Team for forthcoming matches - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for forthcoming matches

Malcolm

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Fraser has got to start. Probably instead of Paterson, and then re-jig things a little.

Gordon

Tierney...Souttar...Mulgrew...Robertson

McGinn...Armstrong...McGregor

Forrest...Griffiths...Fraser 

I want Paterson for set pieces

If Fraser starts it's ahead of Forrest

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is it just me or do we seem to get more injuries/withdrawals than other teams? Look at England Wales and the 2 Irelands this break - we seem to have lost much more than them.

They seem to be treating these as both friendlies

The Albania game is massive

12 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

We need to take our best 11 and fit them into a formation. That would mean ditching Paterson. Is armstrong definitely fit?? 

Concerned about playing a team of midgets

Think Armstrong is fit, just not in squad yesterday

50 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I want Paterson for set pieces

If Fraser starts it's ahead of Forrest

Paterson has looked poor so far for Scotland and this season. He gives away far too many fouls. 

Forrest plays on the right. Fraser on the left. Room for the two of them. 

13 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Paterson has looked poor so far for Scotland and this season. He gives away far too many fouls. 

Forrest plays on the right. Fraser on the left. Room for the two of them. 

I'd rather have McGregor on the left over Fraser

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Paterson offers nothing at right wing back as he's crap going forward and crap defensively. Fraser has to start in an attacking position.

Tell it like it is why not about Paterson, pretty much what his team manager thinks, I for one agree,

Think Fraser could also play at left midfield in a flat back four formation rather than further forward in a three at the back one. One thing I do think is that he has to play on the left.

Wish Celtic with their defensive problems would move Tierney into the centre of defence  and sign a new left back. Half decent left backs are ten a penny these days any way.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Tell it like it is why not about Paterson, pretty much what his team manager thinks, I for one agree,

Think Fraser could also play at left midfield in a flat back four formation rather than further forward in a three at the back one. One thing I do think is that he has to play on the left.

Wish Celtic with their defensive problems would move Tierney into the centre of defence  and sign a new left back. Half decent left backs are ten a penny these days any way.

Truth hurts suppose eh lol but as you said even Warnock said it! We would have absolutely no attacking outlet on the right if he played wing back. Wing Backs in a 3-5-2 have to give you your width and we would have no threat with Paterson playing there. Unfortunately as much as I don't rate him for Scotland Forrest is our only option there

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

McGregor is a liability. Shouldn't be near the team. Bell end. 

I assume you’re talking about Allan and not Callum?

I wonder which club you support. 

Allan McGregor was excellent today. He shouldn’t have reacted to Ajer but I don’t see why that should rule him out of the Scotland team. 

I won’t have a problem if Gordon starts next week though. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I assume you’re talking about Allan and not Callum?

I wonder which club you support. 

Allan McGregor was excellent today. He shouldn’t have reacted to Ajer but I don’t see why that should rule him out of the Scotland team. 

I won’t have a problem if Gordon starts next week though. 

He should have been sent off in his last two matches :lol:

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He should have been sent off in his last two matches :lol:

When you say his last two matches are you referring to the Motherwell match where the SFA compliance officer decided there was no wrongdoing on McGregor’s part? 

Or are you refening to the game against Ufa? I can’t remember a potential red card incident in that game. 

In either case, the international break has arrived and it should be time to get behind the Scotland team, regardless of who plays or which club you support. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

When you say his last two matches are you referring to the Motherwell match where the SFA compliance officer decided there was no wrongdoing on McGregor’s part? 

Or are you refening to the game against Ufa? I can’t remember a potential red card incident in that game. 

In either case, the international break has arrived and it should be time to get behind the Scotland team, regardless of who plays or which club you support. 

The elbow drop at Motherwell and the kick out today. The man is unstable.

#CraigGordonTA 

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The elbow drop at Motherwell and the kick out today. The man is unstable.

#CraigGordonTA 

Well the referee and SFA compliance officer disagree with you so I’m happy to go with them.  

As for today, yes a red card should have been shown if the referee had seen it but he did appear to be retaliating to a foul by Ajer. That’s no excuse in fairness but to accuse him of being unstable reeks of bias from a Celtic fan. 

Even if McGregor is punished retrospectively, that should have little bearing on who starts against Belgium and Albania. I suppose McLeish may take it into account if he has no other way of seperating the two keepers but that will be up to him.