The Mighty Celtic... - Page 290 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

24 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Ok point taken 👍

I do get pissed off & angry about all the cases of abuse which has been ignored & worst of all covered up by people in power who could have stopped it but chose to protect the perpetrators for some reason. The list is long, Saville, Rolf Harris, Bradford grooming ring & now potentially the BBC again with Russel Brand. The ones who cover this shit up are as guilty if not more than the actual pervs they protect & should face the full might of the law.

Yip, I totally agree.

Ive said before on here that Celtic should fully compensate the victims and in the case of those who have passed away their families. They should issue an unreserved apology for how they’ve handled the whole thing and the person who signed off on the separate entity defence should pay with their job. Frankly I don’t know a Celtic fan or any decent person who would disagree. It’s time to bring this disgraceful episode to a close.

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip, I totally agree.

Ive said before on here that Celtic should fully compensate the victims and in the case of those who have passed away their families. They should issue an unreserved apology for how they’ve handled the whole thing and the person who signed off on the separate entity defence should pay with their job. Frankly I don’t know a Celtic fan or any decent person who would disagree. It’s time to bring this disgraceful episode to a close.

It’s time to protect the innocent nae the guilty 👍

As much as most people think Celtic should have just been doing the right thing and "owning up" / getting this sorted ages ago, there is a process that they have to go through. They will have been acting on the advice of their solicitors whose initial stance was never going to be, just accept all liability and pay out.

Legally there is a case to say that the boys club and Celtic werent the same entity. Even if that stance is taken just to limit liability then its a sensible approach to take. I suspect that the current course of action is now being taken as they have got a better understanding on the number of individuals and the total amount that they are likely to settle for.

People need to remember that like it or not, football clubs are businesses, more often than not with shareholders who boards are accountable to. Due process therefore needs to be followed.

8 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

I do get pissed off & angry about all the cases of abuse which has been ignored & worst of all covered up by people in power who could have stopped it but chose to protect the perpetrators for some reason. The list is long, Saville, Rolf Harris, Bradford grooming ring & now potentially the BBC again with Russel Brand. The ones who cover this shit up are as guilty if not more than the actual pervs they protect & should face the full might of the law.

Probably should be in another part of the board but how the fuck can people live with the guilt of turning a blind eye, if nothing else their kids could be next

12 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Ok point taken 👍

coincidentally i just started watching a documentary on Netflix on abuse within boy scouts of America ; seems to be on another level there ; a tough watch 

On 9/22/2023 at 10:28 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

coincidentally i just started watching a documentary on Netflix on abuse within boy scouts of America ; seems to be on another level there ; a tough watch 

From being in the scouts here since I was wee and through to being a leader and talking to older leaders there was definitely a lot of it going on here too. Know of a few guys who gave another leader a kicking back in the day for taking photos and stuff. Don't think it went any further but the guy was kicked out.

It's obviously been an issue in many if not all football clubs throughout the years, scouts, BB, churches etc etc the list goes on.

I'd like to think it's nowhere near as regular now but who knows really.

16 hours ago, Kirk said:

From being in the scouts here since I was wee and through to being a leader and talking to older leaders there was definitely a lot of it going on here too. Know of a few guys who gave another leader a kicking back in the day for taking photos and stuff. Don't think it went any further but the guy was kicked out.

It's obviously been an issue in many if not all football clubs throughout the years, scouts, BB, churches etc etc the list goes on.

I'd like to think it's nowhere near as regular now but who knows really.

i was in the BB / and the precursor to it "shipmates" (name sounds a bit dodgy now tbh) in the 70s , as were a lot of my mates - luckily i only ever encountered some very decent people ; who gave up a lot of their time for us -  in the days when you didn't have to shout "volunteer" or wear the t-shirt ; same for the football teams back then

even then though as primary school aged kids ; there was always chat/rumour of who the local nonces were ; proven or unproven , you knew to steer clear

am not sure how much there was in way of screening / security clearances back then ; if any

15 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

i was in the BB / and the precursor to it "shipmates" (name sounds a bit dodgy now tbh) in the 70s , as were a lot of my mates - luckily i only ever encountered some very decent people ; who gave up a lot of their time for us -  in the days when you didn't have to shout "volunteer" or wear the t-shirt ; same for the football teams back then

even then though as primary school aged kids ; there was always chat/rumour of who the local nonces were ; proven or unproven , you knew to steer clear

am not sure how much there was in way of screening / security clearances back then ; if any

But we did get to wear a beret  

On 9/21/2023 at 1:58 PM, Och Aye said:

😄

I'll be looking out for this guy at Fir Park.

Screenshot_20230921-135541.png

Can you imagine I’d been in the Motherwell end on Saturday?? 🙈

The old Saturday Service boys would have been lining up to take potshots at me @Och Aye 😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Green Brigade are getting the shaft here. Fuckin ridiculous from the board.. I may not agree with some of their stuff, but they do a fuck of alot for charity and give 100 percent to the atmosphere inside Celtic Park... I'll get the popcorn started....😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Green Brigade are getting the shaft here. Fuckin ridiculous from the board.. I may not agree with some of their stuff, but they do a fuck of alot for charity and give 100 percent to the atmosphere inside Celtic Park... I'll get the popcorn started....😂😂😂

I don’t agree with mass punishment, that is always wrong m8 👍