The news thread - Page 236 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I like to think that I keep up with a lot of political stuff and usually have some idea of what is going on. But, I didn't even know that Galloway was standing in this by election. I hadn't seen anything in the main stream media about it, until he had won. OK, it's not a by election that I was following closely, but I would have thought I would have seen it mentioned somewhere along the line. If that had been Farage instead of Galloway he would have been all over the MSM for at least a  fortnight. The state propaganda machine decides who are the goodies, and who are the baddies, that deserve their coverage. I don't have a lot of time for Galloway personally, but I hope he gets the chance to say things in the HoC that a lot of people would like to hear, but most MPs are scared to say.

Indeed. Only plus point is that he will say things nobody else dares.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mariokempes said:

Indeed. Only plus point is that he will say things nobody else dares.

Like this

I don't like Galloway on the basis he supports a United independent Ireland but not scotland. However I'd be happy for him to rip sky news reporters a new one like this.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Like this

I don't like Galloway on the basis he supports a United independent Ireland but not scotland. However I'd be happy for him to rip sky news reporters a new one like this.

Loved that 

Cannae stand the man however, credit where it's due .

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Like this

Aye, I want more of this sort of stuff. Excellent entertainment. 🤣

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Like this

😂😂

’little Rishi Sunak in the fag end of his prime ministership’ . 
And folk on the streets are worried? As Galloway says , the election was this bloody week , everyone had an opportunity to vote , clearly more folk are happy than are worried. 
Idiot reporting. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'd probably vote for him if I lived in his constituency down south. 

As would I. 

In my region its Tory all the way although there will be some tradional tory seats going red, mine won't be one of them

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

Galloway doesn't give a fuck about the Palestinians, he only cares about himself. He should bugger off and never come back, the biggest self serving wanker to populate politics in my lifetime.

It wasn't so long ago that he was coming away with shite like this:

IMG_20240301_164902.thumb.jpg.386a66ab62d72cf2b0bec72d5bbd0a30.jpg

Goodness knows, I'm no fan of Humza's, but bringing his ethnicity into it is unnecessary to say the very least. Real dog whistle stuff from the shapeshifter Galloway, who was obviously playing to a different gallery at that point in time (and ultimately failed miserably).

It's funny hearing Rishi talking about democracy being subverted - he's part of the same WM establishment who were quite happy for Galloway, then an MP for a constituency in Yorkshire, to come up to Scotland a decade ago and propagandise, using the same gutter tactics he always does, in a democratic event in which he was not even entitled to participate.

Galloway is a brilliant orator, attached to a very mixed-up political brain. If your views coincide on a particular issue you can cheer him on, if your views are at odds, he comes across as arrogant,  shouty, petty, vindictive and full of red herrings.

Compelling viewing, though it's the mainstream media (following Sunak, perhaps ill-advisedly) suddenly giving him the airtime. I love that you can see the curly wire into the intervieweer's ear, as if he is the hapless mouthpiece of the scrambled establishment brains behind Sky.

Edited by exile

19 minutes ago, exile said:

Galloway is a brilliant orator, attached to a very mixed-up political brain. If your views coincide on a particular issue you can cheer him on, if your views are at odds, he comes across as arrogant,  shouty, petty, vindictive and full of red herrings.

Compelling viewing, though it's the mainstream media (following Sunak, perhaps ill-advisedly) suddenly giving him the airtime. I love that you can see the curly wire into the intervieweer's ear, as if he is the hapless mouthpiece of the scrambled establishment brains behind Sky.

There is still no getting away from him being a complete charlatan plus a huge enemy of Scotland and it's people 

A cunt if you will

And although the sectarianism is appalling i do find it humerous that they papped him onto the airport luggage carousel

Can just imagine the wee hat going round and round

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2007/jun/11/otherparties.scotland

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is still no getting away from him being a complete charlatan plus a huge enemy of Scotland and it's people 

A cunt if you will

Yes, on matters Scottish he flips from progressive worker underdog to become the gentry-friendly imperialist, right-wing flag-waving 'nationalist' of the British kind, despite tarring his independence-supporting opposition for being the nationalists/fascists. All the while the media lap it up, don't notice the flip, just the punchline.

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Will the bald cunt make an appearance in the House of Commons? Is his superglued allowed in there?

In the interview above, Galloway said he'd be meeting the Speaker on Monday, and also David Davis.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

And although the sectarianism is appalling i do find it humerous that they papped him onto the airport luggage carousel

Can just imagine the wee hat going round and round

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2007/jun/11/otherparties.scotland

🤣🤣🤣

"...bounced in the back by someone's belly" is pretty funny too, to be fair!

The article refers to him as a Catholic but I'm sure he'd converted to Islam by then.

8 hours ago, exile said:

I don’t really know what to make of him half the time but it's almost refreshing to see someone handle an interview like that; exasperated but not flustered. Maybe only Mick Lynch in recent times is another who manages to answer the repetitive questions while exposing how ridiculous they are. 

7 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

I don’t really know what to make of him half the time but it's almost refreshing to see someone handle an interview like that; exasperated but not flustered. Maybe only Mick Lynch in recent times is another who manages to answer the repetitive questions while exposing how ridiculous they are. 

I see what you mean. Though what Mick Lynch and George Galloway have in common here is that they have a relatively small constituency they are having to please or fight for - a union of specific workers in one case, a single geographical area (parliamentary constituency) in the other. A mainstream political party representative (especially a party of government) simply could not tell the media to 'stuff it' like that, much as they may like to. 

1 minute ago, exile said:

I see what you mean. Though what Mick Lynch and George Galloway have in common here is that they have a relatively small constituency they are having to please or fight for - a union of specific workers in one case, a single geographical area (parliamentary constituency) in the other. A mainstream political party representative (especially a party of government) simply could not tell the media to 'stuff it' like that, much as they may like to. 

Ah I suppose so and then the interviewer or whoever can come at them from a lot more angles or topics to show a weakness or force a trip-up. 

Yes, agreed, but on the hop, very unlikely an interviewer could outmanoeuvre them.

sad sad sad days that it it takes Galloway to incite the media to pose probing questions of our elected representatives and also that Galloway stands his ground with good comebacks and insights…….. world is fucked!

I see Galloway is now mouthing off against asylum seekers and refugees. Complaining 'our forces' cannot 'interdict' a single boat. So now back on the side of the Farages and Trumps. Complaining we can't control 'our' borders - while the last time he was up for election in Scotland, he didn't want a Scottish border at all.

Galloway is a political prostitute, he will sway whatever way he thinks will get him votes and another salary. The last time he stood in Scotland, he was pretty happy to be right wing to pick up Rangers types of unionists votes.

The guy has no morals, its all about him him and him.