Managers Thread.... - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Managers Thread....

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Is Jimmy Calderwood still alive?

Surprisingly yes

I say that as in late 2021 his son said he had dementia and did not know who he was

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Interesting to see that we apparently approached Lopetegui so at least we’re thinking a bit outside the box. 

There's more chance of me shagging Beyonce than him being interested in that job.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Their fanbase deserves this. Most of their attitudes towards McTominay is pathetic, hope they enjoyed their Mason Mount masterclass tonight.

Their downfall is hilarious one shite manager to the next being mugged off by a team of overpriced impostors, it’ll be decades before their next title 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The wheels fall off Big Ange as Spurs throw away a lead to two injury time goals at Wolves

Good starting 11 but a weak squad compared with the top teams, reckon they’ll drop off a bit now injuries/suspensions have kicked in. Have no problem with managers who attack at all costs but that’s probably why he won’t ever manage one of the big boys, great to watch from a neutral point of view tho

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Michael Beale rocks up at Sunderland. A few more seasons in the wilderness for the Makams then.

Not an easy club to manage due to expectations based on their amount of fans rather than on reality, don’t see them back in the premier league anytime soon. Can’t really make my mind up about Beale still highly rated but I thought he was honking at Rangers 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Not an easy club to manage due to expectations based on their amount of fans rather than on reality, don’t see them back in the premier league anytime soon. Can’t really make my mind up about Beale still highly rated but I thought he was honking at Rangers 

He’s a fraud. 

Sunderland’s sporting director has quite a different view to most of football…… "He has an excellent and well-founded reputation for developing players and he is an outstanding progressive coach, who is aligned with our playing identity and naturally fits within our structure alongside Mike Dodds and the wider team."