Best goal live you have seen - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best goal live you have seen

Seen a lot of crackers following hibs and Scotland but one that sticks in my mind but I can’t find any footage of it , Stephen glass vs Aberdeen 2004/5 season . Ball is crossed in and cleared to the edge of the box and glass with his back to goal swivelled and picked it out the air on the volley and sent it top corner 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:58 PM, Fairbairn said:

So the best goal you seen wasn’t a goal?! :lol:

Not only that, that Sturrock disallowed "goal" was in a different match. It was in a League Cup final when Ian Redford scored the winner. 

I was standing right in line with it. 

Edited by Orraloon

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not only that, that Sturrock disallowed "goal" was in a different match. It was in a League Cup final when Ian Redford scored the winner. 

I was standing right in line with it. 

Just watched the highlights and you are right.  I must be losing it in old age it was the League Cup.  I would have bet my mortgage on it that it was the Scottish.  I was on the half way line that day..  Some winner from Ian Redford and usual free kick from Cooper.

51 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I feel quite privileged to have been at Faddy in Paris, Cooper v Aberdeen at Hampden & Kenny v Spain at Hampden.

Not to forget Griffiths & his 2 free kicks v England. 

Davie Cooper in League Cup Final v Dons is still the best free kick for me.  No bending it like Beckam with Cooper.  Straight in like a bullet.

Saw a lot of good goals following United in 80’s and for mazy runs, both from inside own half, I would go for Bannon against Mienchengladbach  and Milne v Killie as equally top notch. Milne probably shades it because pitch was rock hard with frost. Ian Ferguson against Hearts from 40 yards was also special. Faddy’s goal in Paris on my birthday also memorable

I saw the Paris and Kenny-Spain goals, but does the former count when I didn't see the strike; just the ball in the net?   And I didn't realise that for the longest second.

Kenny's was a long way a away and we were low down, so was just a goal.   We were about-on-par with Spain then so no big drama in beating them, pfft 😑.

I probably enjoyed Faddy's Ukraine goal best.   What a day.

9 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I saw the Paris and Kenny-Spain goals, but does the former count when I didn't see the strike; just the ball in the net?   And I didn't realise that for the longest second.

Kenny's was a long way a away and we were low down, so was just a goal.   We were about-on-par with Spain then so no big drama in beating them, pfft 😑.

I probably enjoyed Faddy's Ukraine goal best.   What a day.

I was talking about Dalglish goal against Spain at Hampden when we won 3-1.  Cant remember the game you mention being 2-0 down Jim.

5 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Without a shadow of doubt Kenny Dalglish - Scotland v Spain at a packed Hampden park 1984 (world cup qualifier) 

Also over the years seen some amazing goals at both Shawfield & Broadwood but unfortunately no TV footage to confirm :lol: 

He had a similar strike in Brussels in 82.

Me. It would have been around 94-95. I was playing in a Ottawa Cup match. Goal kick, we were defending, I was left mid. I caught it when it came down, lovely skill, took 2 steps and leathered it from about 40 yards. Top corner, I kid yae no. I am well known in Ottawa for my free kicks, and long range efforts, but this was a cannon.. I'll never forget it. After the match the keeper even said he never saw it comin. True story...