Today’s starting XI - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today’s starting XI

Rscot

Just now, Rscot said:

Blah, blah, blah. Look at your behaviour on this thread, tit. I get the impression you need a good seeing to, maybe give you something to reflect 

What behaviour have a I displayed that has made you resort to acting like this?

28 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Mate I’ll meet you in Glasgow anytime, I’m not far from the city. I started a thread about football, not 1 reply has been about football, now fuck off tit

Nobody wants to meet you. If you’re trying to instigate a fight then I suggest you go and calm down or sober up.

Calling people twats or tits only makes you look a bit daft. 

If you want to get back to talking about the football then great, if not why continue to be abusive?

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Nobody wants to meet you. If you’re trying to instigate a fight then I suggest you go and calm down or sober up.

Calling people twats or tits only makes you look a bit daft. 

If you want to get back to talking about the football then great, if not why continue to be abusive?

I don’t drink, I act with my full faculties, sober mate. 

23 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

My view:

Awful, backs-to-the-wall performance.

Cyprus had a goal that wasn't given. They have at least two great chances to score. They had 60% possession.

In order words, if was awful.

It was hardly backs to the wall. 

Cyprus had a couple of good chances late on (one really good one with a diving header that the boy should’ve scored).

Possession was 58%-42% which is what you’d expect in an away game. 

Not a great performance but half decent I would say based on missing personnel. 

We haven’t beaten Cyprus with a score any better than 2-1 for over 35 or something. Not sure why some people were expecting a more comfortable victory. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

My posts are pretty much chapters, if I really was multiple people then i would literally have to be on here 24/7, without sleep.:P

Kreigh? What was the story? What did he do?

Ugh, my IPA addled brain is struggling to remember. The upshot is some internet sleuthing exposed him as a world class fantasist.

@phart , can you fill in the details?

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Cyprus had a couple of good chances late on (one really good one with a diving header that the boy should’ve scored).

We haven’t beaten Cyprus with a score any better than 2-1 for over 35 or something. Not sure why some people were expecting a more comfortable victory. 

That's pretty much how I saw it. The defence looked panicky at times but the game went exactly as I expected 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What behaviour have a I displayed that has made you resort to acting like this?

Mate go reread the thread, you hijacked the thread from a football discussion to eventually some sort of grand conspiracy. While a few of your mates joined in and started throwing insults etc at me. Mate you tried any of that shit in real life I’d hurt you within seconds of any of that shitty attitude coming out your mouth.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

That's pretty much how I saw it. The defence looked panicky at times but the game went exactly as I expected 

Have to admit i expected us to lose. The defence (i'm looking at you McKenna) made the expected mistakes, but we weren't punished.

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Mate go reread the thread, you hijacked the thread from a football discussion to eventually some sort of grand conspiracy. While a few of your mates joined in and started throwing insults etc at me. Mate you tried any of that shit in real life I’d hurt you within seconds of any of that shitty attitude coming out your mouth.

I've re-read the thread. Theres not one response that would validate a violent reaction from anyone. None of the people who responded are my mates, I dont know pete or far city. You started firing abuse at Texas pete.

3 minutes ago, Rohan said:

Ach it was 3 points and job done in Cyprus, wisnae great but it wisnae the worst performance 

That's all we have to hope for in an away game right now such is our poor standard however if we are to improve I'd expect a win and a better performance on tuesday and I think we will get it.

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Have to admit i expected us to lose. The defence (i'm looking at you McKenna) made the expected mistakes, but we weren't punished.

I've no idea why I expected a win with all the doom and gloom. A better team would have punished us today but we got the win and there were some small positives which they have to build.on.

1 minute ago, Rscot said:

I don’t drink, I act with my full faculties, sober mate. 

I didn’t assume you were drunk. I just thought there was a good chance given your swearing and general abusiveness. That’s why I said calm down or sober up. 

I would give you some advice on that but I fear you’d just call me a twat and tell me to fuck off. 😂

What’s your thoughts on today’s game then?

11 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Cyprus's goal was from a defence mistake. A very poor clearing header from Gallagher, he also had a few other poor header's that went straight to the opposition.

Still we got the win and that will hopefully boost the confidence levels. Hopefully another win on Tuesday, to give us a good boost heading into the playoffs.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

10 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Ugh, my IPA addled brain is struggling to remember. The upshot is some internet sleuthing exposed him as a world class fantasist.

@phart , can you fill in the details?

Ah.

It's alright, I don't need to know the details.

In this case, in Rscot's defence, if innocent people are constantly being accused of being this, that and the other, sooner or later the wrong person will be accused and sparks will fly. 

I've been accused of being many people. I'm not actually sure why. Hell, I've been accused of talking to MYSELF with multiple accounts.

Is this Kreigh guy why people here are so paranoid? (In fairness, only about two or three people appear paranoid, the rest are fine)

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ah.

It's alright, I don't need to know the details.

In this case, in Rscot's defence, if innocent people are constantly being accused of being this, that and the other, sooner or later the wrong person will be accused and sparks will fly. 

I've been accused of being many people. I'm not actually sure why. Hell, I've been accused of talking to MYSELF with multiple accounts.

Is this Kreigh guy why people here are so paranoid? (In fairness, only about two or three people appear paranoid, the rest are fine)

I was accused of being Davie Provan earlier on for mocking the Ian Crocker thread 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Cyprus's goal was from a defence mistake. A very poor clearing header from Gallagher, he also had a few other poor header's that went straight to the opposition.

To be fair it was a cracking finish by the Cypriot striker. 

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

On a different day Cyprus would've won 3:2.

I just thought it was an odd match. The referee stepped out from the pages of a cartoon with all the duff calls.

A win's a win and all that, but... As i said, it was an odd match.

9 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Dude there's no need for the threats of violence here. I know there's some real wind-up merchants on here at times, and they can be a bit abrasive, but it's an internet forum and that's all. 

We're all here because we have one amazing thing in common. We support the Scotland national football team, and they actually won today! Let's celebrate and put all this agro behind us. What do you say? 

Vanderark14 you too mate. You did kind of come in strong on this lad's thread. Perhaps with some false assumptions? 

Wish I could have watched the game with you all in a pub today. I bet we would have all be hugging it out and cheering when Scotland scored! So let's try and treat each other on here a bit more like we would in the pub yeah? 

6 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Nah, i lay the blame for that goal with McKenna. He took a shite touch, resulting in his 2nd being a tackle. They scored from the resulting free kick.

2 minutes ago, Rohan said:

I was accused of being Davie Provan earlier on for mocking the Ian Crocker thread 😂😂

Ach, that was clearly a joke 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Dude there's no need for the threats of violence here. I know there's some real wind-up merchants on here at times, and they can be a bit abrasive, but it's an internet forum and that's all. 

We're all here because we have one amazing thing in common. We support the Scotland national football team, and they actually won today! Let's celebrate and put all this agro behind us. What do you say? 

Vanderark14 you too mate. You did kind of come in strong on this lad's thread. Perhaps with some false assumptions? 

Wish I could have watched the game with you all in a pub today. I bet we would have all be hugging it out and cheering when Scotland scored! So let's try and treat each other on here a bit more like we would in the pub yeah? 

The biggest wind up merchant on this board is TDK or maybe that's you, is it?😜😜

4 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Halle-fucking-luia.

So many times on the tamb i've read petty arguments and thought 'FFS, if we were all face to face in the pub we'd be getting on like a house on fire'.