Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 174 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ross Stewart is supposed to be out for the next twelve weeks or so. That's him out the upcoming games then.

Who does that open up a space in the squad for ?

Although they are different types of player i think burke will get back in the squad and personally i think morgan should be called up.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He was our best player against england imo. I am just surprised he hasnt been bought by an epl club or a team on the continent hasnt picked him up. 

I’ve always wondered this to, why no one down south has come in for him. He’s clearly someone that has outshone the top flight in Scotland for a number of years. The only time there was any hint of any interest was when Rodger’s moved to Leicester, who clearly therefore never fancied him as he could easily got him for cheaper than what you pay for down there. With so much focus on the recruitment side now it makes you wonder what we don’t see behind the scenes at football clubs, what data they have available to them. If you look at Aaron Hickey, there seems to be constant interest in him from clubs all over.

22 minutes ago, JECK said:

I’ve always wondered this to, why no one down south has come in for him. He’s clearly someone that has outshone the top flight in Scotland for a number of years. The only time there was any hint of any interest was when Rodger’s moved to Leicester, who clearly therefore never fancied him as he could easily got him for cheaper than what you pay for down there. With so much focus on the recruitment side now it makes you wonder what we don’t see behind the scenes at football clubs, what data they have available to them. If you look at Aaron Hickey, there seems to be constant interest in him from clubs all over.

During the Euros this came up on Sportsound. One of the regulars claimed that Celtic get a couple of enquiries (but not formal offers) every year about McGregor's availability by clubs from England and the continent but that the man himself doesn't want to go anywhere.

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Did someone on here say that tommy conway is eligible for us? Hes only 20 years old and has scored a few already in the english championship.

The "source" was Alan McInallyol, covering a Bristol City game for Soccer Saturday. I have to take that with a big pinch of salt.

There have been false alarms before about supposedly eligible players whom it turns out never were eligible. Remember the infamous David Johnson carry on ? Craig Brown came out of it looking like an absolute idiot.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The "source" was Alan McInallyol, covering a Bristol City game for Soccer Saturday. I have to take that with a big pinch of salt.

There have been false alarms before about supposedly eligible players whom it turns out never were eligible. Remember the infamous David Johnson carry on ? Craig Brown came out of it looking like an absolute idiot.

Would be great if he was. We are always in need of decent strikers and hes scored 6 in 10 so far this season and has only just turned 20. I would guess england u21s will soon be calling him up.

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Brighton manager Potter being lined up by Chelsea now seemingly. Could  be another terrible move for Gilmour this 

I'm glad the arrogant Tuchel has been punted but if Potter goes to Chelsea it could turn into a frying pan/fire situation for Gilmour, depending on who takes over at Brighton.

This lad Doak seems to be creating a lot of buzz at Liverpool, he’s progressing at a really quick rate, be interesting to see what happens. You can see why they went for him, he totally fits their attacking system on the right of a 3. 

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Scott Wright starting for rangers tonight. Performing well away to a champions league opponent would be good enough for the national team imo so let’s see how he does. 

According to the BBC site he's lining up as a defensive midfielder. I suspect they've got that one wrong!

19 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

According to the BBC site he's lining up as a defensive midfielder. I suspect they've got that one wrong!

It's 4-2-3-1. Wright is playing wide on the right of the 3.

Personally don't think he'd add much, if anything, to the Scotland squad but that's just me.

45 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's 4-2-3-1. Wright is playing wide on the right of the 3.

Personally don't think he'd add much, if anything, to the Scotland squad but that's just me.

For all the good he's doing! Rangers are getting humped at the moment.

Including subs, I count 8 Scots playing in the Champions League. It'll have been a long time since we could say that. Plus probably a couple more in the Europa league.

Leon King coming on for Rangers is maybe the one to be most excited about, based on his age and potential. There is clearly a lot of faith in him.

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Including subs, I count 8 Scots playing in the Champions League. It'll have been a long time since we could say that. Plus probably a couple more in the Europa league.

Leon King coming on for Rangers is maybe the one to be most excited about, based on his age and potential. There is clearly a lot of faith in him.

King seems to be the 1 positive from a bad night for Rangers.