Triple Header Games - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Triple Header Games

gkm_vancouver

13 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

the other teams are in the same boat though David.... I think the quality of players and leagues they play in is superior to that of our opponents.... whats yer predictions then? you think moldova and austria will beat us?

This is a fair point, we will beat Moldova 

think we will need to win in Austria , just not sure we have enough quality players needed in these sort of games to make a difference .

my worry is a heavy defeat in Denmark will just make it too difficult to come back from.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

This is a fair point, we will beat Moldova 

think we will need to win in Austria , just not sure we have enough quality players needed in these sort of games to make a difference .

my worry is a heavy defeat in Denmark will just make it too difficult to come back from.

Look at the group as it stands..... the Denmark game is insignificant as they will win the group.... what we need to focus on is the other teams... teams that are bottom we need to beat then the likes of Austria ... we drew already but NEED  to beat them now other wise if they beat the bottom teams they will inevitably go above us..... like i say.... draw or a win for denmark then beat moldova and beat or draw against Austria

Denmark game going to be really tough as will be a full crowd who will be fully behind team after their Euro campaign. 

They are a very solid team with exceptional keeper, very good centre backs, attacking full backs and Holberg and Delaney controlling midfield. Poulsen, Dolberg, Braithwaite and Daamsgaard in attack. 

Will need a Wembleyesque performance to have a chance. 

Gordon

McKenna

Hanley

Tierney

Robbo

Fraser

Mctominay

Gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

Dykes

Squad: McLaughlin, Clark, Patterson, Cooper, Gallagher, McClean, McGregor, Turnbull, Armstrong, Forrest, Christie, Wright, Nisbit

52 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Denmark game going to be really tough as will be a full crowd who will be fully behind team after their Euro campaign. 

They are a very solid team with exceptional keeper, very good centre backs, attacking full backs and Holberg and Delaney controlling midfield. Poulsen, Dolberg, Braithwaite and Daamsgaard in attack. 

Gordon

McKenna

Hanley

Tierney

Robbo

Fraser

Mctominay

Gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

Dykes

Squad: McLaughlin, Clark, Patterson, Cooper, Gallagher, McClean, McGregor, Turnbull, Armstrong, Forrest, Christie, Wright, Nisbit

Fully agree with you! a Wemblyesque performance indeed! we can do it though! glad your showing enthusiasm for it.... seems like every one is already given up. we are unbeaten after 3 games.... i just hope all the negativity im hearing doesn't feed through to the players on the nights. anyone who is feeling let down by the euros needs to give there head a wee wobbly... we were the worst worst odds team to win it like 250 - 1 if i recall.... i still think we played good in game 1, amazing in game 2 and game three we wernt the best but that being said Croatia (world cup finalists) were Amazing.

9 hours ago, ST6's-t-army said:

Look at the group as it stands..... the Denmark game is insignificant as they will win the group.... what we need to focus on is the other teams... teams that are bottom we need to beat then the likes of Austria ... we drew already but NEED  to beat them now other wise if they beat the bottom teams they will inevitably go above us..... like i say.... draw or a win for denmark then beat moldova and beat or draw against Austria

Each game is 3 points. We need to 'focus' on each match, including Denmark. IF we are to qualify from where we are now, we need to change the script and do something unexpected, like catching the Danes off guard. Getting a point off Denmark could be as achievable as, if not more achievable than, winning away against Austria IMO. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, ger intae them said:

To say we played ‘hoof ball’ is wrong. We tried to work the ball properly, but as others have said, the Croats stepped up and showed their class and we chased shadows.

I like souness as he through it back in the faces of the English  when they highlighted their failings rather than the very professional Scottish play….. but he is borderline senile in some of his chat about Liverpool trading ground etc….. you can’t use him to prove we played ‘hoofball’ 😂

I think because we play Dykes upfront ppl try and equate that with playing hoofball. I never thought we played hoofball in the slightest over the euros and I think most would agree. 

Gordon

O’Donnell. Hanley Cooper tierney robertson

Jack Gilmour    
                  Mctominay        Mcginn

Adams

Basically a back 5 with 2 defensive holders in front.  Mctominay and Mcginn to occasionally break in support,

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Gordon

O’Donnell. Hanley Cooper tierney robertson

Jack Gilmour    
                  Mctominay        Mcginn

Adams

Basically a back 5 with 2 defensive holders in front.  Mctominay and Mcginn to occasionally break in support,

Don't think Jack is quite ready yet. Turnbull and Christie need to be considered too.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I predict a defeat in Denmark, draw in Austria and a win against Moldova, which reflects exactly where we are in terms of ability. A top striker would get us a win in Austria but we are sadly lacking. 

Austria made the last 16 of the Euros losing to Italy after two wins in the group stages and are 26 places above us in the world rankings so we would be doing well to get a draw there.  A good win against Moldova and improved performance and we've got a chance of a result.

2 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Austria made the last 16 of the Euros losing to Italy after two wins in the group stages and are 26 places above us in the world rankings so we would be doing well to get a draw there.  A good win against Moldova and improved performance and we've got a chance of a result.

I am not denying they are a decent team and did well at the Euros, but they werent great in all their games, I definitely think we can get a draw there,  though with our scoring record will need to be a 0-0 draw 🙄

My concern is the order of the games. From a fitness perspective I would feel more confident if we played Austria before Denmark  as we haven’t a hope in hell of getting anything from Denmark anyway. 

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I predict a defeat in Denmark, draw in Austria and a win against Moldova, which reflects exactly where we are in terms of ability. A top striker would get us a win in Austria but we are sadly lacking. 

I think yer bang on with this prediction... but a draw against Austria is definitely achievable

12 hours ago, exile said:

Each game is 3 points. We need to 'focus' on each match, including Denmark. IF we are to qualify from where we are now, we need to change the script and do something unexpected, like catching the Danes off guard. Getting a point off Denmark could be as achievable as, if not more achievable than, winning away against Austria IMO. 

I think the Danes may be expecting a easy ride and if clarke is savy to this he could go for it. there is no point playing the old defensive style as the points are not being counted for us second place runners. lets just go 442 against the danes. big dikes holing the ball and che running off them. two old school wingers running the lines! Come on Scotland! play like you are playing the english and we could get a result against the danes 

12 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I was expecting our squad to be announced today, we have a game in a little over a week.   I wonder if Robbo will be in the squad, he is set to come back against Chelsea. 

Squad is getting announced tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, runningtings said:

I think Dykes is injured so he might not even be in the squad. 

'Warburton said Dykes has suffered a chest infection but hopes he will be available for the visit of Coventry City next weekend, despite being “touch and go”'

Fingers crossed should be fine if Warburton is right

On 8/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, Templeton_Peck said:

Gordon

McKenna

Hanley

Tierney

Robbo

Fraser

Mctominay

Gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

Dykes

Really annoyed that we can't have any fans in Denmark.They will still be on the euro ride that they had.Nearly every one of their games at the euros was basically played with only their supporters allowed.The only time they didn't have the bulk of the support they lost at wembley,and even when the game against them at Hampden comes around,you can be sure the sfa will be throwing tickets their way.Absolute shit.

33 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Really annoyed that we can't have any fans in Denmark.They will still be on the euro ride that they had.Nearly every one of their games at the euros was basically played with only their supporters allowed.The only time they didn't have the bulk of the support they lost at wembley,and even when the game against them at Hampden comes around,you can be sure the sfa will be throwing tickets their way.Absolute shit.

denmark are good. Need to pack the team with defenders and ball winners and retainers. Grind out a nil nil.