Indyref 2 (2) - Page 218 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Expect plenty representation from The Reform Party going forward

The Greens got over 10% of the vote in the by election as well yet it's only Farage the media is interested in

It bugs me that he can WhatsApp a govt minister when he's irked about something and the fuss ends up about whatever he's moaning about rather than his over-representation. Too many folk don't bother that he's unelected and just think he's saying what everyone is thinking 🙄Same goes for Cameron parachuted into the Lords/FS. Farage will also know a low turnout could work in his favour.

If the election stuff is as poor as the Covid enquiry was for badly portraying the Scottish govt as the villains then fingers crossed enough folk can see that. 

On 2/17/2024 at 10:45 AM, Toepoke said:

Vote for Labour, so that I can hold Labour to account...

427829280_6600071860093498_6402833312290

Anas Sarwar is without doubt the thickest leader "Scottish Labour" had ever had. Thicker even than Iain Gray and Kezia Dugdale.

That headline appeared in a Labour-supporting paper - how could he or his team - who are presumably brighter than him, which wouldn't be difficult - let that go out??

Unfortunately, there are a great many people in this country so stupid - much stupider even than Sarwar - that the inherent contradiction in that statement won't register with them.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:27 PM, King Of Paisley said:

Any one even remotely thinking for that idiot clearly need to give their heads a wobble. Not to mention be ashamed of themselves 

How anyone could consider voting for this muppet is beyond me:

He looks like someone who's been set up as part of a cruel prank: "You should run for leader, Anas, you'd be really good!" *snigger snigger* "Hey Anas, see when you do your speech, here's some jokes you should tell...aye, they're brilliant, they'll go down a storm..." *Arf*

I detested Ruth Davidson when she was the darling of the North British media, but at least she was articulate and had some semblance of a personality. Sarwar's boss, Starmer, isn't charismatic but he isn't stupid either. Sarwar though, as far as I can tell, has no redeeming qualities as a politician at all, yet he's being sold to us as the potential next Forest Minister of this country!

35 minutes ago, scotlad said:

yet he's being sold to us as the potential next Forest Minister of this country!

If Sarwar wins power he will give that job to Muriel Gray ...

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

He looks like someone who's been set up as part of a cruel prank: "You should run for leader, Anas, you'd be really good!" *snigger snigger* "Hey Anas, see when you do your speech, here's some jokes you should tell...aye, they're brilliant, they'll go down a storm..." *Arf*

I detested Ruth Davidson when she was the darling of the North British media, but at least she was articulate and had some semblance of a personality. Sarwar's boss, Starmer, isn't charismatic but he isn't stupid either. Sarwar though, as far as I can tell, has no redeeming qualities as a politician at all, yet he's being sold to us as the potential next Forest Minister of this country!

Aye we will get 5 more years of them at the very least if we stay in this woeful setup. 

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Or the only alternative in this decrepit union is more Tory sleaze. Depressing thought.

Sarwar was saying in the clip that we'd get 5 more years of the likes of Priti Patel etc if we don't vote Labour but we'll get that anyway even if Labour get in because it just goes back to Tory anyway. Sorry, I wasn't clear when quoting before! 

Read a thing this weekend about the number of 'big names' stepping down at the election.

“There are quite a lot of big names this time: we’ve got Dominic Raab, Sajid Javid, Matt Hancock. It will be a lot of experience leaving parliament whoever wins the next election.”

These people have contributed to much of the damage to the UK and our political/social decline. They are not great sporting heroes or something, bowing out gracefully. No need to put a spin on the lack of experience/talent left behind. They're already in the cabinet. 

Edited by StirlingEgg

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I really hope so, he needs to make the people in the North east realise that westminster doesn't and never has cared for them

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I see the article touches on the building of nuclear power plants and there was another story about that today. The costs, funnily enough, are already considerable and still rising (in billions). The funding model for Sizewell C (differs from Hinkley funding) guarantees a return for investors...GUARANTEES. Are there any other investment types out there that are all return with no risk?? How is this still happening with our utilities and infrastructure? Households exposed to potential overruns...Does anyone here know more about this stuff to clarify? Feel like it's another big wtf on the horizon. 

