Playoffs - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Playoffs

albathebrave

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

There is not a snowball in hell’s chance that the SFA will put tickets on sale prior to  the SSC renewal period. Not a chance.

There’s really no need for them to sell the tickets before January in fairness. 

Ideally people who were members in this campaign and renews should get priority over anyone who joins in January but I can’t see there being a huge rush of people joining. There’s still a great deal of apathy out there regardless of how big or important the playoffs are. 

Belgrade will be a cracking away trip lads and a hell of a lot cheaper than Oslo though in terms of which team you'd rather meet, it should be Norway imo. 

Belgrade was a class spot when we were there for the 2018 qualifiers.

Edited by irish

Think it will be a Serbia-Scotland final.

Israel in the euro qualifying lost away to North Macedonia, SLovenia, Austria and Poland. Only away win was 3-0 in Latvia. Also in nations league they lost 1-0 in Albania so they are pretty pish away from home it has to be said.

I think they'd be more chance v Norway in a potential final as let's remember they haven't played in major finals since 2000 so had a very similar decline in last 20 years so they'd be nervous at falling at final hurdle aswell. They had a very winnable play off v Hungary in 2015 and messed that up.

That said if they were in the final they would mean they'd be very confident from taking out Serbia.

I would say of the two potential games it's more likely to be a narrow defeat v Norway as opposed to a potential 2 or 3 nil defeat in Serbia, I just can't see any way even a full strength back 4 would keep out likes of Mitrovic and Tadic while also being a threat at the other end.

2-1 v Israel in the semi final.

5 minutes ago, JECK said:

The nightmare scenario has unfolded then. Can't help feeling hard done by it all really. Not a chance we'll make it thorugh an away final in Serbia let alone Norway.  And with that yet another failed campaign.

Hard done by??!? We’re only still in with a chance because of some bizarre system that gives ‘sympathy’ places to 2 teams who don’t deserve to be there. We should be nowhere near a major finals after the recent results we’ve had!

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

Hard done by??!? We’re only still in with a chance because of some bizarre system that gives ‘sympathy’ places to 2 teams who don’t deserve to be there. We should be nowhere near a major finals after the recent results we’ve had!

He's yanking your chain.

6 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

3rd would've been good enough for play offs under the euro 2016 qualifying, ROI got 3rd, got Bosnia and qualified.

I agree the whole wierdness of the nations league is really in focus now with these odd ways to get in tournament but it's still basically top 2 in the group going through automatically and then next best getting one more chance.

8 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Some bizarre system that give Norway/Serbia a home draw and basically a place in the finals and when the actual tounament begins no one will care how they got there.

14 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Will you be yanking Ormond’s Yank chain again in Oslo my good man? If so, I’ll pass on the message. 😋

Good question.

Fortunately I have time to work out the logistics.

Supposed to be in Glasgow on 23rd March to see The Who. And thereafter whatever home game was on the 26th. and then a 31st qualification triumph.

After today's draw, I may just forego the Israel game (in the anticipation of us gubbing them - dangerous I know) and make my arrangements once the venue of the final is known.

Belgrade is just up the road for me, and getting flights to Oslo should be easy enough at short notice from my location.

So, yes we'll have a pint or five somewhere once again, and I look forward to it!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Good question.

Fortunately I have time to work out the logistics.

Supposed to be in Glasgow on 23rd March to see The Who. And thereafter whatever home game was on the 26th. and then a 31st qualification triumph.

After today's draw, I may just forego the Israel game (in the anticipation of us gubbing them - dangerous I know) and make my arrangements once the venue of the final is known.

Belgrade is just up the road for me, and getting flights to Oslo should be easy enough at short notice from my location.

I arrive back in Scotland on the 25th. I’ve booked from Edinburgh to Oslo already. If we either fail in the semi or draw Serbia in the final then I’m still going to Oslo for a day out. I can’t get back from Belgrade fast enough to catch my flight back to the US from Scotland. 💁‍♂️

14 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I arrive back in Scotland on the 25th. I’ve booked from Edinburgh to Oslo already. If we either fail in the semi or draw Serbia in the final then I’m still going to Oslo for a day out. I can’t get back from Belgrade fast enough to catch my flight back to the US from Scotland. 💁‍♂️

OK - early days yet.

Once things crystallise we'll have a better idea.

You and and I are having a few pints somewhere soon though, that's for sure.

27 minutes ago, JECK said:

Some bizarre system that give Norway/Serbia a home draw and basically a place in the finals and when the actual tounament begins no one will care how they got there.

I’m not sure what your point is?

Edited by dohadeer

37 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Bang on it’s ridiculous really.

That said I’ll take it and hope we fluke through.

We won’t win that final though anyway.