Season 21/22 - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What's he done?

Going by stats alone, rangers are all over united

Oddly wasnt like that the first half. United's defence covered pretty much everything, and Rangers hadly got a sniff on goal. Whole game stats wise Rangers had 70+ touches in United box, but only 2 shots on target (hit the post and the bar though).

Should have had a first half penatly for hand ball. Embarrasing two of the half time pundits on the telly quoted the old rules. Second half Sakala was pulled back before shooting at the keeper. Both get given with VAR imo. 

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Celtic will be licking their chops, but the reality is that Sevco lost the League when they only took 2 points out of 6 from Stephen Glass' Aberdeen.

Oddly, Abderdeen have looked far and away the third best team in the league, when we have played them. Obviously that doesnt seem to be the issue....

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

Oddly, Abderdeen have looked far and away the third best team in the league, when we have played them. Obviously that doesnt seem to be the issue....

Even allowing for your tongue in cheek remark, its a fair point that needs changing 👍

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Oddly wasnt like that the first half. United's defence covered pretty much everything, and Rangers hadly got a sniff on goal. Whole game stats wise Rangers had 70+ touches in United box, but only 2 shots on target (hit the post and the bar though).

Should have had a first half penatly for hand ball. Embarrasing two of the half time pundits on the telly quoted the old rules. Second half Sakala was pulled back before shooting at the keeper. Both get given with VAR imo. 

I would have given it.

Only thing I can think of is that DU got no advantage (play-wise) from it, and Sevco got no disadvantage (play-wise) from it. It was basically one DU player passing it to another, but it looked like the 'offender' had time to get out of the way.

6 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Oddly, Abderdeen have looked far and away the third best team in the league, when we have played them.

Aberdeen have actually looked the second best team in the League when we've played you.

8 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Obviously that doesnt seem to be the issue....

Well, there's that.

Just now, Redz said:

Even allowing for your tongue in cheek remark, its a fair point that needs changing 👍

Couple of boys in my work chat are season ticket holders, and have coached for years. They know their stuff. They were saying it was bad. Dont really get to see full 90 for Abderdeen games outside of playing the Old Firm game (Sky, obviously), but even 2-1 game against Celtic seemed pretty decent (get that was before Christmas).

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I would have given it.

Only thing I can think of is that DU got no advantage (play-wise) from it, and Sevco got no disadvantage (play-wise) from it. It was basically one DU player passing it to another, but it looked like the 'offender' had time to get out of the way.

The odd thing about it was the amount of time it actually took to reach him. Seemed to take forever....normally its a struggle to even see these things on the replay for me these days, the pace that some of these balls are fizzed in.

Get that the second one is harder to see. looks like both the linesmans and the refs views are blocked.

11 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

VAR...

What annoys me the most is when any 'contact' gets given.

We have full grown professional athletes that have the collapsable legs of a toddler learning to walk with pathetic pundits saying "Lets see if there was 'contact' on the replay" (because everyone knows that any contact of any kind automatically means that the strapping athlete couldn't have stayed on his feet if his life depended on it).

"Oh, a slight tug on the side on his shirt." How on earth could this young, strong, professional athlete ever be expected to stay on his feet?

Penalties should be stonewallers only.

VAR, used properly, could really help referees, but it should also deal with players who 'are looking for it'.

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

VAR, used properly, could really help referees, but it should also deal with players who 'are looking for it'.

This. We might have actually been quite sensible in holding off, and let the other leagues smooth out any issues. Certainly a lot less being given down south this year, than in the first year in was rolled out.

Its coming at some point Just hope they get it right (the 'getting it right' slighly worries me a bit, being Scottish football, n'all)

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Couple of boys in my work chat are season ticket holders, and have coached for years. They know their stuff. They were saying it was bad. Dont really get to see full 90 for Abderdeen games outside of playing the Old Firm game (Sky, obviously), but even 2-1 game against Celtic seemed pretty decent (get that was before Christmas).

A lot of the parts are there.

We just need them put together better.

51 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Apologies for changing the subject, but has Big Ramy been banned from the board? 

He thinks you have to Self isolate when you get a negative result 😜 maybe he’s nae back fae the booooooom shop after taking Wednesdays faulty ones back 🤣🤣🤣 

p.s.

whats the Norwegian for boooooom?