This is re Sizewell C project: 

"RAB financing models, which have been used in the construction of the Thames Tideway Tunnel and Heathrow Terminal 5, are designed to encourage investment by offering a guaranteed income for investors during the construction phase of a large project and bring down financing costs, with the cost added to bills."

the snp have an open goal to shoot into at the moment, all they need to do is return to historical snp policies of standing up for the common man/woman. come out and back the oil and gas industry, come out and back the fishermen,, that wins the north and the west.. come out and back infrastructure projects, set out a vision... come out and back a renewable energy wealth fund,, the projects are way past the point of pulling out,, its a no brainer,,, kepp the GRR at arms length... bring Forbes back in as finance secretary.. reduce the tax burden on the squeezed middle

Lastly,, this is a policy that i believe would win over working parent and at the same time help boost our population,,, give tax breaks to any family over the size or say 3 or 4.. have,, say a family are thinking of having a third baby, a tax break for the bairns first 3 years would be a massive incentive(if that's the right word) its a policy i cant believe any government in the west has no suggested considering our low fertility rates  

A decent leader would get the SNP back on track. Hampden Loon above is spot on with what needs to be done.  I don't know how we have ended up with so many stupid, flawed bills in the SP, but they are almost universally unpopular and that is a recipe for defeat.  I would start by ditching the toxic Greens and then get on with a programme based pretty much on the sort of things HL has listed.  I would also commit to providing funds to keep Grangemouth as a working refinery and not just a storage depot.  We need infrastructure to process our oil reserves and there is no good reason why that shouldn't be done in Scotland - and a fairly obvious reasons why refining capacity shouldn't be the preserve of our southern neighbour.  I hope Yousaf realises his whole career, such as it is, is on the line this year.

13 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

I see the article touches on the building of nuclear power plants and there was another story about that today. The costs, funnily enough, are already considerable and still rising (in billions). The funding model for Sizewell C (differs from Hinkley funding) guarantees a return for investors...GUARANTEES. Are there any other investment types out there that are all return with no risk?? How is this still happening with our utilities and infrastructure? Households exposed to potential overruns...Does anyone here know more about this stuff to clarify? Feel like it's another big wtf on the horizon. 

This is re Sizewell C project: 

"RAB financing models, which have been used in the construction of the Thames Tideway Tunnel and Heathrow Terminal 5, are designed to encourage investment by offering a guaranteed income for investors during the construction phase of a large project and bring down financing costs, with the cost added to bills."

I dont know anything about it but there doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of interest from UK investors and it has potential to go totally pearshaped..

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2023/nov/27/uae-approached-to-invest-sizewell-c-nuclear-power-plant

https://www.investmentmonitor.ai/opinion/uk-nuclear-rab-energy-renewable/?cf-view

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont know anything about it but there doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of interest from UK investors and it has potential to go totally pearshaped..

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2023/nov/27/uae-approached-to-invest-sizewell-c-nuclear-power-plant

https://www.investmentmonitor.ai/opinion/uk-nuclear-rab-energy-renewable/?cf-view

They all just seem like investment vehicles, with little focus on what happens later on. They throw in Easter Eggs to the sales pitch like job opportunities or powering X amount of homes to justify the blank cheque from us. Oh and nuclear safety is paramount so we can't put a price on that! The Hinkley one has EDF/French taxpayers shouldering the rising costs after China pulled out so they are wanting the UK govt to help out...

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Clown tries to appear like a cunt and succeeds

I thought you meant Salmond there because of the picture! You'd think Ross would do a bit of basic research first. Teat. 

Edited by StirlingEgg

Reports out tonight that Starrmer ordering a three line whip and his MPs to vote against the SNP motion regarding an immediate ceasefire. So that'll be Anus slapped down yet again.

Won't be reported in Daily Labour of course. But Humza, Stephen Flynn and similar senior SNP politicians have to seize on this and remind voters how weak Sarwar and 'Scottish' Labour are. A racing certainty Shanks and the gonad in a suit that is Murray will do Kid Starvers bidding. Any Scot voting for that shower should be ashamed of themselves 

9 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Reports out tonight that Starrmer ordering a three line whip and his MPs to vote against the SNP motion regarding an immediate ceasefire. So that'll be Anus slapped down yet again.

Won't be reported in Daily Labour of course. But Humza, Stephen Flynn and similar senior SNP politicians have to seize on this and remind voters how weak Sarwar and 'Scottish' Labour are. A racing certainty Shanks and the gonad in a suit that is Murray will do Kid Starvers bidding. Any Scot voting for that shower should be ashamed of themselves 

I still think to a General Election from around a decade ago when Scottish Labour were almost wiped out in Scotland. On the live TV coverage Ken Livingstone hit the nail on the head saying Scottish Labour had to cut all ties with the Westminster branch to gain some form of traction and trust.