Starting 11 v Ukraine - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Ukraine

Malcolm

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Embarrassing is a bit of an over reaction. We got beat by a decent team. It was only 2-1 until the last minute with us chasing an equaliser. Thats far from embarrassing, its just disappointing and we need to be competing better against teams of ukraines ability. 

Well i thought the performance was embarrassing and so did plenty roundabout me. To only be able to produce a performance like that in such a big game was pitiful. Let's not go overboard on Ukraine. They are decent, no more. Our giving them so much space to play contributed to them looking good. When it came to it they couldn't beat a hard working but bang average Wales side. 

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

Exactly. They are decent but we gave them so much room they looked like world beaters. It was embarrassing on wednesday and feels even more so after today. 

I'm always on at my own wee boy about snapping into his tackles if they're there to be won, but standing his man up if he needs to. Felt like we did too much of the standing off, getting into shape and allowing Ukraine possession. We let them play their wee triangles that moved them 5 metres up all through the game. We had more joy when we went toe to toe second half. Wales were at them from the start. 

8 hours ago, thesaint said:

Well i thought the performance was embarrassing and so did plenty roundabout me. To only be able to produce a performance like that in such a big game was pitiful. Let's not go overboard on Ukraine. They are decent, no more. Our giving them so much space to play contributed to them looking good. When it came to it they couldn't beat a hard working but bang average Wales side. 

If you want find something embarrassing, head over to the tartanarmy Facebook page to see a couple of Scotland fans who went to Cardiff with their Scotland tops on, posing for photos with Welsh fans 🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

If you want fins something embarrassing, head over to the tartanarmy Facebook page to see a couple of Scotland fans who went to Cardiff with their Scotland tops on, posing for photos with Welsh fans 🤣🤣

Maybe just as embarrassing watching pre-match build-up with England fans in attendance wearing Ukraine tops claiming to be supporting Ukraine in their time of need. Aye right.

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Maybe just as embarrassing watching pre-match build-up with England fans in attendance wearing Ukraine tops claiming to be supporting Ukraine in their time of need. Aye right.

I never saw that. Some football fans are fucking weird.

No way I'd want to be in Cardiff when it could have been us. If I had to be there I sure as shit wouldn't be sitting in a pub with a Scotland top on. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

No way I'd want to be in Cardiff when it could have been us. If I had to be there I sure as shit wouldn't be sitting in a pub with a Scotland top on. 

No me neither. It is lining yourself up for bucket loads of stick and piss-taking after the other night.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I lost the money on my flights and train tickets from Bristol plus part of my air bnb payment. People were saying why didn't i just go down anyway. The thought of being down among all that watching them celebrate would be beyond suffering, made 100 times worse by wearing a Scotland top.Those guys are basically desperate attention seekers. Have seen plenty of them through the years. If they felt they might as well make a trip out of it because they would lose the money anyway, fair enough. To set yourself up as the figure of ridicule by drawing attention to yourself by  wearing a Scotland shirt is beyond comprehention.