Coronavirus - Page 378 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Heard someone on radio saying restrictions in Scotland hadn't been necessary. Then I saw this map today. Could anyone guess that Scotland and Wales were doing something different, maybe even something right?

image.thumb.png.2ee2b89ed7f7086222c7b234c33a4bdc.png

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I don’t think this should be allowed.

If the MPs values have changed, fine, but the voters voted for a Blue Tory bastard, not a Red Tory wannabe bastard. 

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I don’t think this should be allowed.

If the MPs values have changed, fine, but the voters voted for a Blue Tory bastard, not a Red Tory wannabe bastard. 

Thumbs up reaction.

There should be a by election in situations like this. The vast majority of people vote for the party rather than the person. 

33 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not Ian Blackford’s biggest fan but thought he was quite good today. Operation Dogs Dinner 😂

I don't mind Blackford. He says alot of decent stuff and gets pelters for it from the tories. 

That clip just shows the contempt bojo and his privileged gang of cunts have for scotland

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't mind Blackford. He says alot of decent stuff and gets pelters for it from the tories. 

That clip just shows the contempt bojo and his privileged gang of cunts have for scotland

When it cuts to the bit with him making childish faces it beggars belief. To think this person is running the UK is frightening. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not Ian Blackford’s biggest fan but thought he was quite good today. Operation Dogs Dinner 😂

I heard the BBC radio Scotland report this, I think they summarised that Blackford had criticised Johnson then played a substantial clip of Johnson's response.  So they managed to reproduce Johnsons' grandiose claims about how good the UK was.

I also note Johnson's blatant, uncorrected lie that the UK had the best vaccination record (in Europe). No wonder some people still think the UK had a great pandemic, some people must believe Johnson, or whatever they want to believe.

23 minutes ago, exile said:

I heard the BBC radio Scotland report this, I think they summarised that Blackford had criticised Johnson then played a substantial clip of Johnson's response.  So they managed to reproduce Johnsons' grandiose claims about how good the UK was.

I also note Johnson's blatant, uncorrected lie that the UK had the best vaccination record (in Europe). No wonder some people still think the UK had a great pandemic, some people must believe Johnson, or whatever they want to believe.

My issue with Blackford is he tends to act a bit theatrical at times and overegg a speech, you can guarantee that if today was one of those times the BBC would have been all over it to make him look pompous. He was good today so I am not surprised he was cut short.

People tend to  believe whatever suits their agenda but I really hope  that anyone on the fence will see that apart from showing nothing but disdain for Blackford , Johnson’s replies were utter horse shit and not even relevant to the questions.
Stephen Kinnock asked him if he agreed Douglas Ross was a lightweight and he refused to answer, going off on a ramble about the union.  

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My issue with Blackford is he tends to act a bit theatrical at times and overegg a speech, you can guarantee that if today was one of those times the BBC would have been all over it to make him look pompous. He was good today so I am not surprised he was cut short.

I saw a description of him recently to the effect that he came over like a minister preaching from the pulpit which I thought was pretty accurate. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I saw a description of him recently to the effect that he came over like a minister preaching from the pulpit which I thought was pretty accurate. 

Yes it is accurate. 

Hope it didn’t suggest he was preaching  to his flock of SNP sheep 🙄

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes it is accurate. 

Hope it didn’t suggest he was preaching  to his flock of SNP sheep 🙄

No, it wasn’t from an Alba supporter😉

They were drawing comparisons between him and Starmer’s lawyerly style. 

12 hours ago, exile said:

They also seem to be using the line that they may have got some things wrong but they have got all the big decisions right 😳😂

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

They also seem to be using the line that they may have got some things wrong but they have got all the big decisions right 😳😂

Their 2 "big wins" seem to be (1) Vaccines - which every Euripean country has, some better than UK; and (2) the most liberal regime in terms of fewest restrictions (= fewest protections)

But somewhat undermined by having one of the worst, or worst, mortality rates.

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He's more like a child who has been caught stealing sweeties from the corner shop.

I thought it was Johnson who looked like the naughty schoolboy yesterday, bobbing his head as if mocking the teacher