The news thread - Page 187 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They mentioned the turnout being down on the bulletin I seen this morning.

If you look on the BBC News website you will have a job finding it - they do not go into detail

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Once again the BBC are loathed to mention that turnout in both by-elections was well down

Tamworth went from 64% to 35% and the Labour vote was up by only 800 from 2019

Mid Bedfordshire went from 73% to 44% and the Labour vote was down from 2019

They would rather spout pish about British Labour being unstoppable

Thank you for pointing that out. I had a look this morning and I couldn't find any mention of it at all. I did a rough calculation so guessed the turnout wasn't great but it's nice to have actual figures. Obviously such low turnouts make any future predictions a bit more unpredictable.

15 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I had a look this morning and I couldn't find any mention of it at all. I did a rough calculation so guessed the turnout wasn't great but it's nice to have actual figures. Obviously such low turnouts make any future predictions a bit more unpredictable.

This tweet shows that when comparing the turnout to a poll carried out in the constituency on voting intention, that turnout across the board is down.  It’s not just a case of the Tory vote stayed at home and the Labour vote turned out.   A great deal of traditional Tory voters must have voted Labour.

https://x.com/damiansurvation/status/1715329517575651836?s=61&t=MHJIOYAKuUpVTHulpYS2rQ

17 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Aye - they have only recently started quoting Tories pointing out the low turn out

This is a huge problem being hidden by the state broadcaster - Electorate apathy can lead to all sorts of shit as History shows us

Farage was even joking that he would probably be the new Tory leader by 2026

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Aye - they have only recently started quoting Tories pointing out the low turn out

This is a huge problem being hidden by the state broadcaster - Electorate apathy can lead to all sorts of shit as History shows us

Farage was even joking that he would probably be the new Tory leader by 2026

I'm not sure he is joking.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/251036487552805/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

This horrible specimen is back. There aren't many politicians/government officials out there who I would wish hurt on but she is definitely one of them. Such an evil twisted fucker

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/251036487552805/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

This horrible specimen is back. There aren't many politicians/government officials out there who I would wish hurt on but she is definitely one of them. Such an evil twisted fucker

11 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Bobby Charlton brown bread ☹️

I started a post in football related too as he deserves it

Sad day for football

20-25 Conservative letters of no confidence in Sunak have been sent to Graham Brady after the by-election losses

Need 53 to trigger a leadership election

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Israel take out a mosque in the west bank. Israel says it was a terroris compound 

The desperation of the Americans to draw Iran into all this is deeply concerning. It’s not too dramatic to say that we could be in the prelude of WW3! 🙈

6 hours ago, slasher said:

The desperation of the Americans to draw Iran into all this is deeply concerning. It’s not too dramatic to say that we could be in the prelude of WW3! 🙈

Iran have been in on this from the start, they’ve been pulling Hamas strings & arming them and Hesbolah for years.

8 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Iran have been in on this from the start, they’ve been pulling Hamas strings & arming them and Hesbolah for years.

You mean the way us and the yanks have been agitating in Ukraine for years? Anyway I’m not talking about a proxy war. If bombs start dropping on Tehran that’s going to be a very different look for all of us.

https://news.sky.com/story/hamas-terrorists-were-carrying-instructions-on-how-to-make-chemical-weapons-israeli-president-claims-12990547

They just happened to be carrying instructions to make a chemical weapon

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Shouldn’t really laugh but made me think of the Roadrunner 

IMG_4581.jpeg

Edited by dan cake