Politics At Scotland Games - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Politics At Scotland Games

andyg83

haters are always gonna hate

Many people dont consider themselves a unionist or nationalist just Scottish !

At Scotland games we are all Scotland fans , that is the only collective that should matter

Judging by some of the posts on this board some want to ram their own agenda and prejudice down the throats of all fans

So there will most likely be an attempt to polarise the support by splitting the Yes No fans probably by signing , if/when this happens I for one will be sad at what we have become

On another point this board has become more political than football, perhaps the mods (who have be noticeable by their absence recently) should separate into two sections , most clubs forums have no patience for this sort of thing

It's already split

It will die down in the TA section after a couple of games.

The politics are easily ignored

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is absolutely impossible to separate "nationalism" and the national fitba team, they go hand in hand. I for one don't give a fk if "No voters" feel awkward, not interested in the slightest. Going to watch the national team is somewhere where we can openly and loudly express our pride in our nation, if you are a No voter and want to pretend that you are all of a sudden proud of your nation then fine, who's to stop you? just as anyone wishes to express their pride in the 45 or Yes or in support of independence then it's the same. Isn't that the whole point of apparently living in a democracy?

To compare this to the OF's bigotry is insulting, the independence movement is not about hatred and persecution... well, not from our side it isn't anyway.

I really am struggling to see how I could sing FoS - and not sure how you can get away from politics when we are speaking about international football and we have voted not to be a prper country.

FoS is political and it appears we can't rise now cos we are too feart.

Sorry still angry and can't understand why people could move on so quickly.

did you sing FOS prior to the referendum?nothings really changed

did you sing FOS prior to the referendum?nothings really changed

Eh? 2 million of my fellow citizens voted for Scotland not to be a country.

Maybe we could sing "for 1.6 million of us can still rise now...."

and?

scotland supporters or yes voters sung fos prior to the referendum when scotland as you put it wasnt a country,still isnt so why not sing it now?

are folk going to stop wearing kilts,glengarrys and the likes to games as well,stop waving the saltire etc

Each to their own. Some will sing it, some won't.

But things have changed

and?

scotland supporters or yes voters sung fos prior to the referendum when scotland as you put it wasnt a country,still isnt so why not sing it now?

Because we've had the chance to be be a nation again and shat it.

That changes everything.

I would quite like to see Yes flags at the games I have never seen any trouble between Yes and No at any Scotland game and don't expect to see it now.

As for singing FoS I voted Yes and will be singing, we lost a referendum and gained a massive engaged Yes movement I don't see this ending anytime soon.

But we can still rise now and be a nation again - seems just as appropriate now as it did before the vote.

Can you define politics please?

In the context of my post anything non- football related but im sure you have your own idea for me mainly the chats of referendum, 45 / 55 etc etc, and the complete prejudice shown by people on this board against others with differing opinions

and the complete prejudice shown by people on this board against others with differing opinions

Don't think that's fair.

As for the games, if yes voters want to fly yes flags and wear 45 material etc, no voters just have to accept it, which I'm sure they will and there won't be any bother

Edited by ParisInAKilt

I would quite like to see Yes flags at the games I have never seen any trouble between Yes and No at any Scotland game and don't expect to see it now.

As for singing FoS I voted Yes and will be singing, we lost a referendum and gained a massive engaged Yes movement I don't see this ending anytime soon.

But we can still rise now and be a nation again - seems just as appropriate now as it did before the vote.

Love this post ! nice positive approach – Parklife etc take note !

In the context of my post anything non- football related but im sure you have your own idea for me mainly the chats of referendum, 45 / 55 etc etc, and the complete prejudice shown by people on this board against others with differing opinions

We have just voted not to be a country and you think this isn't relevant to a decision about international football which is about countries playing counties Hmmm really?

We have just voted not to be a country and you think this isn't relevant to a decision about international football which is about countries playing counties Hmmm really?

:-)) They can't help themselves!

Who is 'they' as oppose to 'you'?

The tartan army I know better than you?

Anyway far too much rubbish about who will and won't be singing fos and who has what right.the trouble that will occur if we do whatever in whatever stadium.the whole thing is getting a little tiresome.whatever good the referendum has done to unite people and get them thinking about politics for the first time,is quickly becoming undone by some cavemen on here.patriotism being replaced by extreme nationalism...

Edited by allyc

I for one will not be singing fos.

I do hope scotland games of the future become like yes rallys.

I dont want to sit beside a unionist so they can keep away till they decide theyre Scottish.

To the guy that said whats changed,we are now the only constituent part of the uk that has ever voted to be a member.

I for one will not be singing fos.

I do hope scotland games of the future become like yes rallys.

I dont want to sit beside a unionist so they can keep away till they decide theyre Scottish.

To the guy that said whats changed,we are now the only constituent part of the uk that has ever voted to be a member.

Definition of a bigot

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different political views, ethnicity, race, class, religion, profession, sexuality or gender.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

were we a nation before ?

gstq then?

I couldn't answer this one any better than Lamia has below: