The news thread - Page 239 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The only problem with that is that as soon as you stand for public office this stain on your character will come out and you'll have to resign before you get a chance to do anything. I'd still vote for you though. 

😂 you and DoonTheSlope would be on the front page of the Sunday Mail with your mean look , showcasing the new SSC app. 
Headline:

THIS TIDY HARVESTER DOESN’T SPEAK FOR US !!!

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Its a step up from her childhood dinners at the West Primary school in Paisley thats for sure, even on days caramel cake and custard were served. 

This sadly doesn’t surprise me in the least.

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Its a step up from her childhood dinners at the West Primary school in Paisley thats for sure, even on days caramel cake and custard were served. 

They used to put the chocolate sponge or caramel shortcake with custard on, on the same day and it took ages to decide what to have as were the best puddings 😋

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye but what about Mathieson's roaming charges...?

15 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

They used to put the chocolate sponge or caramel shortcake with custard on, on the same day and it took ages to decide what to have as were the best puddings 😋

😂 that was murder . A whole week of shit puddings like creamed rice and prunes then 2 of the best on the same day. My second favourite was  jam sponge with coconut sprinkles on top and it regularly came as an alternative to caramel cake. It had to be the caramel cake with the soft caramel directly on top of shortbread and chocolate sprinkles on top. None of this modern stuff with the hard chocolate on top and sickly thick caramel then shortbread base. 

Apologies for spamming the news thread with this stuff. Its a bit of a slow news day ,  no one even seems to have died. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 that was murder . A whole week of shit puddings like creamed rice and prunes then 2 of the best on the same day. My second favourite was  jam sponge with coconut sprinkles on top and it regularly came as an alternative to caramel cake. It had to be the caramel cake with the soft caramel directly on top of shortbread and chocolate sprinkles on top. None of this modern stuff with the hard chocolate on top and sickly thick caramel then shortbread base. 

Apologies for spamming the news thread with this stuff. Its a bit of a slow news day ,  no one even seems to have died. 

Ha I think I spam every thread with my People's Friend level chat 🙃

Sometimes I just press the 'Next Unread Topic' link and you can find yourself up to your neck in some intense Covid discussion from a while back 😬

I've been at 2 kids' parties this weekend and my other half is away to Germany on a stag do so feeling a bit wired. Glad to have a sit down & browse here...

26 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Ha I think I spam every thread with my People's Friend level chat 🙃

Sometimes I just press the 'Next Unread Topic' link and you can find yourself up to your neck in some intense Covid discussion from a while back 😬

I've been at 2 kids' parties this weekend and my other half is away to Germany on a stag do so feeling a bit wired. Glad to have a sit down & browse here...

Urgh , 2 kids parties in one weekend suggests you are definitely not living your best life ( wanky phrase alert !) 

If you are looking to pass time on here from the covid years please check out my ‘Entertainment in Isolation’ thread . You will find lots of interesting posts including 3 pages of Orraloon and myself trying to find snow leopards 🙄

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

If you are looking to pass time on here from the covid years please check out my ‘Entertainment in Isolation’ thread . You will find lots of interesting posts including 3 pages of Orraloon and myself trying to find snow leopards 🙄

I might actually take you up on that! Steer me away from whatever UK high jinx is happening...I can't read the PM's name now without hearing it in Galloway's voice; "little Reeshi Soonack" 😂

And the least shocking news award goes to…

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/mar/11/rishi-sunak-tom-tugendhat-conservatives-richard-tice-labour-keir-starmer-uk-politics-live

Anderson is speaking now.

He claims he does not know some of the long words that other MPs know.

And this has led to his views being labelled controversial, he claims.

He goes on:

But my opinions are not controversial. There are opinions which is shared by millions of people up and down.

It is not controversial, to be concerned about illegal immigration.

‘’And it is not controversial to be concerned about the Metropolitan police and the London mayor failing on hate marches, he says, or wanting to fight back against culture wars.

He says he wants to get his country back.

All I want is my country back. This may sound offensive to the liberal elite, but it’s not offensive to my friends, my family, my constituents and some of my donors.

And he says his parents, who are both nearly 80, said they would not vote for him unless he joined Reform UK. He says he must not let them down.

FFS , upbringing really does maketh the man . 

4 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Kate apparently having an international dabble at photoshop must be peak 2024 already! 

I wonder what gesture Charlotte was making that required the hand to be photoshopped?

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And the least shocking news award goes to…

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/mar/11/rishi-sunak-tom-tugendhat-conservatives-richard-tice-labour-keir-starmer-uk-politics-live

Anderson is speaking now.

He claims he does not know some of the long words that other MPs know.

And this has led to his views being labelled controversial, he claims.

He goes on:

But my opinions are not controversial. There are opinions which is shared by millions of people up and down.

It is not controversial, to be concerned about illegal immigration.

‘’And it is not controversial to be concerned about the Metropolitan police and the London mayor failing on hate marches, he says, or wanting to fight back against culture wars.

He says he wants to get his country back.

All I want is my country back. This may sound offensive to the liberal elite, but it’s not offensive to my friends, my family, my constituents and some of my donors.

And he says his parents, who are both nearly 80, said they would not vote for him unless he joined Reform UK. He says he must not let them down.

FFS , upbringing really does maketh the man . 

We should do a TAMB poll. If you only had a choice of two people to vote for, who would it be, Anderson or Galloway? No abstentions allowed. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder what gesture Charlotte was making that required the hand to be photoshopped?

Probably just a grubby fingernail or bogie needing sanitised. Or "Meghan is a cow" scrawled in biro. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

We should do a TAMB poll. If you only had a choice of two people to vote for, who would it be, Anderson or Galloway? No abstentions allowed. 🤣

🤠

As though Mondays are not challenging enough. And  we mock America for the dilemma of Biden or Trump .  

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

Probably just a grubby fingernail or bogie needing sanitised. Or "Meghan is a cow" scrawled in biro. 

😂

I totally forgot there was a third kid. I didn’t even recognise the name Louis. 

On 2/24/2024 at 8:20 PM, Hertsscot said:

Lee Anderson suspended by the Tories. I wonder if he'll jump ship and join Reform.

Got one right. Law of averages, had to happen some time!!!!

Not really going to help Tories as it will lose them votes. But it's a terrifying insight that someone like him could rise to such a high position in the Tory Party.

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not really going to help Tories as it will lose them votes. But it's a terrifying insight that someone like him could rise to such a high position in the Tory Party.

Anderson is grade A moron. He believes that millions of people think the same way as him and braverman. The reality is its a very vocal minority of people who think like them

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I'd also add, Anderson says things like he wants his country back and islamists are taking over London. 

It's not hyperbole to say this is the type of rabble rousing nonsense that was heard in Germany in the 20s and 30s.