Playoffs - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Playoffs

albathebrave

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

How many profiles have you got? I smell a Chripper. 

I have no idea why that poster has copied and pasted my entire post, and added an extra sentence at the end. I'm guessing since it's their first post, that they've messed up the quoting system or something?

Just now, dohadeer said:

That doesn't make sense though, 'would have been in the playoffs under the previous system.'

The groups would have been totally different, because there were 9 groups rather than 8. So the 9 groups would be slightly trickier on average. We wouldn't be in the group with the six teams we were, because the seedings would be all different. So, now you're trying to say if Kosovo hadn't joined UEFA, we'd be in the playoffs?! Who knows what draw we'd have got, let alone where we'd have finished in our group, impossible to say.

I think you maybe want to stop trying to wriggle out of this hole, and say 'sorry, I thought we would have been in the playoffs, if they were based on the qualifying groups, but I made a mistake, we wouldn't have been in the playoffs.' No shame in making a mistake and apologising, the shame is in being unable to admit that!

If you read one of my replies to one of your profiles (which is against TAMB rules btw) you’ll see I did admit my mistake. 

Just now, dohadeer said:

I have no idea why that poster has copied and pasted my entire post, and added an extra sentence at the end. I'm guessing since it's their first post, that they've messed up the quoting system or something?

Seems legit. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If you read one of my replies to one of your profiles (which is against TAMB rules btw) you’ll see I did admit my mistake. 

I only have one profile. I've had it for 15 years and posted pretty rarely really. I don't have any reason for multiple accounts.

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I only have one profile. I've had it for 15 years and posted pretty rarely really. I don't have any reason for multiple accounts.

I’ve seen you say that a few times recently.  Do people keep accusing you of having multiple profiles? Also seems odd you’re so prolific now. 

You do appear to have at least one other profile. Unless the ‘other’ person did copy your post and then add another sentence pretending to be you. The ‘other’ person was denying that they were being an arse. It was you that I called an arse not ‘him’. 

Anyway, I don’t care if you have 100 profiles or not. That’s up to you. God knows why anyone would want to do that though.

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’ve seen you say that a few times recently.  Do people keep accusing you of having multiple profiles? Also seems odd you’re so prolific now. 

You do appear to have at least one other profile. Unless the ‘other’ person did copy your post and then add another sentence pretending to be you. The ‘other’ person was denying that they were being an arse. It was you that I called an arse not ‘him’. 

Anyway, I don’t care if you have 100 profiles or not. That’s up to you. God knows why anyone would want to do that though.

I know, I don't understand why they posted that straight after my post! I'd already posted a reply to when you called me that.

Yeah, someone accused me of that earlier today or maybe yesterday. I think that multiple-accounter who got banned (again) earlier today has got everyone on high alert!

Exactly, I have no reason to have any other accounts.

I come on here from time to time, usually around the international games and disappear again. I can't seem to get away this time, as I keep spotting more and more hugely inaccurate stuff being written, which needs corrected!

Just now, dohadeer said:

I know, I don't understand why they posted that straight after my post! I'd already posted a reply to when you called me that.

Yeah, someone accused me of that earlier today or maybe yesterday. I think that multiple-accounter who got banned (again) earlier today has got everyone on high alert!

Exactly, I have no reason to have any other accounts.

I come on here from time to time, usually around the international games and disappear again. I can't seem to get away this time, as I keep spotting more and more hugely inaccurate stuff being written, which needs corrected!

I think you may need help. 

Just my opinion. 

Just now, dohadeer said:

Well I’m guessing you’re suggesting I’ve got problems, but I’m asking why you’re suggesting that?! 

Anyone who has multiple profiles on an internet forum is for the watching. 

You’ve been caught red handed and you still won’t admit it. 

Now I think we’ve been off topic long enough don’t you? 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Anyone who has multiple profiles on an internet forum is for the watching. 

You’ve been caught red handed and you still won’t admit it. 

Now I think we’ve been off topic long enough don’t you? 

Trust me I do not have multiple profiles.

After 15 years, I randomly decided to start a new profile when I’ve got a perfectly good one?

I’m happy for the moderators to investigate, but this is the only account I have. I’m as thrown by that random post which almost matches mine as you are. That final sentence is not my writing, and I’m confused as to what it even means. 

Now I’m turning into a conspiracy theorist but I’m worried that you-know-who who got banned earlier today has created that account in some bizarre attempt to get me banned in revenge, as I made no secret of the fact that I was very active in reporting them and trying to get them banned.

Please trust and believe me that I have one account only.

24 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Trust me I do not have multiple profiles.

After 15 years, I randomly decided to start a new profile when I’ve got a perfectly good one?

I’m happy for the moderators to investigate, but this is the only account I have. I’m as thrown by that random post which almost matches mine as you are. That final sentence is not my writing, and I’m confused as to what it even means. 

Now I’m turning into a conspiracy theorist but I’m worried that you-know-who who got banned earlier today has created that account in some bizarre attempt to get me banned in revenge, as I made no secret of the fact that I was very active in reporting them and trying to get them banned.

