Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 47 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I do fear, mentioned earlier we have 1 win in around 12 competitive games against British Isles teams...

Is it that bad ? Was the 1 win in 99 at Wembley ?

This I do fear, mentioned earlier we have 1 win in around 12 competitive games against British Isles teams...

I agree with that.

There's no harm in being confident but some folk are getting far too carried away at present. Still remember the 2007 Georgia away game and mates of mine discussing whether we'd put three or four past them ......

Way I see it is that we must be due a win then

Is it that bad ? Was the 1 win in 99 at Wembley ?

Aye. From memory:-

2013 Wales - Lost

2012 Wales - Lost

1999 England - Won

1999 England - Lost

1996 England - Lost

1987 RoI - Lost

1986 RoI - Draw

1985 Wales - Draw

1985 Wales - Lost

1981 N Ireland - Draw

1981 N Ireland - Draw

So it's actually 1 win out of 11, not as bad as I thought ;)

Edited by Toepoke

2013 Wales - Lost

2012 Wales - Lost

1999 England - Won

1999 England - Lost

1996 England - Lost

1987 RoI - Lost

1986 RoI - Draw

1985 Wales - Draw

1985 Wales - Lost

1981 N Ireland - Draw

1981 N Ireland - Draw

What's combined total if add all the friendlies and the Celtic Cup games into it ?

Last beat Republic of Ireland in a friendly in 2000.

We've beaten Northern Ireland a couple of times since 1990 odds but lost to Wales another three times.

2013 Wales - Lost

2012 Wales - Lost

1999 England - Won

1999 England - Lost

1996 England - Lost

1987 RoI - Lost

1986 RoI - Draw

1985 Wales - Draw

1985 Wales - Lost

1981 N Ireland - Draw

1981 N Ireland - Draw

Just before that

1977 Wales - Win

1977 Wales - Win

I think that completes the full list unless you include the Home Internationals in 66 and 67 which was used for 68 qualifying and also in the 50's. for World cup which we actually qualified but refused to go as we did not win group.

What's combined total if add all the friendlies and the Celtic Cup games into it ?

Last beat Republic of Ireland in a friendly in 2000.

We've beaten Northern Ireland a couple of times since 1990 odds but lost to Wales another three times.

We beat Wales 3-1 in the carling cup.

NO IT IS NOT WE ARE NOT BRITISH, WE ARE NOT A PART OF ENGLAND,

England is not Britain, just a part of Britain and a political union along with Scotland and Wales.....so we are not British.

U.K is the above plus northern ireland. ...so we aint the UK either.

But on a purely geographical definition and in no way political ....we are a part of the British Isles

Anyway mate...lets not turn this thread into more political sh#te

And we havent beaten scotland everytime in the last 30 years....they beat us in dublin in 2000 and drew with us in dublin in 1986

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

NO IT IS NOT WE ARE NOT BRITISH, WE ARE NOT A PART OF ENGLAND,

So it's not only some of the Scots who don't understand the difference between the UK and Britain.

Also Scotland isn't part of England either, happy to help.

Edited by 1320lichtie

Anyway mate...lets not turn this thread into more political sh#te

Too late. What a horrendous thread. Think it has gone off on a tangent and covered all subjects.

Edited by Doric

WTF is an 'Glashan ??

A 'McGlashan' is a fictional BBC funded 'comedy' character created by a classicly snobby cringing Edinburgh public schoolboy w@nk. The edinburgh public schoolboy cringer lets call him McEnglick are the real 'characters' in Scotland whereas your McGlashan is mostly a fiction of their wee snobby minds.

Does the BBC take the piss out of the self hating snob cringing public schoolboy pricks but? No it saves all its fire for the odd Scot who dares to be patriotic.

A 'McGlashan' is a fictional BBC funded 'comedy' character created by a classicly snobby cringing Edinburgh public schoolboy w@nk. The edinburgh public schoolboy cringer shower lets call him McEnglick are the real 'characters' in Scotland whereas your McGlashan is mostly a fiction of their wee snobby minds.

Does the BBC take the piss out of the self hating snob cringing public schoolboy people but? No it saves all its fire for the odd Scot who dares to be patriotic.

Pretty sure McGlashan was on Absolutely which was on Channel 4. It had its moments but like a lot of sketch shows it was more miss than hit.

And while I'd be loathed to take this thread off on yet another tangent, there's plenty of comedy on BBC ripping the pash out of public schoolboys. Yes Prime Minister, Little Britain, The Fast Show just off the top of my head - so I have absolutely no idea where you're ire is coming from.