France WC 2023 - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France WC 2023

Big Ramy 1314

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Rory Best  saying the Irish first try probably shouldn't have counted but they've been the better team. We've played well in parts and no doubting our commitment but their decision making has been better, as has been their movement in attack.

Although they've been better, how much of a punch to the stomach is it losing a try so early on.

Scotland aren't doing themselves any favours, particularly at line outs but this ref is absolute bell end 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In American Football this would qualify as "garbage time" tries - in which you score points when the game is already lost and the opposition have taken the foot off the gas

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

In American Football this would qualify as "garbage time" tries - in which you score points when the game is already lost and the opposition have taken the foot off the gas

Maybe but I don't think the Irish were looking to ease up.

We have lost to the two best teams in the world. We would probably lose to 3rd and 4th as well, but I think we can at least compete against everybody else.

I hope Ireland go on to win the tournament but the All Blacks will be a tough test. Hopefully that turns out to be the game of the tournament, as we haven't had many great games so far. The very first game France v All Blacks has been the best I've seen so far. It's all been a bit tame after that.

20 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It was brutal. And if course it won't happen again but that's no consolation. I hope we can at least get some points on the board, I think this group of players deserve it.

We’re ranked higher than England yet they won't play anyone with a realistic chance of winning it until the semis.  We'd have had to beat 3 potential winners probably to even get there. 

I can see England winning it to be honest- they're skint and this tournament has the credibility of WWE.

Just now, Orraloon said:

We have lost to the two best teams in the world. We would probably lose to 3rd and 4th as well, but I think we can at least compete against everybody else.

I hope Ireland go on to win the tournament but the All Blacks will be a tough test. Hopefully that turns out to be the game of the tournament, as we haven't had many great games so far. The very first game France v All Blacks has been the best I've seen so far. It's all been a bit tame after that.

I think we'd have taken the piss on the other side of the draw

Don’t give a fuk what the padded cunts in American football call anything. 
shame they cut off when the Zombie song got going. Apparently it upsets the right kind of folk. 
well done Ireland. Hope they win it . Did not like that referee. bit surprised the obvious knock on at the end wasn’t ignored like he wanted

Anyone (Hastings?) who refers to their own country as 'they' and 'them' needs fukin chasing

There were times when he sounded like he enjoyed watching us getting beat, the boot licking cunt

*I never post in this thread

And Ireland have their QF hoodoo to think about. Ireland are a great team and they have shown that they can beat NZ, but the All Blacks can, and often do, win games that they don't deserve to. I think whoever wins that one will win the WC. Hope so anyway because they will probably be playing against England in the final. 

13 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I think we'd have taken the piss on the other side of the draw

Any other group and we'd be through. Lick wounds regroup and go again. I do hope they can get some success. Rugby is in a frail state in this country, Sri Lanka has more registered players than we do and anything to boost the game and levels of participation must be good.

Edited by Hertsscot

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

Not for me

The 'Sycophants' on my TV give me the boak 

I think it was Pougatch commenting at that end. I don't know if I'm just frustrated and disappointed but, boy, did he come across as smug, gloating in Scotland getting beat.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Rugby is in a frail state in this country, Sri Lanka has more registered players than we do and anything to boost the game and levels of participation must be good.

I don't think it's just rugby, it's almost any sport you can think of. We are a nation of lazy fat fukers.

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

😆😄 and in netball?excuse me I'm ragin...