Team For Warsaw - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Warsaw

Shaun

Maloney played well, Fletcher didn't, he should have been hooked around the 65/70min point as the momentum dropped. Would much rather have seen another striker come in and change things a bit. I can't see Strachan changing much v Poland.

Fletcher played a lot better than Naismith yesterday. Maloney was pretty ineffective from open play and especially from set pieces. We must've watched a different game!

:lol: was just about to say the same thing...

Fletcher played a lot better than Naismith yesterday. Maloney was pretty ineffective from open play and especially from set pieces. We must've watched a different game!

Totally agree Naismith was nothing short of woeful yesterday. I'm a big fan of his but by god he was pish. Flech did enough to keep his place as naisy's expense.

I also agree Fletcher was good and should be our main striker. He did not get anything to attack in the air but on the deck was class - Two beautiful back-heels and disguised reverse pass in the box. Naismith was energetic but far too wasteful and Snodgrass should retain "in the hole" position once fit.

S. Fletcher and Naismith need an improved understanding if they're going to play together in future. They both saw a lot of the ball, made some decent runs off it, but rarely found each other.

Anya and Robertson also need an improved understanding. I'm a big fan of both players and I think they both played well individually but going forward, particularly in the second half, they didn't seem to know how to work together.

Maloney's dribbling was good but his set pieces were poor.

I thought Morrison was poor and that we have a number of options on the bench with more to offer.

Will be interested to see what Strachan does on Tuesday.

Morrison is an attacking midfielder so him with Brown did not work too well as defensive 2. Need someone more defensive with Brown and Morrison can play further up. I've not see enough of Darren Fletcher to know if match fit.