Please trust and believe me that I have one account only.

For all I know you’ve been trolling this board for 15 years. 

Lets look at the facts. 

You claim the other profile isn’t you. Why didn’t you reply to his post asking what the hell he was playing at? That’s the first thing I would’ve done.

You’ve barely posted on here in 15 years now you’re on here almost 24/7 posting similar stuff to several other profiles, two of which were proven to be the same person and have been banned?

You now claim TDK/Chripper is trying to set you up so you’ll get banned as well? That seems a little far fetched, even for that guy.

The whole thing is a little odd, don’t you think?

6 hours ago, DannyOz said:

There were 53 teams in the last qualifying, France as hosts slipped in to one of the groups to play friendly matches, which made 54 teams, which is obviously a perfect 9 groups of 6.

There were 23 qualifying places up for grabs, which fits nicely into top 2, best third place and four playoffs between the rest of the third placed teams.

As soon as Kosovo join, making it 55, then obviously the most sensible structure is the five groups of six and five groups of five. Eight best third places would be needed in the playoffs. Nations League existing or not existing doesn't change that.

As I said, our dire record of three wins from eight matches wouldn't get us into the playoffs. Pointing out your mistake doesn't make me an 'arse.' Would you rather I left the incorrect information out there, unchallenged? Surely you'd rather I corrected you?

I'm not being an arse about anything. If people are going to go to all the trouble of write things, and parade them as facts, I think it's just a waste of time. Time to stop tricking people.

Like when people go to the trouble of creating duplicate accounts? That's a waste of time too.

9 hours ago, dohadeer said:

We’re not still in the tournament on merit, we’re still in the tournament due to a mix of a silly system that includes two undeserved places in the finals, and a really lucky draw, which put us in a three-team group with Albania and Israel.

That doesn’t sit well with me unfortunately, I’m all for teams/people earning things, not being handed then on a plate undeservedly!

Absolute nonsense! The rules are defined before the tournament starts and everybody knows them. 

We performed better than the other teams in our group. And the group was generated from a semi random draw. 

All this pish about we don't deserve it is just that. Pish. 

And apologies I'm not picking just on you. This is as far through the thread as I could keep my patience. 

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

For all I know you’ve been trolling this board for 15 years. 

Lets look at the facts. 

You claim the other profile isn’t you. Why didn’t you reply to his post asking what the hell he was playing at? That’s the first thing I would’ve done.

You’ve barely posted on here in 15 years now you’re on here almost 24/7 posting similar stuff to several other profiles, two of which were proven to be the same person and have been banned?

You now claim TDK/Chripper is trying to set you up so you’ll get banned as well? That seems a little far fetched, even for that guy.

The whole thing is a little odd, don’t you think?

It’s very odd.

I don’t understand why the poster didn’t post again, saying ‘sorry I messed up that quote.’ That’s what makes me worry it’s our old ‘friend’ back from the dead, causing more trouble. That’s also why I didn’t feel the need to put a post querying what happened, as I assumed they would edit/explain the mistake pretty quickly!

I’m certainly not posting ‘similar stuff’ to TDK, I’m not sure where you get that from?!

The truth will come out and if necessary the moderators will confirm that I only have one account. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

This TDK/Chripper/Whoever else pish is ridiculous.

Clearly this dannyoz Dohadeer and about 4 other profiles including Rscot are all the same sad bastard. 

Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Do you think this dohadeer/dannyoz character is TDK?

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

By the looks of it they are all the same person

I don’t have multiple accounts. Even more insulting is the suggestion that I’m TDK.

I spent hours of my time and energy the other day trying to get them to withdraw one of their ridiculous claims.

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Absolute nonsense! The rules are defined before the tournament starts and everybody knows them. 

We performed better than the other teams in our group. And the group was generated from a semi random draw. 

All this pish about we don't deserve it is just that. Pish. 

And apologies I'm not picking just on you. This is as far through the thread as I could keep my patience. 

UEFA created a system where the finals isn’t for the strongest 24 teams. The playoff paths for route C and D in the Nations League give two lesser teams a chance to qualify, rather than rewarding the 24 best teams. That’s what I mean by falling into the finals, rather than earning our place.

As an example, it’s like if England’s Champions League places went to the champions of each of the four different divisions, rather than the top 4 in the Premier League.

The system is for some reason providing a couple of places for lesser teams.

19 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

The system is for some reason providing a couple of places for lesser teams.

That is the reason.

To offer less than 10% of the qualifying slots to teams that don't usually have a chance of reaching finals is fine by me.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

It’s very odd.

I don’t understand why the poster didn’t post again, saying ‘sorry I messed up that quote.’ That’s what makes me worry it’s our old ‘friend’ back from the dead, causing more trouble. That’s also why I didn’t feel the need to put a post querying what happened, as I assumed they would edit/explain the mistake pretty quickly!

I’m certainly not posting ‘similar stuff’ to TDK, I’m not sure where you get that from?!

The truth will come out and if necessary the moderators will confirm that I only have one account. 

Ok Danny, no problem 👍