Denmark v Belgium - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark v Belgium

gkm_vancouver

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

They’re not an elite team as was claimed on here a few months back. When Belgium brought on their half fit star players the game was soon over. 

Belgium are a really good team, Denmark are not.  Neither are Austria. 

Yeh but Denmark are still long way ahead of us. Austria are an average team and we drew 2-2 at home. Denmark spanked them 4 nil away from home. 

Denmark might not be an elite team but we will still be lucky to get anything from our games with them. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Who claimed they were an elite team?

Denmark created half a dozen good chances in the second half and could have been 2 up at HT. 

They might not be an elite team but they are probably a level above us. 

They are a very good team and will take 1st place pretty easily. We are battling for 2nd which I still believe is attainable given our players compared to Austria. Still going to be tough, will probably have to beat Austria in Austria. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh but Denmark are still long way ahead of us. Austria are an average team and we drew 2-2 at home. Denmark spanked them 4 nil away from home. 

Denmark might not be an elite team but we will still be lucky to get anything from our games with them. 

I suppose this is my point. We should be every bit as good as Denmark and we have nothing to fear from them. A lot of people were quaking in their boots at the prospect of playing them. Their players are just the same as ours. 

49 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

They’re not an elite team as was claimed on here a few months back. When Belgium brought on their half fit star players the game was soon over. 

Belgium are a really good team, Denmark are not.  Neither are Austria. 

Neither are we unfortunately but Denmark have a few levels above us 

2 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

could happen, yes. However - and someone please correct me if I’m wrong - if Denmark beat Russia and Belgium beat Finland, it leaves 3 teams on 3 points, so it goes back to goal difference. 

if that does happen, we’d want Belgium to pump Finland and Denmark to pump Russia so their goal difference is terrible.

I think. I’ve been playing golf in the sun and had a pint, so I may be inaccurate.

If three teams tie on 3 points the places are decided by the results between the three of them. Therefore if Denmark beat Russia 2-0 they will be 2nd in the group. 

Russia would be third on account of beating Finland.

Just now, Toepoke said:

If three teams tie on 3 points the places are decided by the results between the three of them. Therefore if Denmark beat Russia 2-0 they will be 2nd in the group. 

Russia would be third on account of beating Finland.

So ideal for us, assuming Belgium beat Finland, is Denmark to batter Russia? Would leave Russia with 3 points but goal difference of minus a lot if we did manage to finish tied in a third-placed spot with them on 3 points.

37 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

So ideal for us, assuming Belgium beat Finland, is Denmark to batter Russia? Would leave Russia with 3 points but goal difference of minus a lot if we did manage to finish tied in a third-placed spot with them on 3 points.

Yep, just said that on the maths thread.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not an empty seat in he stadium.

Questions need to be asked of the Scottish Assembly and the draconian measure placed on the Scottish people.

I don't know what the situation is in Denmark but in Scotland infection rates are sky high because a more transmissible version of the virus is doing the rounds here.  The real question that should be getting asked is why it's here in the first place, but no one seems to be asking it.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I don't know what the situation is in Denmark but in Scotland infection rates are sky high because a more transmissible version of the virus is doing the rounds here.  The real question that should be getting asked is why it's here in the first place, but no one seems to be asking it.

Maybe the real question should be why has the outbreak been so badly handled in Scotland.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Probably because dozens of flights a day were coming to the UK carrying the delta variant from India while other countries fully locked down air travel from there.

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Maybe the real question should be why has the outbreak been so badly handled in Scotland.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Probably because dozens of flights a day were coming to the UK carrying the delta variant from India while other countries fully locked down air travel from there.

Exactly.  And the Scottish government has no jurisdiction over our borders.

17 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Denmark no great shakes. No bed wetting in the World Cup. 

They hammered Israel and Austria though so in very strong position to finish 1st.

No Eriksen you imagine for foreseeable future though will tip the scales a bit so you never know as they do lack creativity without him even though they generally played well yesterday.

Not sure that group will be of more benefit, was more hoping Ukraine wouldn't beat Macedonia as would've left them with just one point from six.

I think hoping they'll be two worse 3rd place teams is clutching at straws somewhat, indeed it's going to be massive uphill task just to finish 3rd now.

Guessing Croatia not getting a win today is the preferred early result?