Croatia vs England - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia vs England

Guest Scot1

England started very brightly and probably could have been 1 or even 2 - 0 up by 20 minutes, but Croatia slowly got in to the game and started to dominate the middle.

You could argue a draw was probably the fairer result, or England just nicked it.

I think its an OK result for us. England get an ugly-ish win, their hype goes on.

Looking at their squad, and we'll see, but I honestly think if we go there with the belief (of course depending on tomorrow) of getting a positive result. We should be looking to get at that defence.

Then again,let's see how tomorrow goes.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

By the time we play England, Croatia, us and England could all have 3 points. Wonder how that affects the dynamic?

I think at that stage it all comes down to the  scotland / croatia game. 
If we lose against England we are in the same position as Croatia so i dont think we will be under immense pressure  in that respect , we just need to not concede too much against them. I dont think Croatia will be too unhappy with that result today.

If we nick a draw it will put pressure on Croatia at Hampden as , depending on goal difference, they will need to win or at least get a draw if they have better goal difference than us. I think England will beat Czechs even if England have or havent qualified going into the last game.  It really could come down to goal difference between us and Croatia. 
But tbh I hate getting this far ahead ,  I just fear it is tempting fate.  I think it is so important we get a win tomorrow.  

I suppose England will think: we've just won the hardest game in the group; if we just keep the heid we'll go through. Or they may be tempted to up the ante and see if they can turn it on a bit.

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes. If , and I am in no way thinking it is a given, we can beat Czechs tomorrow,  it really will make the Croatia/ Czech game very interesting. Both teams will need to get something from it. 

I swing wildly from thinking we could top the group or come second with a bit of luck; to going into the Croatia game with both of us on zero points; to us being on 4 points vs Croatia but losing whilst Czech's nick a win at Wembley meaning the whole group finishes on 4 points with our 2 goal defeat at Wembley biting our arse 🤪

I'd have been happy with just a goal before the Netherlands game - now being a hopeful pessimist is an absolute bastard!  

13 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I swing wildly from thinking we could top the group or come second with a bit of luck; to going into the Croatia game with both of us on zero points; to us being on 4 points vs Croatia but losing whilst Czech's nick a win at Wembley meaning the whole group finishes on 4 points with our 2 goal defeat at Wembley biting our arse 🤪

I'd have been happy with just a goal before the Netherlands game - now being a hopeful pessimist is an absolute bastard!  

Ach, we can do it ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Nobby said:

Errr no it isn’t. Not one pundit has picked us to win it and we’ve just won our opening game nothing more than that. It was a deserved win. 
good luck tomorrow 😘

The Beeb went a bit over the top but on the Stoke forum they've been fairly balanced to be fair - I expected the player ratings to be stupid but everyone was 5-6 typically apart from Phillips and most only gave Sterling 7 because he scored but was fairly wasteful otherwise.  

2 hours ago, exile said:

I suppose England will think: we've just won the hardest game in the group; if we just keep the heid we'll go through. Or they may be tempted to up the ante and see if they can turn it on a bit.

Pressures off them a bit now, might make them play better against us.

53 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

This is the first time in the history of the Euros that England have started with a win. It might sound crazy, but I think we all have to consider that it must have something to do with the COVID vaccine.

:lol:  :ph34r: