SNP leadership election - Page 92 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It hasn’t been officially announced that anything has been illegal or criminal yet, has it ? They are ‘ investigating party finances’. Or have ai missed something? 
 It’s depends how they spin it if funds have been used to support the SNP. It  might not be illegal or criminal, I dont know what the law is surrounding the use of external funds , but at best it would be a shocking betrayal as Pap says. Especially since there has been bugger all referendum campaigning. 

I meant it wouldn’t ordinarily be something the police would investigate, that was all.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on.

Malcolm foams at the mouth over this but will happily put a tick in the Conservative box at the next GE. Priceless.

not foaming at the mouth at all 🤣. Just quietly watching from the back as it unfolds…  I honestly don’t enormously care what has happened to the 600k as I didn’t contribute.  What I do care about is the snp has lurched to the far left with their high tax funding ludicrous schemes such as DRS and the nonsense they come out pretending men are women.  So I will have a rye smile if there are repercussions.  The snp has a chance to save themselves but chose humzah.

we are now paying 22% more tax on any income earned between 43k and 50k than our English contemporaries.  Re, the other thread on retirement, a good strategy is to do as much as possible above 43k in to your pension, go part time, etc.  and avoid as much of that liability as possible as tdyer suggests.

aye, I will most likely put a tick in the conservative box. I am sure there has been all kinds of shenanigans going on from the top to the bottom when the covid money was kicking about that you and i will all be paying back.  I am aware of a number of opportunists that scammed bounce back loans etc… happened all over.  The government were shit scared and made a number of terrible decisions, mostly down to public pressure.  I am sure Boris would have preferred to keep many more businesses open and not dished out as much cash.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on.

Malcolm foams at the mouth over this but will happily put a tick in the Conservative box at the next GE. Priceless.

For every SNP scandal, there's probably 100 Conservative scandals.

They've had at least three in the past fortnight.

21 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

not foaming at the mouth at all 🤣. Just quietly watching from the back as it unfolds…  I honestly don’t enormously care what has happened to the 600k as I didn’t contribute.  What I do care about is the snp has lurched to the far left with their high tax funding ludicrous schemes such as DRS and the nonsense they come out pretending men are women.  So I will have a rye smile if there are repercussions.  The snp has a chance to save themselves but chose humzah.

we are now paying 22% more tax on any income earned between 43k and 50k than our English contemporaries.  Re, the other thread on retirement, a good strategy is to do as much as possible above 43k in to your pension, go part time, etc.  and avoid as much of that liability as possible as tdyer suggests.

aye, I will most likely put a tick in the conservative box. I am sure there has been all kinds of shenanigans going on from the top to the bottom when the covid money was kicking about that you and i will all be paying back.  I am aware of a number of opportunists that scammed bounce back loans etc… happened all over.  The government were shit scared and made a number of terrible decisions, mostly down to public pressure.  I am sure Boris would have preferred to keep many more businesses open and not dished out as much cash.

Spoken like a true blue Conservative. They will be proud of you down at Westminster.

36 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

There are still a number of opportunists and bad decisions being made , uk government backing 80% of loans is ripe for deceit. 
And you forget to mention that the tax paid by the lowest earners in Scotland is less than the rest of the UK.
You know, the people who need most financial help. 

That's the company that audits the SNP books chucked it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65212357

The party's total income was; £4,510,460

Total expenditure was £5,262,032

Assets were £1,630,454

Liabilities were £1,055,689.

WTAF

30 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Your vote is automatic. A vote for Scottish Conservative is a vote in support of the union. Amazed you are ignoring that fact.

I politically homeless.  I either don’t vote or vote for the least bad option.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I politically homeless.  I either don’t vote or vote for the least bad option.

Any party supporting this union are the worst option. At least that is how an avid independence supporter thinks. I get that you are not an avid independence supporter (from reading your posts) so I suppose you are the sort of voter who will fuel unionism by voting for such parties. That is up to you to choose but don't expect any sympathy or backing from myself or other indy supporters when you put an X in the Tory box.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Any party supporting this union are the worst option. At least that is how an avid independence supporter thinks. I get that you are not an avid independence supporter (from reading your posts) so I suppose you are the sort of voter who will fuel unionism by voting for such parties. That is up to you to choose but don't expect any sympathy or backing from myself or other indy supporters when you put an X in the Tory box.

im not and I don’t.  It would be better for independence if the snp disintegrated and a spectrum of political parties re-emerged that supported independence.

if independence is going to happen, it will be when middle of the road and centre right voters are bought in.  Not just far left extremists like the greens.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I’m sure he’s devastated at this 😂

The almost obsession with how Malcom votes at a time when the snp are making a cunt of it is pretty funny. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

im not and I don’t.  It would be better for independence if the snp disintegrated and a spectrum of political parties re-emerged that supported independence.

if independence is going to happen, it will be when middle of the road and centre right voters are bought in.  Not just far left extremists like the greens.

Actually, the barriers up are from unionist supporting parties one of which you openly confess to voting for. The best thing for the independence movement is for Conservative, Labour and Lib Dems (in Scotland) stopping objecting to independence so vehemently and be more pliable to listen to such a large swathe of this country's population.

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m sure he’s devastated at this 😂

The almost obsession with how Malcom votes at a time when the snp are making a cunt of it is pretty funny. 

Not an obsession - a pissed off observation at people who will gleefully voted for a unionist party involved in much more crooked activities over a much longer span of time whereas SNP have this investigation and everyone is screaming for the party to be killed.