 

Managed to get in the home end in Macedonia by ditching the kilt and going incognito. 

Also was in the home end in Paris in 2007, but that’s mainly because I wasn’t paying €80 for away tickets when I had home tickets for €20.

J