Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

12 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

You seem like a nice laid back fellow

Everything I post on this thread and this forum is true. 

The 3 matches at Hampden “sold out” the UEFA allocation the the first time. Non paid for tickets were released for all 3 matches and games 1 and 3 then “sold out” for the second time.

I'm totally laid back. You're claiming to "know" things that no one else knows and contradict other known things. 

How do you "know" 27,000 were sold? 

How do you "know" the matches sold out? 

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

And they didn't last long. Sold out.

looking at the way the Hungary tickets were sold,it just seemed like a first come first served basis.Don't know if they have a supporters club with a points table system going on .

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

looking at the way the Hungary tickets were sold,it just seemed like a first come first served basis.Don't know if they have a supporters club with a points table system going on .

I clicked on buy tickets out of interest & was placed in a 4 minute queue, when I got in it then said I was not a fan of Hungary so I would have to change my profile to proceed.

THE Tartan Army will be banned from celebrating together at the Euros - after UEFA ruled fans must sit alone with a four seat gap to the next person.

The measures will apply to our group matches at Hampden against the Czech Republic and Croatia, as well as the clash with England at Wembley.

Scotland supporters bosses were told at a summit with tourney chiefs that even families from the same household won’t be able to sit next to each other.

The meeting last week heard that the stadium will have 25 per cent capacity meaning 3600 Scots will be allowed in.

The Association of Tartan Army Clubs said in an update: “We asked if bubble/same household seating would likely offer the opportunity of a small increase in our allocation.

“However it appears a directive from UEFA states that ALL seats will be socially distanced, and have 3 or 4 between them, irrespective of who you order with.

“The current English roadmap suggests that they may move from 25% to 50% capacity between their 2nd and 3rd group games.

“Current plans are that all their group matches will be at 25%. Any move to 50% would be based on test event data.

“This will be important to us for when we play our semi final and final at Wembley!!!”

The meeting was attended by ATAC Chair Martin Riddell and Vice Chair Graeme Baxter.

They discussed plans with representatives from the Met Police, English FA, Police Scotland, London Mayor’s office, British Transport Police and supporters groups from our opponents England, Czech Republic and Croatia.

Supporters also won’t be allowed to have a bevy on the underground to the match - and trains to London are set to be booze free.

The ATAC said: “No drinking alcohol is permitted on the underground.

“Dry trains may be implemented in the day running up to the match, although a decision has not yet been made. Alcohol is currently not allowed on trains due to Covid restrictions.”

And it’s bad news for fans wanting to descend on the traditional pre-match party HQ at Trafalgar Square.

The fans group said: “The Trafalgar Square fan zone mentioned last month will be in operation for all matches at Wembley and all England fixtures.

“No decision yet on the capacity but as stated last month, this is for watching matches rather than a pre-match party. It will be ticketed.

“We asked for alternative suggestions for Scotland fans to gather at but there are currently no plans for this."

Last night Iain Emerson, editor of the Famous Tartan Army Magazine said: “It seems very strange that fans from the same bubble cant sit next to each other.

“The snooker final on Sunday had fans all next to each other and that was indoors. And the FA Cup final had fans together. And there was 3000 people for an indoor rave in Liverpool.

“As far as I know there haven’t been any issues since these vents. If fans have to show a negative test result then I think that’s fair enough, but it should mean they can sit next to their family and friends.

“When, not if, Scotland score I can’t see fans not grabbing the person closest to them. I’ve never been to a match and not cuddled anyone.”

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Someone suggesting on Facebook that lack of announcement on tickets is due to the attendance potentially being upped. 

Here was me believing you dealt in only cold hard facts. 

I do however hope this is true and it certainly should be the case given the numbers of this virus.

2 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Here was me believing you dealt in only cold hard facts. 

No. I question the veracity of things. Like any thinking person should do. Hence why I asked "how do you know this?" about several things, after you claimed them as facts. 

There is a meeting taking place with the "Glasgow Euro Team" today, but nothing on increased attendances, just what will be expected on match days and match day atmosphere.

If there is a increase in tickets, then great, but for the moment not holding my breath.

Edited by wanderer

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Someone suggesting on Facebook that lack of announcement on tickets is due to the attendance potentially being upped. 

Might just be a rumour but I see no reason why this shouldn't be the case. Things are moving far quicker than expected regards covid.

14 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I clicked on buy tickets out of interest & was placed in a 4 minute queue, when I got in it then said I was not a fan of Hungary so I would have to change my profile to proceed.

I take  it when your profile says you are a fan of Scotland,it will tie in with your supporters club number,which will start selling the tickets in order to the fans with the highest points.

I’ve been registered on the UEFA page for 2/3 years. Tried to register the laddie just now (he’s 9) but you need to be over 16. No sure how that’ll work with the SSC code as he’ll not have a UEFA account 🤨

Edited by McTeeko

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

I take  it when your profile says you are a fan of Scotland,it will tie in with your supporters club number,which will start selling the tickets in order to the fans with the highest points.

Yes you have to add your ssc number, passport number & select Scotland when you create an account.

53 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’ve been registered on the UEFA page for 2/3 years. Tried to register the laddie just now (he’s 9) but you need to be over 16. No sure how that’ll work with the SSC code as he’ll not have a UEFA account 🤨

I emailed uefa about this ages ago, my son is 15......still waiting for a reply. 

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Yes you have to add your ssc number, passport number & select Scotland when you create an account.

My ssc number and following Scotland are registered.Where do you register your passport number/Don't see anywhere to put that.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

My ssc number and following Scotland are registered.Where do you register your passport number/Don't see anywhere to put that.

There were 2 parts to complete and IIRC the passport bit was in the 2nd part.

The 2nd part being in the email UEFA sent you.