The Great Outdoors... - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

7 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Where did you shoot that from?   Is it from near Ardrossan where the munitions used to be made.   (Could be mixed up, but mind dunes were involved somewhere.)

Great picture anyway.

You've also reminded me of a game we used to play here, on (or based on) an internet game.   Might have been called where in the world?   You got a random pic, and had to guess/work out where it was on a world map and see how close you got???

Irvine beach park looking over Western Gailes golf course . ICI was in Stevenston 👍

15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Irvine beach park looking over Western Gailes golf course . ICI was in Stevenston 👍

Cheers, I could walk down the road here and photo the Bishopton munitions works, but it's a housing development now.   If they grow their veggies in their gardens the won't need to buy bananas for their daily dose of potassium.

Edited by Grim Jim
Feck, that should I think, be phosphorous and meat/nuts, but bananas are funnier.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2024 at 11:21 AM, McTeeko said:

Couple of days spent in and around Dunkeld. This was from Pine Cone Point near The Hermitage 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

IMG_4662.jpeg

Brilliant, love that area of Scotland so underrated 

On 2/18/2024 at 10:08 PM, Kirk said:

Brilliant, love that area of Scotland so underrated 

Was back again today, walking from Killiecrankie to Pitlochry and back, 11.5 miles through the gorge. Cracking area! Weather was magic too. 

On 2/23/2024 at 6:05 AM, McTeeko said:

A wee tour to Skye yesterday, just about every weather known to man hit us! Cracking day though! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

IMG_4852.jpeg

IMG_4835.jpeg

My favorite place on earth !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Laddie’s game was off today, so took a drive through to the Hampden Museum then a walk around Cathkin Park. 
Cannae wait for the Euros…….89 days to go……….🙌🏼🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

IMG_5601.jpeg

19 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Laddie’s game was off today, so took a drive through to the Hampden Museum then a walk around Cathkin Park. 

IMG_5601.jpeg

Thanks to the passing hedgehog for taking the photo 🙂

23 hours ago, McTeeko said:

IMG_5601.jpeg

Get the picture of the wean in his new jersey up. 

3 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Thanks to the passing hedgehog for taking the photo 🙂

😂

On 3/18/2024 at 5:02 PM, TDYER63 said:

Get the picture of the wean in his new jersey up. 

😂

What’s a ‘wean’?

The wee man/bairn/laddie you mean? 😆

IMG_5602.jpeg

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

What’s a ‘wean’?

The wee man/bairn/laddie you mean? 😆

IMG_5602.jpeg

Great picture. I'm experiencing similar, another 'wee man' taking a massive sprout and filling out. At current rate of growth he'll be taller than me by the end of the year. Has a wee tash on the go as well 😂. Will see if he'll let me post a pic. 

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Great picture. I'm experiencing similar, another 'wee man' taking a massive sprout and filling out. At current rate of growth he'll be taller than me by the end of the year. Has a wee tash on the go as well 😂. Will see if he'll let me post a pic. 

Soon be on the pints on Killie away days!

Over in Arran for a couple of days, first time I’ve ever been here. Cracking wee island! Got up early this morning and headed up Goat Fell for the “fantastic views over to Northern Ireland” - aye right! Couldnae see a fuckin’ thing! 🫣

Still a cracking hike though! Up and down in less than four hours.

IMG_6014.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

20 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Over in Arran for a couple of days, first time I’ve ever been here. Cracking wee island! Got up early this morning and headed up Goat Fell for the “fantastic views over to Northern Ireland” - aye right! Couldnae see a fuckin’ thing! 🫣

IMG_6014.jpeg

Brilliant !!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

23 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

IMG_6014.jpeg

Bet you could still hear them bloody singing …

My brother is there just now. Doubt he is up a mountain right enough.

You'll have to go back some sunny day.   Views are great.

Last Munro I did was Ben Hope.   Expected cracking views, but it had a cloud on top that refused to disperse.   A long way back there.

30 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

You'll have to go back some sunny day.   Views are great.

Last Munro I did was Ben Hope.   Expected cracking views, but it had a cloud on top that refused to disperse.   A long way back there.

Yup. The images I looked at last night looked cracking. Didn’t think I’d get them this morning, and was proved right. Still good though!

Still no done a Munro - close today mind you (2867ft). Next time…….🤞🏼

Edited by McTeeko

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Yup. The images I looked at last night looked cracking. Didn’t think I’d get them this morning, and was proved right. Still good though!

Still no done a Munro - close today mind you (2867ft). Next time…….🤞🏼

I love Arran, go over every year. 

Done Goatfell numerous times, last time was last summer. If it's clear, the views are unbelievable. 

Arran is a very underrated part of Scotland.