Indyref 2 (2) - Page 215 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The only disaster are these posts. get a grip lads

a politician has gone on holiday - end of story. 

And of all the places in the world he could have chosen to go on holiday he picks fucking Qatar?? 

Don't be so naive. The optics are horrible, and that's a kind assessment.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

And of all the places in the world he could have chosen to go on holiday he picks fucking Qatar?? 

👍

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Thousands of us would have gone there if we had been good enough to qualify for the World Cup. Double standards in play here, I think. Doesn't matter where he went on holiday folk would be whinging about it.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

He's a fucking disaster.  🤦‍♂️

What do you think he and the Iranian PM are up to ? This has hot to be up there with ‘NS stole £600k and used it to buy a camper van and didnt think it would be obvious at all if she parked it on her mother in law’s driveway  ‘ theatrics.
DTS is at it but I didn’t think you would fall for that. 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hopefully MI6 keeps an eye on the cunt

They are too busy wasting tax payers money spying on the SG trips promoting independence the world over. 

43 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I ain't being naive, regardless of where he went he would be attacked for it. Recently there was Shona Robison, she went skiing with her Daughter and got slaughtered for it.

32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Thousands of us would have gone there if we had been good enough to qualify for the World Cup. Double standards in play here, I think. Doesn't matter where he went on holiday folk would be whinging about it.

I am pretty certain the angry from manchesters have skyscanner alerts for any leader that dares to take a holiday. 

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont rate Humza at all but the continued attacks for very little makes me more likely to stand up for him. 

I am starting to rate him. He seems unfazed despite the constant attacks. Linking him with Iran is absolute desperation from the Yoon media.

Humza is trying his best, I don't dislike him and think he's been dealt a bad hand.

Each to their own but Dubai/UAE/Qatar/Bahrain/Abu Fake doesn't thrill me as a holiday destination.  Anyone that's ever gone there for work, in my experience, seems a bit too DESPERATE to convince anyone in earshot it was their best decision ever.  Can't think of anywhere i'd rather less go on holiday 😄

9 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Humza is trying his best, I don't dislike him and think he's been dealt a bad hand.

Each to their own but Dubai/UAE/Qatar/Bahrain/Abu Fake doesn't thrill me as a holiday destination.  Anyone that's ever gone there for work, in my experience, seems a bit too DESPERATE to convince anyone in earshot it was their best decision ever.  Can't think of anywhere i'd rather less go on holiday 😄

I cant think of anywhere I’d rather less go either , who on earth wants to go somewhere you cant drink and dance in the streets, thats no holiday at all 😏

Plenty of folk do go though, Dubai in particular is very popular. Especially at this time of year where there are only so many holiday destinations with guaranteed sunshine. Not everyone fancies spending a week in the Red Lion Tenerife.  

17 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I've got no wish to go to any of those places but plenty of people do. I guess the temperature will be decent this time of year. Some people are just going to criticise Humza whatever.

I think me and Scotlad are coming at it from an Independence angle

This is what Humza is up against

75% of Muslims say that Islamophobia is a regular or everyday issue in Scottish society.

If you dont believe that just go and look at his twitter feed

Do you think going to Qatar, where a chunk of the Hamas leadership reside, will help that ?

We have already had the high profile of his in laws being in Palestine when it kicked off 

As for the World Cup being in Qatar - The IDF werent committing all out war on Gaza when that was on

Independence is a lot of about optics - and his are shite

I realise that's more our problem than his ,,but still you get my point

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I ain't being naive, regardless of where he went he would be attacked for it. Recently there was Shona Robison, she went skiing with her Daughter and got slaughtered for it.

It's a slippery slope.

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think me and Scotlad are coming at it from an Independence angle

This is what Humza is up against

75% of Muslims say that Islamophobia is a regular or everyday issue in Scottish society.

If you dont believe that just go and look at his twitter feed

Do you think going to Qatar, where a chunk of the Hamas leadership reside, will help that ?

We have already had the high profile of his in laws being in Palestine when it kicked off 

As for the World Cup being in Qatar - The IDF werent committing all out war on Gaza when that was on

Independence is a lot of about optics - and his are shite

I realise that's more our problem than his ,,but still you get my point

Hard to believe how Muslims would think that. 🤔

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I cant think of anywhere I’d rather less go either , who on earth wants to go somewhere you cant drink and dance in the streets, thats no holiday at all 😏

Plenty of folk do go though, Dubai in particular is very popular. Especially at this time of year where there are only so many holiday destinations with guaranteed sunshine. Not everyone fancies spending a week in the Red Lion Tenerife.  

I'd put the Red Lion parts of Tenerife and the shallow Dubai type holidays on about a par for different reasons 😅.  The parts of the Canaries outside of the Brit-land are a delight.  I'm being really judge-y here i admit.  I could enjoy both right now in fairness over murky Alba.

This is the only news i've seen anything about Yousaf's holiday, I don't think it's a major news story or even today's fish supper paper.  Maybe my finger isn't the pulse though. 

12 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I'd put the Red Lion parts of Tenerife and the shallow Dubai type holidays on about a par for different reasons 😅.  The parts of the Canaries outside of the Brit-land are a delight.  I'm being really judge-y here i admit.  I could enjoy both right now in fairness over murky Alba.

This is the only news i've seen anything about Yousaf's holiday, I don't think it's a major news story or even today's fish supper paper.  Maybe my finger isn't the pulse though. 

😂 I have booked a holiday in Morocco in April , not because I am keen to explore different cultures of the world but because I need to convince my husband we can retire on a limited income and I got a one week all inclusive holiday for less than my tumble drier bill for the same period. 

