Alan Hutton - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Hutton

ianp

I admit I have never beer a fan. Watching Villa v City and only ask that you watch as well and comment. So far Alan IMO played his usual game...non tackling full back and gives the ball away. All I ask is you comment after this game

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO he is a liability and I'm only asking people to watch this performance and give their opinion eg first half just finished can't remember Hutton making a tackle and has given the ball away 6 times

I don't get him.

He consistently plays much better for country than club.

I'm ok with it though

This. The guy barely played a club game for two years yet was more often than not outstanding for Scotland. Strikes me as one of those types who struggles to get fired up for run of the mill games. Maybe that's why there's such a difference between club and international games.

Well match finished...City's first goal came from Alan giving ball away, strolled back, didn't close down ball and stuck out his arse in an attempt to stop shot. He is a liability, let's see how he performs on Saturday

Well match finished...City's first goal came from Alan giving ball away, strolled back, didn't close down ball and stuck out his arse in an attempt to stop shot. He is a liability, let's see how he performs on Saturday

If it's like his previous Scotland games he'll perform better.

What is this thread going to accomplish? Yes, lets criticise players in our starting 11. A player who regularly plays in the premier league and has been one of Scotland's best players for the best part of a decade.

Him not being at his best against a team challenging for the Champions league this season is not grounds for berating him.

Get a grip.

I am another who doesn't see the point of this thread.

So he had a poor game today against the champions but lets remember he has been one of Villa's better players this season as well. He never let us down in anyway against the World Champions Germany so why should we worry about him facing Georgia at home?

What is this thread going to accomplish? Yes, lets criticise players in our starting 11. A player who regularly plays in the premier league and has been one of Scotland's best players for the best part of a decade.

Him not being at his best against a team challenging for the Champions league this season is not grounds for berating him.

Get a grip.[/quote

Agreed!! Rather have guys with 90% ability and 120% commitment than other way round! We've done not too bad last couple of years with that philosophy!!!

It's only an opinion, different from others and the same as others.

I think criticising a player you know full well is going to start in our next 2 games BEFORE he plays in them is pointless. You're writing him off before he even plays. How about we be positive?

There are no better right backs. Obviously he has his flaws, but who doesn't?

Let's get behind the elite of our country, instead of putting them down!

I am another who doesn't see the point of this thread.

So he had a poor game today against the champions but lets remember he has been one of Villa's better players this season as well. He never let us down in anyway against the World Champions Germany so why should we worry about him facing Georgia at home?

Did he have a poor game tho? I thought he had an unremarkable game. Like a lot of players. Also like every other player he gives the ball away sometimes. The problem is we analyse our players to death. It's stupid.

In my opinion he had neither a good game or a bad game today.

Just watched the highlights, so its not fair for me to rate his performance for 90 mins. But from what I saw Hutton was an influential player going forward for villa. He did seem a bit relaxed jogging back for the first man city goal but wouldn't single him out and blame him for the defeat.

Edited by Robroysboy

Did he have a poor game tho? I thought he had an unremarkable game. Like a lot of players. Also like every other player he gives the ball away sometimes. The problem is we analyse our players to death. It's stupid.

In my opinion he had neither a good game or a bad game today.

He wasn't outstanding or superb V Germany but neither did he let us down in any way shape or form whereas Whittaker was exposed. The other option in that position (right-back) would be to re-integrate Bardsley into the side but how has he been performing? Well playing in Stoke's defence yesterday they conceded more goals V Sunderland than Villa V Man City.

You haven't actually mentioned who is a better replacement.

Seems like you're willing him to play badly to prove a point, great support that!