Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll) - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs (The REAL poll)

The_Dark_Knight

Where will we finish in the Euro 2020 playoffs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What will our fates be in the Euro 2020 Playoffs?

• Winner of the final
    • Runner up in the final
    • Semi-final loser

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Didn't you read what i was replying to? Mrbiamoc said that he was surprised so many people think we'll win the playoffs. I said that i knew a fair chunk of people would think it, but not quite as much as there is.

Perhaps you ought to read the origins of a conversations before you chime in. If you just read it from the middle, of course you're going to be confused

It's not positivity. It's bordering on insanity.

I did read it all. That “sentence” still doesn't make sense. 

So people who think we have a chance are bordering on insane now? Dearie me. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

“Didn’t know that is was would so much, though” doesn’t make much sense. Would what? Would wasn’t an option. It’s not even a full sentence, it’s a fragment. Who didn’t know? You? 

Actually, looking back on it, this is the post you replied to:

"I'm not surprised, to be honest. I knew a fair chunk of people would vote that we'd qualify... Didn't know that it was would so much, though. "

Why didn't you read the "qualify" part?

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

I did read it all. That “sentence” still doesn't make sense. 

So people who think we have a chance are bordering on insane now? Dearie me. 

Yeah. Obviously, you didn't.

You said "Didn’t know that is was would so much, though” doesn’t make much sense. Would what?"

You obviously didn't read the "qualify" part.

I'd say so.

Yeah. Obviously, you didn't.

You said "Didn’t know that is was would so much, though” doesn’t make much sense. Would what?"

You obviously didn't read the "qualify" part.

I'd say so.

It still doesn’t make sense. 

You really are quite offensive at times. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It still doesn’t make sense. 

You really are quite offensive at times. 

"I'm not surprised, to be honest. I knew a fair chunk of people would vote that we'd qualify... Didn't know that it was would so much, though."

It makes perfect sense. Maybe it's you.

Yes. You said to me that it must be good to be able to look into future, and I'M the one who is offensive. Right.

How is suggesting that I can look into the future be a civil reply? You're the one who is being provocative.

Might be in the minority but with home advantage I think Norway might well beat Serbia. 

For me and been saying it for many months, we have to get the home draw for the Final to have a realistic chance. I don't see us beating either of them on the road but we have a fighter's chance at a packed Hampden, far more unlikely things happen all the time in football than Scotland winning that one off match. 

Here is how I think the play offs are going to end up, and I believe Wales are going to beat Hungary and qualify.

League D - Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus - with Kosovo to go through

League C - Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Bulgaria - with one the first three to go through :)

League B - Bosnia & H, Slovakia, Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland - very hard to call

League A - Iceland, Israel, Hungary and Romania - Romania to go through 

As of today Leagues D and C play offs are settled.  

27 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

"I'm not surprised, to be honest. I knew a fair chunk of people would vote that we'd qualify... Didn't know that it was would so much, though."

It makes perfect sense. Maybe it's you.

Yes. You said to me that it must be good to be able to look into future, and I'M the one who is offensive. Right.

How is suggesting that I can look into the future be a civil reply? You're the one who is being provocative.

I was calling you out on presenting your opinion as fact and mocking people that think we have a chance of qualifying.

Calling people insane for having a different opinion to you is not only offensive it’s narcissistic. 

5 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Here is how I think the play offs are going to end up, and I believe Wales are going to beat Hungary and qualify.

League D - Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus - with Kosovo to go through

League C - Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Bulgaria - with one the first three to go through :)

League B - Bosnia & H, Slovakia, Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland - very hard to call

League A - Iceland, Israel, Hungary and Romania - Romania to go through 

As of today Leagues D and C play offs are settled.  

That's not correct.

There will be a draw to see which team joins Scotland, Norway and Serbia in that particular play-off path. Could be Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary or Romania.

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I was calling you out on presenting your opinion as fact and mocking people that think we have a chance of qualifying.

Calling people insane for having a different opinion to you is not only offensive it’s narcissistic. 

You got it spot on, t'is my opinion. If you don't agree with it then tell me, straight-up, why you don't agree with it. Don't spout nonsence about me being to see into the future, etc.

But yes, in my opinion we have a 00.01% chance of qualifying for Euro 2020. If others think differenty.. Good luck to them.

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You got it spot on, t'is my opinion. If you don't agree with it then tell me, straight-up, why you don't agree with it. Don't spout nonsence about me being to see into the future, etc.

But yes, in my opinion we have a 00.01% chance of qualifying for Euro 2020. If others think differenty.. Good luck to them.

You think we have a 1 in 10,000 chance of qualifying for Euro 2020?! 

Firstly, I don't believe you.

Secondly, if that was true, then you could make yourself a lot of money by betting on the outcome.

Please can you explain how you arrived at that percentage?

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Didn't you read what i was replying to? Mrbiamoc said that he was surprised so many people think we'll win the playoffs. I said that i knew a fair chunk of people would think it, but not quite as much as there is.

Perhaps you ought to read the origins of a conversations before you chime in. If you just read it from the middle, of course you're going to be confused

It's not positivity. It's bordering on insanity.

Mrniaboc

Mrbiamoc backwards would be Mr Comaib, and that makes no sense at all... 

Edited by mrniaboc

I’ll spout anything I want thanks. 

If you believe we have 0.01% chance of beating two average teams, particularly if both games are at home then I think you need to work on how you work out your odds. I’m going to take a wild guess that you don’t work in a bookmakers?

Depending on the draw on Friday I reckon we’ll have somewhere between a 25-50% chance of qualifying.

