Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

Probably being a bit over the top,but despite various assurances from the supporters club that all who are well up the loyalty points system will receive an email with an access code on Monday,i can just picture the scenario of nothing arriving in the in box.Think they should have given a time that the email should have arrived,so it gives you time to contact them before the tickets go on sale the following morning.Maybe im being a bit pesimistic,but the whole thing has been a bit of a drawn out proceedure so far.Can only hope it goes smoothly at the final stage.

10 hours ago, jcluk said:

Would have thought most of those with the foresight and awareness to have entered the ballot two years ago for any games at Hampden would be football fans based here. Don't see why they should miss out on that chance just because Scotland qualified. 

As mentioned by others and as I understand it, the access codes will be dished out in priority order based on SSC points and taking into consideration those who are eligible but already have secured a ticket direct from UEFA. Let's see how it goes. Sure we will find out soon enough. Essentially the only way to guarantee a ticket would have been to secure from UEFA or go to enough Scotland games in recent years to be close to maximum points. Hampden looks like being those who have been to all home games and a couple of away matches in the last few years to start off with. Likely to come down further if those like me who currently have tickets from UEFA and keep them in the ballot AND also sufficient SSC points to qualify to purchase, can't then apply for SSC allocation as it's one per person. 

That is the problem though, in normal circumstances with full attendances at grounds most of us would of had enough points to get tickets. The 75% reduction in attendance means a lot more missing out than normal. I get that UEFA want to make these games as accessible as possible, sell their product if you like, but given the circumstances of the pandemic I think they could of helped alleviate the reduction in national team's attendance. Guess at the end of the day money is money, UEFA don't care who pays, and yes it does make me sound bitter about it!! 🤣

6 hours ago, niallb said:

Think I’m just bitter - but can’t get my head round the numbers. If the allocations are meant to be percentage based and the capacities are nearly double at Wembley then Hampden  (22500 vs 12000)...... then we have either done very well getting 1900 at home or done very badly getting 2600 “away”??

The host country get additional tickets. Looks like SSC members will get around 15% of tickets for Hampden and 12% for Wembley. I’ve worked that out in my head so might not be too accurate. 

2 hours ago, bossman4 said:

The mainstream media line on it is very very negative. When you actually read right into it, and read the right people are saying. Yes its a worry but needs to be watched more than this mass panic. 

Sounds like the government are being over cautious. There are 64 people in hospital with Covid and 3 people in intensive care. There are probably more people in hospital with septic haemorrhoids. 

They are hopeful that Glasgow can move to level 2 a week later than the rest of Scotland though so they can’t be that worried. Yet anyway. 

9 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

That is the problem though, in normal circumstances with full attendances at grounds most of us would of had enough points to get tickets. The 75% reduction in attendance means a lot more missing out than normal. I get that UEFA want to make these games as accessible as possible, sell their product if you like, but given the circumstances of the pandemic I think they could of helped alleviate the reduction in national team's attendance. Guess at the end of the day money is money, UEFA don't care who pays, and yes it does make me sound bitter about it!! 🤣

This is my thought entirely. But like you say it’s UEFA running the show not the SSC.

FWIW (ie nothing) all tickets should have been cancelled and allocated purely through the supporters club. 

Just got to hope enough people baulk at £180 tickets to sit on their own while their mates are at the pub.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Sounds like the government are being over cautious.

Not when you look at the graph. Cases are going up. The recent mass protest in the affected area, plus the post match scenes predicted for the Rangers game today would suggest that will continue. I’ve got serious doubts about having any fans in for our Euro games. I guess they could be moved to Murrayfield  or England if we want fans there. 

6 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Not when you look at the graph. Cases are going up. The recent mass protest in the affected area, plus the post match scenes predicted for the Rangers game today would suggest that will continue. I’ve got serious doubts about having any fans in for our Euro games. I guess they could be moved to Murrayfield  or England if we want fans there. 

Given the squad are based in Middlesbrough and I think one if not both Czechs and Croatia are based in Glasgow or Edinburgh then St James Park would be a decent option for an English venue, little bigger than Hampden in terms of capacity and plenty of transport links.  Never going to happen though 

Think Croatia are staying in St Andrews.

If UEFA are going to shift they will need to do it very quickly this week and they probably will I think without any hesitation. Newcastle would make sense as similar capacity so the 12,000 deosn’t change. 

UEFA made a quick decision yesterday on the back of the Champions League final being moved. Belfast looks like loosing the UEFA super cup which is now being moved to Turkey. IFA were closing Windsor Park after this weekend to do work for it, moved the Irish Cup final and all for nothing. 

Basically UEFA wont think twice about shifiting it.

Edited by bossman4

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Sounds like the government are being over cautious. There are 64 people in hospital with Covid and 3 people in intensive care. There are probably more people in hospital with septic haemorrhoids. 

They are hopeful that Glasgow can move to level 2 a week later than the rest of Scotland though so they can’t be that worried. Yet anyway. 

Septic haemorrhoids don’t spread exponentially though. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Cases going up means very little unless its matched with ICU and deaths going up.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Calm down man. Graphs can’t hurt you. 

