Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 24 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Can 1 of the mods please ban this lunatic, the vote is over mrs we move on. What it has got to do with you is anyones guess but you cant seem to let it go. Do you go onto other teams message boards to wind them up b4 every game or do you onlygo to the big games??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a wee bit simplistic now! Imagine going to support your national team and knowing that some of the people around you had betrayed your country and that your people were now a laughing stock because all the promises that were made to get the majority to vote no to independence had been broken from day 1 :yikes3: I think the 45% of Scots have the right to be angry.

Helen - any chance you could stop with the ridiculous snide comments on the referendum and everything else that you seem to find amusing!!!!!!

This is a Scottish football forum .....grow up!!

Your posts are about as amusing as hammering nails through my feet......in fact they are truly cringeworthy

Can 1 of the mods please ban this lunatic, the vote is over mrs we move on. What it has got to do with you is anyones guess but you cant seem to let it go. Do you go onto other teams message boards to wind them up b4 every game or do you onlygo to the big games??

Im starting to agree with you Andy.

Its embarrassing stuff tbh from her.

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Can't believe what the fai have done. Ye should take a look at this page:http://www.ybig.ie/forum/away-match-ticket-thread-euro-2016-qualifiers_topic43491_page286.htmlit's absolute carnage. There will be hell to pay. Unfortunately for you guys who didn't buy tickets the insurance tickets for the home end will not now be sold.

I am less deserving than others. There is counteless stories of lads who have travelled to support their country for decades one guy has been to every home game since 78, been to euro 88, 90 WC, 94 WC 02 WC, euro 2012 and a regular away traveller gets shafted.

It's simply wrong that the tickets have been distributed to rugby wearing bunny rabbits.

Helen - any chance you could stop with the ridiculous snide comments on the referendum and everything else that you seem to find amusing!!!!!!

This is a Scottish football forum .....grow up!!

Your posts are about as amusing as hammering nails through my feet......in fact they are truly cringeworthy

Im starting to agree with you Andy.

Its embarrassing stuff tbh from her.

Very easily solved - put me on your ignore list - like I will you. Hate people who think they can dictate to others what they can saw and do! Others have made comments about the referendum and no voters (preferring proud Irishmen etc.). The Tartan army is supposed to be all about supporting the Scotland and being proud of Scotland - voting no doesn't fit in there.

Very easily solved - put me on your ignore list - like I will you. Hate people who think they can dictate to others what they can saw and do! Others have made comments about the referendum and no voters (preferring proud Irishmen etc.). The Tartan army is supposed to be all about supporting the Scotland and being proud of Scotland - voting no doesn't fit in there.

Tell me Helen , how long have you lived in Scotland . And how many Scotland games have you been to ?

Jesus christ.....your not scottish........what concern is it of ur whether someone voted NO/YES in their referendum!!!!

Like me, and the other Irish fans on this site .....you are a guest of our scottish friends on this site.....show a bit of courtesy

As you said its about supporting scotland this site .....your political comments dont fit in especially considering you are not from SCOTLAND!!!!

Your mention dictating to others....but yet you come on this site and try insult scottish fans with your nasty comments....the hypocrisy of you

Your sitting behind your keyboard , typing away , thinking your funny but in reality your just coming across a petty childish keyboard warrior

Dont embarrass the Irish fans on here anymore

I have no intentions of getting into a forum argument with you .........but for Gods sake just keep it to the football Please

tks

GTR

Jesus christ.....your not scottish........what concern is it of ur whether someone voted NO/YES in their referendum!!!!

Like me, and the other Irish fans on this site .....you are a guest of our scottish friends on this site.....show a bit of courtesy

As you said its about supporting scotland this site .....your political comments dont fit in especially considering you are not from SCOTLAND!!!!

