Print your tickets / have QR code ready! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Print your tickets / have QR code ready!

Haggis_trap

Last few games at Hampden have been chaos due to the electronic turnstiles.
Basically loads of pished folk getting to front of the queue then being unable to find QR code on their phone.
Some fans not getting into ground until the match is well under way.
Lets try to be organised and make sure we are all in the ground to build atmosphere for the kick off!

Cmon Scotland!

I purchased the 4 match package at the end of January, I opened up the email on Saturday and noticed that the quality of the QR code was terrible for printing, I emailed the SFA about this and the response was even though the QR quality was poor it would still scan and you would gain access, they also suggested going into your purchase history and resend tickets to your email but on trying this that function doesn’t exist.

14 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

I purchased the 4 match package at the end of January, I opened up the email on Saturday and noticed that the quality of the QR code was terrible for printing, I emailed the SFA about this and the response was even though the QR quality was poor it would still scan and you would gain access, they also suggested going into your purchase history and resend tickets to your email but on trying this that function doesn’t exist.

The function does exist (on mobile you need to tap the wee “i” at the bottom of the purchased item then scroll down and tap on “Re-send email”) but surely it would just be the same thing that was sent? 

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The function does exist (on mobile you need to tap the wee “i” at the bottom of the purchased item then scroll down and tap on “Re-send email”) but surely it would just be the same thing that was sent? 

Well spotted, but I tried on my iPad and could not see it, cheers

8 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

I noticed the exact same thing regarding the quality of the QR code at the weekend.

Best way round it is to download the PDF of your ticket to your desktop and then email the PDF back to yourself, quality of QR code is then much clearer 👍

Its not the best way e-ticket system I have seen...
If you order 10x tickets (via friends & family) there is no easy way to send them to your friends.
Basically need to download all the pdfs / work out the individual membership numbers / send them an email with their pdf.

2 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

If you order 10x tickets (via friends & family) there is no easy way to send them to your friends.
Basically need to download all the pdfs / work out the individual membership numbers / send them an email with their pdf.

Aye, it would be easy to get things mixed up and have two (or more) folk trying to use the same QR code to try to get in. 

I've just printed off 40 tickets for my crew, 

10 guys x 4 Tix.     

Even the resent e mail/pdf has not got great clarity on the qr codes.

Hopefully they will work.

Make sure you take the correct Ukraine ticket tomorrow night..

ie Play off. not nations league 👍

3 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

You could just forward the email to all of them and let them take responsibility for their own tickets? Depends if there are any doughballs in your group I suppose. 😂

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My QR codes look fine, which is a bit concerning! It is the tickets that were originally for March, isnt it ? 

Yeah it’s the one dated 24th of March. I wonder how many people will forget and take the one that has June on it. 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah it’s the one dated 24th of March. I wonder how many people will forget and take the one that has June on it. 

Thanks. For a moment I thought they had perhaps resent the email with updates details. 

4 hours ago, glesgadan said:

I resent the email and my new tickets for the 4 match package now have the correct dates on them. 
including tonight’s game and says World Cup play off.

Will be the same QR code I suspect. Original tickets will be fine to use as well. 

Queue I was in there seemed to be loads of blokes using printed out QRs (as I was) but them not working. So they tried a dozen times.

I wonder how many of them had, as suggested above, brought the Nations' League Ukraine ticket? Took ages to get in, anyway. Pie queues seemed to crawl as well. I wonder if the contactless-only regime caused that? I actually gave up as I'd've missed the anthems.

21 hours ago, Malcolm said:

How hard is it to cater for 50,000.  Sort it out sfa.  The girl that was operating the electronic turnstile didn’t seem to to know up from down. It was horrific.

what a shambles we are.

😄   Sorry Malcolm, you've set me off again.   I suspect it's deliberate.

I was late myself.   By that I mean half an hour before ko, but I knew beforehand that with a sell-out, it was going to be slow.   UEFA's answer (them that put had to have the gadgets in place) was to have some fans there 2hrs early ... fro a 1/4 full stadium.

I'm not sure what the best tech answer is, but there was a steward on every turnstile to assist, rather than just a ticket collector.

Glad to say I was surrounded by friendly fans, helpful stewards and a charming polis on a lovely horse.   Shame Mrs Grim was a bit tetchy 😬

On 6/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, KirkieRobRoy said:

Queue I was in there seemed to be loads of blokes using printed out QRs (as I was) but them not working. So they tried a dozen times.

I wonder how many of them had, as suggested above, brought the Nations' League Ukraine ticket? Took ages to get in, anyway. Pie queues seemed to crawl as well. I wonder if the contactless-only regime caused that? I actually gave up as I'd've missed the anthems.

Surely card payments would be quicker than cash? 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's like all technology, fantastic when it's working well, but just a total pain in the erse when it stop working properly.  

Fair point but I don’t think there were any problems with the card readers. Could be wrong of course but I haven’t heard or read anyone mention that was the case.

I’m not really sure if making Hampden a cashless stadium was the best of ideas though.