Cases might be rising in the south side of Glasgow but the vulnerable have been fully vaccinated and hospitalisations and deaths are still very low. 

If the Indian variant is as bad as some people fear then the lifting of restrictions elsewhere in the country is likely going to lead to a spike in cases everywhere. 

It would not be possible to move our games to Murrayfield but if it isn’t possible to have fans at Hampden it will be unlikely that there will be fans at Wembley either. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cases going up means very little unless its matched with ICU and deaths going up.

Yes and no.

Yes as most of us now won’t die or even get sick thanks to vaccines and continued social distancing.

No, in that this Indian variant passed through enough people could mutate into a vaccine resistant strain (the doomsday scenario).

J

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Septic haemorrhoids don’t spread exponentially though. 

Very true but the main reason for restrictions is to stop the NHS being overwhelmed which it isn’t being at the moment (including in Glasgow). 

We’ll obviously need to see how things progress over the next couple of weeks but if hospitalisations and/or deaths don’t increase significantly then I’m sure we’ll move to level 2 and there will be fans at Hampden as planned.

If things get that bad again then they will likely get worse in the rest of the UK as well. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Calm down man. Graphs can’t hurt you. 

Cases might be rising in the south side of Glasgow but the vulnerable have been fully vaccinated and hospitalisations and deaths are still very low. 

If the Indian variant is as bad as some people fear then the lifting of restrictions elsewhere in the country is likely going to lead to a spike in cases everywhere. 

It would not be possible to move our games to Murrayfield but if it isn’t possible to have fans at Hampden it will be unlikely that there will be fans at Wembley either. 

Not so. Glasgow is tier 3. Fans will be allowed in tier 2. It needs to come down. There are now no fans going to the Scottish cup final. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

3 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Given the squad are based in Middlesbrough and I think one if not both Czechs and Croatia are based in Glasgow or Edinburgh then St James Park would be a decent option for an English venue, little bigger than Hampden in terms of capacity and plenty of transport links.  Never going to happen though 

UEFA are highly unlikely to move any games to cities/stadia that did not win their bids to host (or weren’t put forward at all). 

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Not so. Glasgow is tier 3. Fans will be allowed in tier 2. It needs to com

e down. There are now no fans going to the Scottish cup final. 

Yes, Glasgow is tier 3 at the moment. It hasn’t been moved to tier 4 or anything and is likely to move to tier 2 a week after the rest of the country (except Moray) depending on what happens.

Glasgow is not unique. If the virus spreads wildly again in Glasgow over the next couple of weeks it’s likely to happen elsewhere as well. Possibly more so because of pubs etc. being open in the rest of the country. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Yes, Glasgow is tier 3 at the moment. It hasn’t been moved to tier 4 or anything and is likely to move to tier 2 a week after the rest of the country (except Moray) depending on what happens.

Glasgow is not unique. If the virus spreads wildly again in Glasgow over the next couple of weeks it’s likely to happen elsewhere as well. Possibly more so because of pubs etc. being open in the rest of the country. 

This brings as back to the graph which is on the exponential phase in an upwards direction. Unless it comes down we’ll stay at tier 3. It takes about 10 -14 days from infection to test negative again so there will be quite a lag for infection numbers to go down even if there are no further infections from this point onwards. 

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

This brings as back to the graph which is on the exponential phase in an upwards direction. Unless it comes down we’ll stay at tier 3. It takes about 10 -14 days from infection to test negative again so there will be quite a lag for infection numbers to go down even if there are no further infections from this point onwards. 

Now that Ramadan/Eid is finished you’ll probably see the graph levelling off. 

Not that I think this was the only reason for the spike and I’m certainly not blaming the Muslim community but it looks to have been a contributing factor to the spread of the virus in the south side. 

As long as the people of Glasgow follow the rules in the main over the next couple of weeks then I’m sure we’ll move to level 2 and there will be fans at Hampden. 

Like i say though if things do get worse here then this is likely to be replicated across the UK. The English are very concerned about the Indian variant as well. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Now that Ramadan/Eid is finished you’ll probably see the graph levelling off. 

Not that I think this was the only reason for the spike and I’m certainly not blaming the Muslim community but it looks to have been a contributing factor to the spread of the virus in the south side. 

As long as the people of Glasgow follow the rules in the main over the next couple of weeks then I’m sure we’ll move to level 2 and there will be fans at Hampden. 

Like i say though if things do get worse here then this is likely to be replicated across the UK. The English are very concerned about the Indian variant as well. 

Yes, it could well be a UK wide problem soon. I expect things to get worse in Glasgow for the next 2 weeks and then start to go down. It will be tight regarding tier 2/3 because of the lag. 

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

UEFA are highly unlikely to move any games to cities/stadia that did not win their bids to host (or weren’t put forward at all). 

They did with Sevilla when Bilbao couldn’t host.

16 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Yes, it could well be a UK wide problem soon. I expect things to get worse in Glasgow for the next 2 weeks and then start to go down. It will be tight regarding tier 2/3 because of the lag. 

Thats what makes me wonder will UEFA get nervous and say bugger we’re not taking the chance. I really hope they dont but with UEFA they wont give a f*ck.