Your mention dictating to others....but yet you come on this site and try insult scottish fans with your nasty comments....the hypocrisy of you

Your sitting behind your keyboard , typing away , thinking your funny but in reality your just coming across a petty childish keyboard warrior

I have no intentions of getting into a forum argument with you .........but for Gods sake just keep it to the football Please

tks

GTR

My 2p. Helen has been visiting this site since before I joined it in 2005. Have you? If not you are unlikely to have seen the long history of 'banter' between her and her (mostly bluenosed) admirers on here. Personally I have never been able to work out quite what it was she did wrong in their eyes but she has developed her own 'style' for dealing with their attentions, rightly or wrongly...

tks

GTR

An excellent post on a quite remarkable thread.

Well one thing is for sure, there won't be any die hard irish support in the away section after last nights farce with tickets, the fai are a flipping disgrace and I shouldn't be surprised but even this is a new low for them.

You guys are more than welcome in our end anyway. Don't worry about it.

I booked up yesterday for return in Dublin next year. Looking forward to that as well. Even better in June when weather should be ok.

When do tickets go on sale via ticket master for that one? Think there will be scots in your end as well.

Both games will be like a World Cup match. The way it should be.

Bit weird that is started this thread and only replied 38 pages later!

Enjoyed reading it for the most part but Helen is doing her best to morph it into a political thread.

Been interesting reading ybig as well. Some of the Irish talking about marching to the ground. If they do this I reckon it should be a combined March. And we need to avoid bridgeton

Speak for yourself. Nothing against the Irish, but I do have an issue with away fans in amongst us. No matter how 'friendly' things are there's always potential for bother.

Have you been to a World Cup or euros? That's they way it goes. Segregation sometimes creates a them and us. I sat beside the Belgium fans last year and they were fantastic.

Ireland fans are very much like ta. As mentioned previously the only warmers that could cause trouble are the 'scots Irish' that have little to do with the boys in green.

Have you been to a World Cup or euros? That's they way it goes. Segregation sometimes creates a them and us. I sat beside the Belgium fans last year and they were fantastic.

Ireland fans are very much like ta. As mentioned previously the only warmers that could cause trouble are the 'scots Irish' that have little to do with the boys in green.

Your second paragraph nails it and that's why I'd prefer no Irish fans amongst us. I was also right next to the Belgian support and it was indeed good natured but then the game was hardly action-packed. There's an unfortunate but undeniable 'tension' shall we say when either Irish side comes to Glasgow (the very wallopers you refer to are the cause). Let's say Broony wallops McGeady early on? Let's say it's just a feisty game. I'd rather limit the possibility of any trouble in the stands by keeping the Irish support to their own designated place in the ground.

Your second paragraph nails it and that's why I'd prefer no Irish fans amongst us. I was also right next to the Belgian support and it was indeed good natured but then the game was hardly action-packed. There's an unfortunate but undeniable 'tension' shall we say when either Irish side comes to Glasgow (the very wallopers you refer to are the cause). Let's say Broony wallops McGeady early on? Let's say it's just a feisty game. I'd rather limit the possibility of any trouble in the stands by keeping the Irish support to their own designated place in the ground.

I can't see any trouble to be honest. We will be amongst them over there so let's welcome them and enjoy the occasion.

world cup and euros are different as neutral venues in neutral countries (usually, unless the host of course)

outside of the official allocation there are masses of mixed support

at wc 90 we were scattered in amongst brazil fans - mixed pockets all round stadium

bit different to a must win home game ; where we've already lost potential players ; fans ; and now seats.....

i'd like to get back to winning & qualifying , and park all this scarf swapping for another time

My 2p. Helen has been visiting this site since before I joined it in 2005. Have you? If not you are unlikely to have seen the long history of 'banter' between her and her (mostly bluenosed) admirers on here. Personally I have never been able to work out quite what it was she did wrong in their eyes but she has developed her own 'style' for dealing with their attentions, rightly or wrongly...

i believe there may well have been a hidden agenda ; i.e. marketing of fitba trips in itly etc

i can't recall the exact timeline but was around the time of milan away

Thank you - thank you very much. You are completely right. At first I was shocked at the attacks - people who used the services I offered thanking me and those who didn't attacking me. Now I just laugh at the whole thing.