“Good luck to them” is quite a bit different to what you were saying earlier. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If you believe we have 0.01% chance of beating two average teams, particularly if both games are at home then I think you need to work on how you work out your odds. I’m going to take a wild guess that you don’t work in a bookmakers?

Depending on the draw on Friday I reckon we’ll have somewhere between a 25-50% chance of qualifying.

I'll give you some credit and say that your percentages are nowhere near as incorrect as Mr '0.01%.'

However, you've gone way too far the other way.

Even our most favourable draw puts us nowhere near 50%, and our toughest possible draw would put us well below 25%.

7 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

You think we have a 1 in 10,000 chance of qualifying for Euro 2020?! 

Firstly, I don't believe you.

Secondly, if that was true, then you could make yourself a lot of money by betting on the outcome.

Please can you explain how you arrived at that percentage?

You don't believe me? You don't believe that i think we have a 1 in 10,000 chance? Fair enough.

Off the record: we have 0% chance. But since we're still in the playoffs, we have the tiniest percent of a chance.

4 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Mrniaboc

Mrbiamoc backwards would be Mr Comainb, and that makes no sense at all... 

I doubt I could correctly recite anyone's username in this place, so I'm surprised how close I got.

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fine. Spout nonsense all you like. I'd rather you put me on ignore than waste my time with stupid comments, to be honest with you. And it's not the first time you've said the "seeing into the future" thing.

We have the smallest amount of chance as we arent very good at the moment. 

25%-50%?!?! Jeez. OK. Fair enough.

Yeah, well, "good luck in the padded cell" has a very different ring to it. Plus you say "narcissistic" like it's a bad thing. 

Can't be bothered to read last 5 pages of mud slinging but did TDK answer the fair question of why the play offs should be dismissed and focus instead on WCQ?

It is far far easier to qualify for euros than a world cup. Simply on numbers, 24 qualify for this and only 12 or 13 get into the world cup (will be a few more once it goes up to 48 teams but even then will be 7-8 less teams than euros).

Fair enough if people don't think the team is capable of beating any of Serbia, Norway or Bulgaria.

What happens if a World cup group is drawn and this is the outcome?

Germany

Serbia

Scotland

Norway

Bulgaria

Kazhakstan

2nd would be a major struggle as usual and even then you'd more than likely get a Portugal, Holland or Italy in the play off round.

Focus simply has to be on the here and now.

You don't believe me? You don't believe that i think we have a 1 in 10,000 chance? Fair enough.

Off the record: we have 0% chance. But since we're still in the playoffs, we have the tiniest percent of a chance.

I doubt I could correctly recite anyone's username in this place, so I'm surprised how close I got.

Fine. Spout nonsense all you like. I'd rather you put me on ignore than waste my time with stupid comments, to be honest with you. And it's not the first time you've said the "seeing into the future" thing.

Yeah, well, "good luck in the padded cell" has a very different ring to it. Plus you say "narcissistic" like it's a bad thing. 

Cool. Ignored. 

5 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

To be fair, it's extremely rare to see any sort of apology from TDK, even if it's as much of a non-apology as that hahaha. 

Possibly explains why he has such trouble spelling the word 'apologies' 😂

I am sure there is a compliment in there somewhere so I suppose I could forgive him just this once . 

Big Bertha , on the other hand,  is pure ragin and on the war path, he may have to reinvent himself yet again 🙄

5 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You're welcome. ;)

(I genuinely didn't think there were any women in this place)

You spent half a day talking to me about cats in 1 of your previous 9 lives. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Can we just break this down a bit further please, because I'm really confused.

Supposing we get drawn against - worst case scenario - Romania, in our home semi-final. This is a one-off home tie, which includes extra time and penalties. What do you think the percentage chances of Scotland progressing are, compared to Romania progressing?

I would have that as 60/40 in Romania's favour.

What percentage do you make it?

6 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Can't be bothered to read last 5 pages of mud slinging but did TDK answer the fair question of why the play offs should be dismissed and focus instead on WCQ?

Because:

1. We have no chance of winning the playoffs.

2. Blooding a handful of players from the various youth teams, as soon as possible, will be beneficial on the long term.

I genuinely cannot wait till the playoffs are over and we can focus on the World Cup qualifers.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I am sure there is a compliment in there somewhere so I suppose I could forgive him just this once . 

Big Bertha , on the other hand,  is pure ragin and on the war path, he may have to reinvent himself yet again 🙄

You spent half a day talking to me about cats in 1 of your previous 9 lives. 

Haha yeah, it's as close as you'll get from the lad. In the last hour he has had a giant argument with Texas Pete because he can't admit he made a simple typo, and essentially told me I'm lucky he even got close to spelling my handle correctly, even though we have talked to each other almost daily for over a year 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Can we just break this down a bit further please, because I'm really confused.

Supposing we get drawn against - worst case scenario - Romania, in our home semi-final. This is a one-off home tie, which includes extra time and penalties. What do you think the percentage chances of Scotland progressing are, compared to Romania progressing?

I would have that as 60/40 in Romania's favour.

What percentage do you make it?

I think that's even doing Scotland a disservice! We very rarely lose to teams below pot 1 and 2 at Hampden. 

2 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Haha yeah, it's as close as you'll get from the lad. In the last hour he has had a giant argument with Texas Pete because he can't admit he made a simple typo, and essentially told me I'm lucky he even got close to spelling my handle correctly, even though we have talked to each other almost daily for over a year 😂😂😂

When did i make a typo?