Angus Gunn - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Angus Gunn

32 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He was probably just trying to wind up his dad. Tongue-in-cheek perhaps?

Aye right. So i suppose he was just trying to wind his dad up when he turned us down on various occasions saying that he was english and wanted to play for them. The guy is a total arse. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Some of the abuse he is getting is just daft. If he is eligible (and he is) and better than Kelly or Clark, then in the absence of Gordon it's a no-brainer. The real benefit though is that he buys us time while we unearth and develop a proper successor to Gordon. Sadly there doesn't seem anyone coming through from the U21s.

The guys a knob and quite clearly not interested in us. He can fuck off. Hope he gets booed to fuck

11 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The guys a knob and quite clearly not interested in us. He can fuck off. Hope he gets booed to fuck

He might be a knob, he might not be interested in us and maybe he should fuck, of but anyone who boo's him isn't a Scotland fan. Just some twisted nationalist who is one of the reasons we don't deserve independence. One of the "your can only be Scottish on my terms brigade"

37 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He didn't write the post though, (but liked it). To like a post that is trying to wind up the country you'll eventually represent is strange at best

Did he though? I've just looked through the likes on that tweet and I can't see his name there.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He might be a knob, he might not be interested in us and maybe he should fuck, of but anyone who boo's him isn't a Scotland fan. Just some twisted nationalist who is one of the reasons we don't deserve independence. One of the "your can only be Scottish on my terms brigade"

Aye but our terms should at the very least be commited to playing for us when asked and not saying he wasn't interested as he considered himself english and liking a tweet taking the pish out of us. Don't think that's too much to ask. 

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Aye but our terms should at the very least be commited to playing for us when asked and not saying he wasn't interested as he considered himself english and liking a tweet taking the pish out of us. Don't think that's too much to ask. 

Good post. Gunn can fuck right off !! He has never had an intention or desire to play for us, he has said he always wanted to play for England. Now he is not good enough to get in the England squad, so he decides to play for us. Get to Fuck !! I would rather have a boy, maybe not the calibre of Gunn, but is proud to play for Scotland any day of the week. Can't believe Clarke is ok with this. It's a disgrace....

34 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Did he though? I've just looked through the likes on that tweet and I can't see his name there.

I think if he's decided to play for us, he'll go through his social media to make sure things like this don't show. If he's unliked it, he won't show on there. Most will accept he supports England, but not at the expense of mocking the country he now plays for

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nobody will be booing him,  just a few gammon racists with chips on both shoulders will be mouthing off on social media. Easy to hide behind a keyboard no so much at Hampden

45 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I think if he's decided to play for us, he'll go through his social media to make sure things like this don't show. If he's unliked it, he won't show on there. Most will accept he supports England, but not at the expense of mocking the country he now plays for

Hmm. Maybe. I'm still not convinced though.

42 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Before anyone gets too excited, ATM he's rated as the 22nd best goalie (and he's only played 20 games)

Screenshot_20230312_161724_Samsung Internet.jpg

No one has said he's a brilliant goalie; if Craig Gordon was fit he'd still be first choice. He is, imo, better than Zander Clark and Liam Kelly though.

41 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Nobody will be booing him,  just a few gammon racists with chips on both shoulders will be mouthing off on social media. Easy to hide behind a keyboard no so much at Hampden

Of course they won't. I've never heard some of the things expressed on here voiced at Hampden.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Before anyone gets too excited, ATM he's rated as the 22nd best goalie (and he's only played 20 games)

Screenshot_20230312_161724_Samsung Internet.jpg

Strange things stats sites. 

Who scored have him as the fourth best keeper in the championship with two of the three ahead of him the Rotherham and the Hull keepers who are two of the bottom three in that table.

44 minutes ago, scotlad said:

No one has said he's a brilliant goalie; if Craig Gordon was fit he'd still be first choice. He is, imo, better than Zander Clark and Liam Kelly though.

Unfortunately, we'll never know as Clarke never gave them the chance to shine, even when he had a great opportunity with the likes of the Turkey friendly. 

40 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Unfortunately, we'll never know as Clarke never gave them the chance to shine, even when he had a great opportunity with the likes of the Turkey friendly. 

That was a mistake, I agree.

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Hide from what. The fact that they don't think this tit should play for us. It's a perfectly acceptable opinion considering his actions. Why is your opinion right but any other view of him is wrong? I don't think he should play for us and would be perfectly willing to argue my case on this forum or at Hampden. Certainly won't be hiding from anybody. 

2 hours ago, Slide tackle said:

Some of the comments here are embarrassing, get some thick skin ffs. Hope he plays well for us has my full support

Scotland's national team, not England rejects/ british eligble select team. 

Apart from liking a few twitter posts that have jovial digs at us while also celebrating England, what’s he done that’s any worse than Che Adams who took 4 years to eventually commit to us?

I’ll be honest I don’t know much about him and I personally would rather give Clark the start against Cyprus but some of the rage on here about the lad is a bit embarrassing 

https://www.facebook.com/100064697676128/posts/pfbid02n2f18x25iyfuVocfrbokVqi6bCNyF2uHhoszsPLV4kX893tW4Kho2chCsgc6J3Nsl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW

Looks like it's happening. Fu king embarrassing. There are more deserving keepers who WANT to wear the famous dark blue but this tit just walks right in.. Fuckin shambles. Clarke needs a good look in the mirror !! HE IS FUCKIN ENGLISH, WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH SCOTLAND, FUCK EM !!!