Season 20/21 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, dandydunn said:

Who said brown is like Simpson?

Nobody it was just a question I put to you.  I have said that Brown has never made a tackle like Simpson and in my football opinion Simpson is a thug of the highest degree.  Brown comes nowhere near him.  Again, in my football opinion.  You can disagree though as I am sure you will.  Ramy has admitted that Browns elbow was out of order as an honest man does.  But you will never admit that the tackle on Durrant was commited by a thug and one of the worst tackles in recent football history.  You just cant bear to admit it and for that I kinds feel sorry for you.

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Nobody it was just a question I put to you.  I have said that Brown has never made a tackle like Simpson and in my football opinion Simpson is a thug of the highest degree.  Brown comes nowhere near him.  Again, in my football opinion.  You can disagree though as I am sure you will.  Ramy has admitted that Browns elbow was out of order as an honest man does.  But you will never admit that the tackle on Durrant was commited by a thug and one of the worst tackles in recent football history.  You just cant bear to admit it and for that I kinds feel sorry for you.

I’ve said many times that it was a cowardly and animalistic challenge. Do keep up. I also hate the 18 year old kids that sing a song about a challenge that happened 15 years before they were born, but I suppose that doesn’t suit your agenda. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’ve said many times that it was a cowardly and animalistic challenge. Do keep up. I also hate the 18 year old kids that sing a song about a challenge that happened 15 years before they were born, but I suppose that doesn’t suit your agenda. 

No agenda but glad you said that.  Just that Durrant was one of my heroes and I actually feel sorry for Simpson as well as it looks like a rush of blood.  As I said we can all call other teams best or hardest player a thug.  For the record I was a dirty bastard as well.  Never went over the ball or elbowed someone though but knew how to tackle properly.  Brown should be punished for that one.  He is now like an old gunslinger.  Doesnt deserve his legs broken though?

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No agenda but glad you said that.  Just that Durrant was one of my heroes and I actually feel sorry for Simpson as well as it looks like a rush of blood.  As I said we can all call other teams best or hardest player a thug.  For the record I was a dirty bastard as well.  Never went over the ball or elbowed someone though but knew how to tackle properly.  Brown should be punished for that one.  He is now like an old gunslinger.  Doesnt deserve his legs broken though?

We’ll agree to disagree

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

We’ll agree to disagree

When I said you were in the Aberdeen Mafia I was joking.  Are you actually the real Mafia?  Should I be worried?  Mind you when I woke up on Sunday morning one of my latest burds had a face like a horses head!  Was that you that arranged that?  Sorry, I am in too deep with you kid 🍒

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Simpson wasn’t a thug or a dirty player, someone/something wound him up that day and I bet he regrets making the challenge that ruined his and Durrants careers.

We can all name other teams thugs, Gregor Stevens, Tam Forsyth & Iain Ferguson spring easily to mind, Browns nae in their class tho, he’s just a sneaky coward.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Simpson wasn’t a thug or a dirty player, someone/something wound him up that day and I bet he regrets making the challenge that ruined his and Durrants careers.

We can all name other teams thugs, Gregor Stevens, Tam Forsyth & Iain Ferguson spring easily to mind, Browns nae in their class tho, he’s just a sneaky coward.

I never said he was a thug, he made a horrible and thuggish challenge that day though. The difference between him & brown is that one does it all the time because he’s not got the ability to keep up with them anymore and needs to portray himself as a hard man. 

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye, I agree with the Simpson thing mate.  But disagree about Brown.  That was sneaky and bad what he did on Sunday but apart from being an arrogant bugger on the park not seen him do that before.  Like it or not a good football team needs a hard man and leader.  Brown has been great at that.  As was Tam Forsyth and Greig as well as Roy Aitken.  The opposition feared them and the ball players followed them.  

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I never said he was a thug, he made a horrible and thuggish challenge that day though. The difference between him & brown is that one does it all the time because he’s not got the ability to keep up with them anymore and needs to portray himself as a hard man. 

