Alan Hutton - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Hutton

ianp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so Hutton isn't Maldini, but I don't understand the timing of this thread.

Ripping in to one of our better players before a game?

Hutton has his weaknesses, sure, but he's still good enough to be where he is, which is every minute of every game for a team in the top-half of the EPL.

There's isn't much between Bardsley and Hutton, but there's no-one else near them in terms of best available right-back.

His challenge against Italy cost is euro 2008

:blink: Anyone who was there or saw it is well aware that it was Hutton who was fouled. He wasn't even making a challenge when the free kick was given - he was barged off the ball. Your dislike of him is obviously clouding your memory/judgement.

Give one of the youngsters a chance, cant do any worse

Names? And what level are these youngsters playing at? And still waiting for examples of all these goals he has cost us.

I am not arguing that he is perfection personified by any means and perhaps he is stronger in supporting attack than defence but he has something none other of our defenders have - pace. Plus I don't think it can really be debated that he is the best we have in that position at the moment.

:blink: Anyone who was there or saw it is well aware that it was Hutton who was fouled. He wasn't even making a challenge when the free kick was given - he was barged off the ball. Your dislike of him is obviously clouding your memory/judgement.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're an idiot.