I don't think the no voters comment was aimed at me to start with - some said she would rather have a proud Irishman than a sniffling no voter (or something like that) - I added that we had to understand etc. etc.

I know I am not Scottish but I longed for my Scottish friends to be able to hold their heads up high and hear a piper play in a free, independent Scotland. I am still hurting and all Scots with balls must be hurting even more.

i believe there may well have been a hidden agenda ; i.e. marketing of fitba trips in itly etc

i can't recall the exact timeline but was around the time of milan away

No - no hidden agenda. I had helped Dundee fans in Perugia and one of them was also in the TA - he asked me to help in Milan and introduced me to the board. I ran buses from the centre to the stadium - charges €8 for the return journey. It was Easter and lots of families over - very happy to ensure their transport. The attacks were started by a Hearts supporter who lived in Milan - he said it was easy to get the underground and that I was scaring people into buying bus tickets. I had heard from lots of Celtic fans who had been there just before the TA that they had walked back from the stadium.

As it turned out people were trying to get on our buses at ever traffic light - for whatever reason they had not been able to get the last tram or underground.

No - no hidden agenda. I had helped Dundee fans in Perugia and one of them was also in the TA - he asked me to help in Milan and introduced me to the board. I ran buses from the centre to the stadium - charges €8 for the return journey. It was Easter and lots of families over - very happy to ensure their transport. The attacks were started by a Hearts supporter who lived in Milan - he said it was easy to get the underground and that I was scaring people into buying bus tickets. I had heard from lots of Celtic fans who had been there just before the TA that they had walked back from the stadium.

As it turned out people were trying to get on our buses at ever traffic light - for whatever reason they had not been able to get the last tram or underground.

i thank you for your service to and from the san siro - i was on one of those orange buses from the bar (pretty empty - good sing song)

then yes on return jammed - recall we picked it up on the main street opp stadium

dont recall the sports bar name , as we spent all day drinking at the Gibson duo ? down the road

we showed up at sports bar -mind most folk watching england v n ireland on tv

i was merely suggesting your history on this board was influenced by the commercial ventures over your interest in the beautiful game

Thank you - thank you very much. You are completely right. At first I was shocked at the attacks - people who used the services I offered thanking me and those who didn't attacking me. Now I just laugh at the whole thing.

I don't think the no voters comment was aimed at me to start with - some said she would rather have a proud Irishman than a sniffling no voter (or something like that) - I added that we had to understand etc. etc.

I know I am not Scottish but I longed for my Scottish friends to be able to hold their heads up high and hear a piper play in a free, independent Scotland. I am still hurting and all Scots with balls must be hurting even more.

None of us are perfect Helen and it is oh so easy to rise to the bait...

The best revenge is not to become like them, as someone once said... of course much easier said than done.

Your recently arrived Irish 'pals' are a little shocked... but I suppose this will all be new to them.

Welcome to Scotland.

Hmm, from my recollection your club side had little do with how folk fell out with Helen in the past.

It was more to do with going from a being a brand new member to making loads of posts in multiple threads about her buses. Then when folk pulled her up on it she gave some weird and sometimes divisive responses - the only difference this time round is there's no buses involved.

At the time of the game in Bari there was a "Who the f--k is Helen Donegan?" thread. It takes a special kind of poster to generate that sort of reaction.

With all due respect to Helen I'm looking forward to getting the match in Dublin in June out the way so that the frequency of her posts drop off again.

Hmm, from my recollection your club side had little do with how folk fell out with Helen in the past.

It was more to do with going from a being a brand new member to making loads of posts in multiple threads about her buses. Then when folk pulled her up on it she gave some weird and sometimes divisive responses - the only difference this time round is there's no buses involved.

At the time of the game in Bari there was a "Who the f--k is Helen Donegan?" thread. It takes a special kind of poster to generate that sort of reaction.

With all due respect to Helen I'm looking forward to getting the match in Dublin in June out the way so that the frequency of her posts drop off again.

Indeed.