Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 280 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I am similar. I think he can do a good job against certain opponents and does bring a bit of physical presence. Against the likes of Cyprus he can do a job for us but against the stronger nations I would be a little nervous. However, he has always done a good job for us so perhaps its Rangers defensive set-up and coaching that holds him back. Who knows?

He offers a lot in terms of a centre back being able to drive forward with the ball and can defend excellently at times. He is prone to a clanger though so I do see what you mean. Do we have more consistent centre backs? Absolutely. Do we have more versatile CBs with more upside? (other than Tierney) - probably not.

33 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

He offers a lot in terms of a centre back being able to drive forward with the ball and can defend excellently at times. He is prone to a clanger though so I do see what you mean. Do we have more consistent centre backs? Absolutely. Do we have more versatile CBs with more upside? (other than Tierney) - probably not.

Very cool

7 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to Fotmob, Erhahon played well

Lincoln fans love Erhahon and House and think they will be the first players they ever sell for millions, League 1 and 2 have a number of very promising young  Scots to keep an eye on, the Lincoln guys, Leonard and Bowie at Northampton, Elliot Watt was players player of the year for Salford, and I have a mad Bolton mate who raves about Georg Johnstone before he got injured he said he would be sold for a few million and his injury is the biggest loss for Bolton, add in Liam Morrison, Tom Mcintyre and Tom Clayton.......and so on. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Weird that Villa had a 17 year old striker starting last night, but it wasn't Rory Wilson. Even this season he's off to a flyer with their u18's - both goals in a 2-0 win over Southampton and a hat trick against Spurs

Kellyman? Is he not a midfielder/winger - did he play as a striker? Wilson is an out and out striker. He has played, as you note, for the U18s this season so not likely to see any first team action until he has some U21/reserve starts. I presume Villa think he has something specific to work on in his game for them to drop him down to the U18s as he is clearly too good for that level.

Interesting situation possibly arising for Ben Doak - not necessarily good nor bad. Al-Ittihad have reportedly bid £150m for Salah - whilst I don't think Liverpool will sell that is a huge fee and any increases to it might temp them. Salah is 31 now and will miss a chunk of the season for AFCON. Liverpool would surely seek a replacement; it would take time to bed one in which might give Doak more chances but equally it is likely to be a younger player who will hang around longer limiting Doak's chances. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

59 minutes ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Gilmour starts again for Brighton - seems to be cementing his place. That Tonali is a very good player and fairly similar in style to wee Billy so will be interesting to see how that match up goes.

Anderson on the bench for the Beheaders. 

Played really well for them so far, good to see. De Zerbi showing loads of faith in him as they could've easily gone out and signed a top CM to replace Caciedo and Macalister.