Well if it was Scott Brown "that day" you would have had him in the fuckin electric chair sharpish. Shocking....

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well if it was Scott Brown "that day" you would have had him in the fuckin electric chair sharpish. Shocking....

But Brown has been guilty of this kind of incident time and time again over the years. Just face it, he’s past it and has to do these kind of things to try and prove some kind of point. He’s a thug, nothing more, nothing less. 

Lennon is definitely starting to lose his grip on reality as these new comments show:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54709784

Celtic manager Neil Lennon says there is "no justification" for his job to be under threat as he railed against the "hysteria" over his team's form.

Sunday's draw at Aberdeen left Celtic - chasing a record 10th consecutive title - winless in three matches and six points behind Scottish Premiership leaders Rangers with a game in hand.

Lennon says the majority of fans still back him as he blamed a media agenda.

"There's a clear lack of respect because of one bad week," he said.

"We've lost one game in the league and pundits are talking about me being two games away from the sack. Players getting singled out, abused, criticised, it's absolutely shocking.

"It's media driven, there's no question of that. I have seen two newspapers run polls on whether I should get sacked or not. I have never seen it before in 20 years I have been here.

"There's no justification for me to be sacked. None whatsoever. If things start to deteriorate rapidly, I'll hold my hands up and say, 'this isn't working, we need to look at something else'. But at the moment we're nowhere near that."

Lennon, preparing for his team for a Europe League visit to Lille on Thursday and Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Hampden, also launched a passionate defence of centre-back Shane Duffy.

The Republic of Ireland international, who is on loan from Brighton, has come in for criticism recently and was culpable at Aberdeen's second goal on Sunday.

"He's just had a bumpy week, nothing more, nothing less," Lennon added. "I'm not happy about the treatment he's getting from certain quarters of the media. It's totally unbalanced, unfair and hysterical.

"Comments that he's rank rotten, a bomb scare - I find that ridiculous. He's a human being, he made a mistake and shouldn't be hung out to dry for it.

"He has my full support and I'm not going to leave him out."

Failure to win in France against Ligue 1 joint leaders Lille would be Celtic's longest run without victory in six years.

But Lennon insists he does not feel under "major pressure" as he called for patience from supporters.

"They can't all be constantly criticising the team, the manager. It's not productive," he said.

"We should be enjoying this season but nobody seems to be enjoying it. Our players have earned the right to go for 10 and should be respected and supported for that.

"But very quickly people are turning on them and me. That's unfair."

:blink::blink:

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lennon is definitely starting to lose his grip on reality as these new comments show:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54709784

:blink::blink:

I know this isn't the fashionable thing to say, but he makes a lot of fair points. It is a bunch of hysterics from mostly Celtic fans, who time and again prove themselves to be shite bags. 

It was the same last year, all greeting like fuck like the world is ending after a dip in form. Then we all have to cringe when they celebrate another treble. 

Zero bottle. 100% wet beds.

11 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I know this isn't the fashionable thing to say, but he makes a lot of fair points. It is a bunch of hysterics from mostly Celtic fans, who time and again prove themselves to be shite bags. 

It was the same last year, all greeting like fuck like the world is ending after a dip in form. Then we all have to cringe when they celebrate another treble. 

Zero bottle. 100% wet beds.

Great post.

👍🏼

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Not seen anything official but you could’ve put money on him getting away with it 🤬

Really cant believe nothing is being done.  Even if he didn't catch the guy properly there was intent.  Dont know if the rules have changed but intent to injure (which there was) was a red card.  Unreal.

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Of course he does, he’s simply untouchable. Will be interesting if there’s a similar incident against him in the next few weeks. 

It would never get to the retrospective stage, the ref would see any infringement at the time and punish the player with a card himself. I’m sure Brown would go down like he’d been hit with a sledgehammer.