Coronavirus - Page 400 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Laurence Fox has the covid

He hasnt taken the vaccine but he has taken some sheep deworming stuff

It's a prescription medicine, so either he bought it online or he is lying as it curently isn't used for covid here.

35 minutes ago, phart said:

It's a prescription medicine, so either he bought it online or he is lying as it curently isn't used for covid here.

He is in Mexico

Not only do you only have to sign a form saying you feel well to get into Mexico, but you can also buy drugs like #Ivermectin over the counter that the vaccinaholics don’t want you to get hold of here. I’m so happy to be joining the natural immunity club. Going to have a nap.

Sue Grey Report Update out.

Can't say a hell of a lot due to the Met but what she can say is pretty damning and will to spin away.

She looked 16 different events, the Met are following up on all but four of these.

Investigation into alleged gatherings on government premises during Covid restrictions: Update (publishing.service.gov.uk)

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Sue Grey Report Update out.

Can't say a hell of a lot due to the Met but what she can say is pretty damning and will to spin away.

She looked 16 different events, the Met are following up on all but four of these.

Investigation into alleged gatherings on government premises during Covid restrictions: Update (publishing.service.gov.uk)

As deflection and whataboutery goes this is off the scale even for a politician  

‘’ Johnson accuses Starmer of talking “tissue of nonsense”.

He claims Starmer is trying to prejudge the police inquiry.

And he criticises Starmer for not prosecuting Jimmy Savile when he was DPP.

Just as Nadine Dorries (possibly drunk) announces we have defeated Covid thanks to Boris

Liz Truss has tested positive for covid. She attended the packed meeting of Tory MPs and ministers in Portcullis House this evening, leaving before it finished. She was not wearing a mask.

12 hours ago, sjd1972 said:

Yoonatics on twitter blaming Blackford for the death of Charles Kennedy.  You think they’d let that one go and let the poor guy rest.

It's all they've got. They haven't go a clue(do), but yes, Blackford killed him with a gin and tonic in the library.  That's a bottle of gin, not a single.

Maybe these yoonatics blaming Blackford could tell us who killed Willie McRae.

So, the great Tory revolt has run out of steam and here we are with potentially the worst PM in history sniggering up his sleeve after yet another Houdini escape. I hope I am wrong but I fully expect him to wriggle out of the police enquiry too. Never have I felt so dismayed at living in the UK. People have suffered immeasurably over the last 2 years and that smug bastard simply says he will fix it like its a leaky tap. 

Even if you gave Johnson the benefit of the doubt, how on earth can you rely on a guy to fix something when he didnt even have intelligence the to realise that what was happening was wrong ? Its not like he didn’t know it was going on. And fellow Scots criticising Ian Blackford for calling him out. FFS Scotland take a good look. Surely we can do better than this. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

So, the great Tory revolt has run out of steam and here we are with potentially the worst PM in history sniggering up his sleeve after yet another Houdini escape. I hope I am wrong but I fully expect him to wriggle out of the police enquiry too. Never have I felt so dismayed at living in the UK. People have suffered immeasurably over the last 2 years and that smug bastard simply says he will fix it like its a leaky tap. 

Even if you gave Johnson the benefit of the doubt, how on earth can you rely on a guy to fix something when he didnt even have intelligence the to realise that what was happening was wrong ? Its not like he didn’t know it was going on. And fellow Scots criticising Ian Blackford for calling him out. FFS Scotland take a good look. Surely we can do better than this. 

Sub-servient Scots really are the pits - they truly are.

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

As deflection and whataboutery goes this is off the scale even for a politician  

‘’ Johnson accuses Starmer of talking “tissue of nonsense”.

He claims Starmer is trying to prejudge the police inquiry.

And he criticises Starmer for not prosecuting Jimmy Savile when he was DPP.

he has a point, starmer is no better than the rest of them

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

he has a point, starmer is no better than the rest of them

I’m no fan of Starmer or Labour but that’s yet another lie from Johnson as Starmer had nothing to do with decisions not to prosecute Saville.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

There’s local elections coming up in May.  In England they don’t have all the council elections in the same year, my council won’t have an election for another 2 years.   There’s no specific geographical split but it looks primarily like a lot traditional Tory areas.  These councils last had elections in 2017 and they saw the Tories picking up a large number of seats from Corbyn-led Labour.  If these go badly for the Tories which looks likely on current polling they’ll all start to get nervous.

I suspect that a lot of his supporters are willing him on to prove that he still has the election magic and his detractors will be keeping their powder dry so that he can carry the can for any fallout from those.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

There’s local elections coming up in May.  In England they don’t have all the council elections in the same year, my council won’t have an election for another 2 years.   There’s no specific geographical split but it looks primarily like a lot traditional Tory areas.  These councils last had elections in 2017 and they saw the Tories picking up a large number of seats from Corbyn-led Labour.  If these go badly for the Tories which looks likely on current polling they’ll all start to get nervous.

I suspect that a lot of his supporters are willing him on to prove that he still has the election magic and his detractors will be keeping their powder dry so that he can carry the can for any fallout from those.

The last few opinion polls coming out have painted a very black picture for the Tories. Polls show they'd be punted out of government and replaced by Labour. I am split as the best thing for independence movement is for his incompetence to remain in power where he can feed the fire of discontent in Scotland. But after all he has done I'd also love to see him kicked out and he should be as whoever takes over will certainly not be anyone to appease Scottish voters.

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m no fan of Starmer or Labour but that’s yet another lie from Johnson as Starmer had nothing to do with decisions not to prosecute Saville.

‘’’Dominic Raab initially claimed Mr Johnson’s remark was simply “part of the cut and thrust of parliamentary debates” – but when challenged to repeat the claim, admitted he could not.’’

It would seem that lies are now simply classed as the cut and thrust of parliamentary debates. They dont even try to disguise it anymore. Why on earth should anyone believe anything that is said. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

‘’’Dominic Raab initially claimed Mr Johnson’s remark was simply “part of the cut and thrust of parliamentary debates” – but when challenged to repeat the claim, admitted he could not.’’

It would seem that lies are now simply classed as the cut and thrust of parliamentary debates. They dont even try to disguise it anymore. Why on earth should anyone believe anything that is said. 

Johnston can say all sorts about Starmer but Blackford can't call a lying cunt a lying cunt.