Season 20/21 - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Deliberately attempting to elbow a human being in the head is sick, an act that if caught in the wrong place, could kill someone, or severely paralyse them, but that doesnt seem to matter to you because it was Celtic, so it doesnt count. Duffy could’ve broke Edmundsons neck yesterday by battering him into the advertising boards, but again, you won’t condemn it. 

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. 

It’s the Celtic way and you’re the king of it  

Whit??????? So should Brown be charged with attempted murder now??? I am in the water business, should I ever visit Aberdeen, I will surely ask the council what in the name of fuck they are treating the water system with...

40 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit??????? So should Brown be charged with attempted murder now??? I am in the water business, should I ever visit Aberdeen, I will surely ask the council what in the name of fuck they are treating the water system with...

And you and DD can have a nicht oot in Union Street (might meet some of the Dons players!) and reminisce on the old banter :beer2:.  Stand on.

37 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nobody should wish physical harm to any player.👍

Do you think Brown should be punished for the elbow incident?

Do you think Mcgregor should have been sent off either with a straight red or a second yellow for stopping a goal scoring chance?

Do you think Duffy should be punished for his reckless shove on Edmondson? If Cosgrove has done that I reckon you would be screaming for action against him.

I look forward to your reply.

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Do you think Mcgregor should have been sent off either with a straight red or a second yellow for stopping a goal scoring chance?

Do you think Duffy should be punished for his reckless shove on Edmondson? If Cosgrove has done that I reckon you would be screaming for action against him.

Cant disagree with any of that.

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Absolutely. I have only seen the Brown incident on replay, and yes, he should be punished, no need for that. As far as Duffy, he is a fuckin carthorse and should also be held accountable. McGregor?? You got your penalty, a red would be a bit harsh. You deserved 3/points, we deserved fuck all. Folk think I have this Celtic agenda. I don't, if we are guilty of an offence, then we should be punished, Champions or not. It has to be consistent through the entire league. Nobody should have and favors from the SPFL, its disgraceful.. 

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

This is how you tackle the Dons way,  Taking thuggery to a new level.  Cant remember Scott Brown doing this 👉

See the source image

A photo that normally causes uproar on here, you may remember that the tackle pretty much ended a career in Scotland for one of those players, and it wasn’t the victim of it. 

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Absolutely. I have only seen the Brown incident on replay, and yes, he should be punished, no need for that. As far as Duffy, he is a fuckin carthorse and should also be held accountable. McGregor?? You got your penalty, a red would be a bit harsh. You deserved 3/points, we deserved fuck all. Folk think I have this Celtic agenda. I don't, if we are guilty of an offence, then we should be punished, Champions or not. It has to be consistent through the entire league. Nobody should have and favors from the SPFL, its disgraceful.. 

See, that wasn’t so hard now, was it. 3 games for Brown, 3 for Duffy and a retrospective 2nd yellow for McGregor should just about cover it all 👍🏽

54 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

One Celtic fan on Facebook said to me on all of those incidents “that’s football” and then went on a rant about Stockley elbowing Tierney at hampden. Couldn’t make it up 😂😂

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

One Celtic fan on Facebook said to me on all of those incidents “that’s football” and then went on a rant about Stockley elbowing Tierney at hampden. Couldn’t make it up 😂😂

I can top that easily.

I once read this space cadet Celtic fan on twitter saying Shaun Maloney was "a disgrace to his heritage" for a) playing for "a team (Scotland) full of huns and supported by huns" and b) daring to score a goal against Ireland.

:rollsmile::rollsmile:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

A photo that normally causes uproar on here, you may remember that the tackle pretty much ended a career in Scotland for one of those players, and it wasn’t the victim of it. 

My point is that every fan could point to 'thugs' in their opponents team.  By wanting a players leg to be broken it makes you just as much a thug.  I have no sympathy for Simpson and every bit for Durrant.  He might have played on (after a year) but was never the same player.  I got the same injury at 19 and know the feeling.  I could only play at junior level after that but could have went a wee bit further.  But once you get an injury like that there is always a weakness.  Surely you can agree with that?  Like it or not a football team needs a balance and a 'hard' leader.  Scott Brown is a dirty bugger, we all know that.  But never seen him attempting a tackle like Simpsons.  For the sake of balance Souness was a thug as well.  But he could also play.  Retract your statement about breaking Browns legs and you will get appreciation that you were pished when you said it and Ramy will be happy.  We will all be happy :beer2:

