Stand Cricket - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stand Cricket

biffer

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Huge result for Scottish cricket let’s not fuck this up against the Dutch on Thursday 

Was just about to post. It's on Sky on Thursday... Haven't a fuckin clue how cricket works, but I'll be watching the match.. 🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Is it not 6 an over ?

Was the run rate at the time i posted - 8 runs every 6 balls

Looks like i have jinxed it

• 2 weeks later...

England about to lose the Ashes because of the rain 😆, cue inquest about changing the rules and questioning the set up of the tournament. Obviously if the weather was in their favour it would have all been dandy and Aussie’s just sore losers 

On 7/23/2023 at 3:28 PM, dan cake said:

England about to lose the Ashes because of the rain 😆, cue inquest about changing the rules and questioning the set up of the tournament. Obviously if the weather was in their favour it would have all been dandy and Aussie’s just sore losers 

To be fair, many people who are followers of test cricket have ben asking some of the questions for years, this has just brought it to a head. Personally I'm not in favour of a reserve day, but more flexibility about extending hours of play, and doing something different about over rates are both needed. Players get through 90-100 overs a day easily in county cricket, and tests used to be 100+ a day. Only managing 75 overs in  day is bloody ridiculous, and often deliberate. Hours of play are set for India, which makes no sense for long summer evenings in England - could easily be playing at 7.30 or 8 on some days.