I haven’t hears a thing either apart from on here. Thats despite googling ’ scottish news ‘ , ‘ useless news’ ‘ useless Scottish news’ ‘ useless scottish news and his wife’ and ‘ useless and the Iranian’ . Nothing. 

I enjoy the smaller "British" boozers when abroad especially if they show the racing and get a wee bet on

I avoid the big ones like the plague right enough

The guy is entitled to a holiday, but choosing to go to Qatar?  The optics are terrible.  I would question his judgement, and not for the first time.  Particularly as Hamas seem to have their leaders based there.

Will be a right laugh if he turned up in a motorhome he's borrowed...

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Qatar should never have been awarded the World Cup in a million years, but there is a difference between football fans going to a one-off, once-in-a-generation (for Scotland) sporting event than the FM of Scotland, with an abundance of options available to him for his dose of summer sun, opting to go to a country renowned for treating gay people, migrant workers and women like shite. Especially so when said FM portrayed himself as a champion and defender of LGBTQ+ rights, and all other things worthy, during his election campaign.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

What do you think he and the Iranian PM are up to ? This has hot to be up there with ‘NS stole £600k and used it to buy a camper van and didnt think it would be obvious at all if she parked it on her mother in law’s driveway  ‘ theatrics.
DTS is at it but I didn’t think you would fall for that. 

If it isn't to arrange a massive shipment of weapons to enable Scotland to defend itself after we declare UDI later this year I'm not interested.

I think it's highly unlikely he and the Iranian PM are up to anything, but they are in the same small place at the same time, while a vicious, internecine armed conflict, that both he and the state of Iran have taken an interest in, rages not too far away. It doesn't take much for his opponents to take all that information and make mischief with it - something that could have been avoided if he and Nadia had just gone to the Algarve for a week instead.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The man has as much right to take a holiday as anyone, no reasonable person would deny that, and Shona Robison does too. Robison, though, went to the French Alps, which isn't, as far as I'm aware, home to a terrorist organisation that has not long sparked an armed conflict in one of the most volatile parts of the world.

If its not this short break he's on it will be something else. 

I did a quick Google news on search humza yousaf 

The times wants him investigated for missing messages

GB news is babbling on about missing 61m

The Scotsman headline has his name alongside slave trade profits going to teachers and Scottish schools

The Scottish express goes with humza ignored warnings about killer XXL Bully dogs. 

The daily mail headline is a beaut, theyre going with the snp cabinet wear the grins of people who can't believe their luck. 

The point I'm making is he gets attacked constantly for everything, it wouldn't matter where he went,they would dig up some non story about him anyway. If he went to Germany they'd link the fucking town he visits to Hitler 

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

If its not this short break he's on it will be something else. 

I did a quick Google news on search humza yousaf 

The times wants him investigated for missing messages

GB news is babbling on about missing 61m

The Scotsman headline has his name alongside slave trade profits going to teachers and Scottish schools

The Scottish express goes with humza ignored warnings about killer XXL Bully dogs. 

The daily mail headline is a beaut, theyre going with the snp cabinet wear the grins of people who can't believe their luck. 

The point I'm making is he gets attacked constantly for everything, it wouldn't matter where he went,they would dig up some non story about him anyway. If he went to Germany they'd link the fucking town he visits to Hitler 

The Express and Mail has got to them posters.

24 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

The Express and Mail has got to them posters.

Supermarket paper stands are basically billboards for Unionism, bash the SNP, lurid headline, truth distorted, no apology, just a lingering image in the customers mind that SNP are incompetent or rotten.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

Qatar should never have been awarded the World Cup in a million years, but there is a difference between football fans going to a one-off, once-in-a-generation (for Scotland) sporting event than the FM of Scotland, with an abundance of options available to him for his dose of summer sun, opting to go to a country renowned for treating gay people, migrant workers and women like shite. Especially so when said FM portrayed himself as a champion and defender of LGBTQ+ rights, and all other things worthy, during his election campaign.

If it isn't to arrange a massive shipment of weapons to enable Scotland to defend itself after we declare UDI later this year I'm not interested.

I think it's highly unlikely he and the Iranian PM are up to anything, but they are in the same small place at the same time, while a vicious, internecine armed conflict, that both he and the state of Iran have taken an interest in, rages not too far away. It doesn't take much for his opponents to take all that information and make mischief with it - something that could have been avoided if he and Nadia had just gone to the Algarve for a week instead.

The man has as much right to take a holiday as anyone, no reasonable person would deny that, and Shona Robison does too. Robison, though, went to the French Alps, which isn't, as far as I'm aware, home to a terrorist organisation that has not long sparked an armed conflict in one of the most volatile parts of the world.

I was going to reply last night but it was too late and VA has kinda said it for me. 

But just to add , what is he supposed to do ? Request the calendar of every controversial leader  just to check their holiday schedules dont clash. This is a guy who apparently is too stupid to run a wee diddy country that isn’t capable of looking after itself and needs daddy WM to keep us safe. At least that is the opinion of the people who are peddling this pish but who at the same time seem to think he may have the ability to be holding some clandestine meetings with Iran. Most of them couldn’t tell you the difference between Hamas and Hummus . I would not give these nutters the oxygen to spread their nonsense . If folk cant see this then they totally deserve to be stuck in this union and have the pish ripped out them. 

No doubt if he had gone to the Algarve he would have been accused of transporting £61 mio in his suitcases to pay Portugal to swing the nations league for us.