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

My point is that every fan could point to 'thugs' in their opponents team.  By wanting a players leg to be broken it makes you just as much a thug.  I have no sympathy for Simpson and every bit for Durrant.  He might have played on (after a year) but was never the same player.  I got the same injury at 19 and know the feeling.  I could only play at junior level after that but could have went a wee bit further.  But once you get an injury like that there is always a weakness.  Surely you can agree with that?  Like it or not a football team needs a balance and a 'hard' leader.  Scott Brown is a dirty bugger, we all know that.  But never seen him attempting a tackle like Simpsons.  For the sake of balance Souness was a thug as well.  But he could also play.  Retract your statement about breaking Browns legs and you will get appreciation that you were pished when you said it and Ramy will be happy.  We will all be happy :beer2:

Aye, sure you did .....

48 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks ramy, great reply & I would say the same if an Aberdeen player committed anything similar. Do think Mcgregor should have been sent off tho. 👍👏

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye, sure you did .....

Budaukas (Partick Thistle goalie) Benny Brazil Player coach and ex hibs)  and me (Dow).  Best mate Dickie Gibb who played for East Fife for 10 years and got a testimonial.  Think that was against Shettleston Juniors in Scottish but might be wrong.  I will PM you with my passport details for proof kid.  But tried that with Ormond as to who I am and he went away crying without an apology on here.

37963651_1776858139017916_603972096598474752_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YT6bFdka1QUAX-XF9Oq&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b344c4723b6ba7965f3e067e1f1fbdc9&oe=5FBCA747

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Budaukas (Partick Thistle goalie) Benny Brazil Player coach and ex hibs)  and me (Dow).  Best mate Dickie Gibb who played for East Fife for 10 years and got a testimonial.  Think that was against Shettleston Juniors in Scottish but might be wrong.  I will PM you with my passport details for proof kid.  But tried that with Ormond as to who I am and he went away crying without an apology on here.

37963651_1776858139017916_603972096598474752_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YT6bFdka1QUAX-XF9Oq&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b344c4723b6ba7965f3e067e1f1fbdc9&oe=5FBCA747

Just to add.  I had to retire at 32 because of my knee but got asked to go up and help a young side Blackburn United.  I played a few games for them but was getting a game and couldnt train as I was in pain.  Only reason I mention this as this is my pal Graemes side who he supports week in week out.  AKA Reeky McSporran.  Stand on.

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So what ?

I'm distantly related to Jimmy Bowie and David Hay. Does that make me an expert in anything ? Fuck no.

And I'd rather you didn't PM me any personal shite. It's too much like grooming.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

57 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

See, that wasn’t so hard now, was it. 3 games for Brown, 3 for Duffy and a retrospective 2nd yellow for McGregor should just about cover it all 👍🏽

Whit???????? Are you for real? Do not try and deflect your earlier statement. The SPFL have done their job, I have no issue with it. You wanted a former Scotland Captain to have both his legs broken.. Disgraceful....

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit???????? Are you for real? Do not try and deflect your earlier statement. The SPFL have done their job, I have no issue with it. You wanted a former Scotland Captain to have both his legs broken.. Disgraceful....

He won't apologise Ramy for saying that childish thing.  So don't waste your fingers.  Except one maybe.  Anybody that says that about a football player even if he wasn't a football captain for Scotland isn't worth bothering about.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I wasn’t pished, Brown is a cowardly, thuggish cunt.

30 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What exactly have I tried to deflect, I would love to know that, or am I still that far inside your head that you’re making things up again?

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing, it’s the Celtic way  

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What exactly have I tried to deflect, I would love to know that, or am I still that far inside your head that you’re making things up again?

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Offended by everything, won nothing, its the Aberdeen way...

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Ah, so Brown is like Neil Simpson then is that what you are saying?  I think you are better to aplogise and cut your losses kid.  Bottom line is you hate Brown.  A lot of opposition fans do as is normal with football fans.  But to wish someone to have their legs broken?  Are you related to Neil Simpson per chance?

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ah, so Brown is like Neil Simpson then is that what you are saying?  I think you are better to aplogise and cut your losses kid.  Bottom line is you hate Brown.  A lot of opposition fans do as is normal with football fans.  But to wish someone to have their legs broken?  Are you related to Neil Simpson per chance?

Who said brown is like Simpson?