Transport chaos on Wednesday - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transport chaos on Wednesday

Malcolm

Given that the last train home to Edinburgh is now 10.15, I don’t see how I will be able to go to the game, even if the game finishes in normal time will not make it back to queen street.  Also think roads will be horrific with many not taking the train.

Think the ground might not be full with folk not going at the last minute.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Given that the last train home to Edinburgh is now 10.15, I don’t see how I will be able to go to the game, even if the game finishes in normal time will not make it back to queen street.  Also think roads will be horrific with many not taking the train.

It's absolute shit. What about the bus on the way home.     . Realise the roads will be busy, but it will be worth it if we win. 

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Bus? Bit of a risk in case you don’t get on one one I suppose.

If I lived in Edinburgh (or anywhere else outside of Glasgow) I’d be driving even if the roads were likely to be very busy. I’d even consider a taxi if there was at least 4 of us going.

There’s absolutely no way I’d be letting this debacle with the trains stop me from getting to a game of this magnitude. Easy for me to say when I live in Glasgow right enough.  

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Scotrail have just announced extra trains will be running to Edinburgh from Queen Street at 10:45 and 11:45. 

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

Is that still doable if extra time and penalties? 

Even with extra-time and penalties the match should be finished for 22.30. I have a CityLink bus booked for 23.30 to Edinburgh as back up. As Texas Pete said no way am I missing it because of a little thing like no trains.

19 minutes ago, tartan davie said:

what about us from perth,dundee,aberdeen we have to get home as well

That's nothing new though. You've never been able to get any further north than Stirling after a midweek game. A pish train service is nothing new, it's been pish for decades.