Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

28 minutes ago, scotlad said:

At the very least, I'd be surprised if Ukraine found it as easy today as they did on Wednesday.

That said, it looks like Wales might be setting up similarly to how we did. 🤔

These are coming out swinging nae danger.

Part of me envies them if they can play it as a football game. There's another part of me that doesn't though because it's basically being able to think 'I know it might give a brief chink of light to their suffering population but fuck it we want go Qatar!'

How're STV showing this?

Did we go to Sky News for half an hour in the build up and all?

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

These are coming out swinging nae danger.

Part of me envies them if they can play it as a football game. There's another part of me that doesn't though because it's basically being able to think 'I know it might give a brief chink of light to their suffering population but fuck it we want go Qatar!'

How're STV showing this?

Did we go to Sky News for half an hour in the build up and all?

They allowed the game to be shown on domestic tv , the fact that this is the final international game sky can show will not be connected at all.

it’s on STV/ITV/Sky/S4C so plenty choice 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

They allowed the game to be shown on domestic tv , the fact that this is the final international game sky can show will not be connected at all.

it’s on STV/ITV/Sky/S4C so plenty choice 

Just seems shite Wales get this free and Nations League via S4C and we need two subscriptions 

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Just seems shite Wales get this free and Nations League via S4C and we need two subscriptions 

Very much so but they have a rule that games need to be domestic council tv same as England we do not.

So you can see wales and england games on free to air tv up here but not our own.

Martin Tyler “soldiering “ on not best choice of wording

17 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

1 minute 50 to rattle into them.  We were embarrassed tackle them for an hour

Already it's obvious that Wales are much better organised than we were. Ukraine have had a couple of good chances though.

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Why were all our corners on Wednesday outswingers, with this guy in goals? 

Good question. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like the Ukraine goalie has taken an ankle knock though. If he has to come off that might be bad news for Wales!  The last time an opposing team had to change their goalie in against them in a must-win World Cup fixture it didn't end well for them...

6 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Very much so but they have a rule that games need to be domestic council tv same as England we do not.

So you can see wales and england games on free to air tv up here but not our own.

Martin Tyler “soldiering “ on not best choice of wording

He even acknowledged it wasn't best choice of phrase before saying it and said it anyway the daft twat.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If we had won on Wednesday our game against Wales would be on STV right now. 

I get that to be fair but we still need Sky and Premier Sports to see all but one game if we'd made it whilst Wales can watch free. We get shafted for it not being a statutory requirement.

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I get that to be fair but we still need Sky and Premier Sports to see all but one game if we'd made it whilst Wales can watch free. We get shafted for it not being a statutory requirement.

It’s not a statutory requirement in Wales or England. 

26 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Still don't get why we need two subscriptions watch our games this window and Wales and England don't need any.  

It’s 2 different tournaments and the rights have changed hands. Channel 4 have paid a fortune for England’s games and have no interest in paying to show our games. 

S4C have paid to show Wales games in the Welsh language. I’m sure BBC Scotland could have tried to negotiate to get the rights to cover our games in Gaelic but their budget isn’t as big as S4C’s. Especially if it’s BBC Alba’s budget that would be used.

When the new contract starts in 2024 it looks like some of our games will be free to air but I can’t see that happening under the current deal with Premier Sports unless it’s a playoff final. 

6 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Ukraine were a bite unlucky to lose that but Wales showed they aren't the world-beaters we made them look on Wednesday.

Consequently, we look like even bigger diddies now.  🙄

Exactly. They are decent but we gave them so much room they looked like world beaters. It was embarrassing on wednesday and feels even more so after today. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, thesaint said:

Not if we play like that i dont. 

Well overall clarke has gotten us decent results so far. Just because we lost to ukraine doesnt mean we will not qualify for the euros. Lets not forget the progress we have made under clarke.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Exactly. They are decent but we gave them so much room they looked like world beaters. It was embarrassing on wednesday and feels even more so after today. 

Embarrassing is a bit of an over reaction. We got beat by a decent team. It was only 2-1 until the last minute with us chasing an equaliser. Thats far from embarrassing, its just disappointing and we need to be competing better against teams of ukraines ability.