Can the TA board be saved? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can the TA board be saved?

9 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Don't you dare cheapen our plans with your 'hooker' talk, Bobster was just trying to cheer me and others up by suggesting going out with our dogs and from there I came up with the great idea of starting a dogging club. Anyway the jokes on you I'm inundated with emails from people wanting to join.:cheers3::cheers3:

I don't have a dogĀ :(

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Don't you dare cheapen our plans with your 'hooker' talk, Bobster was just trying to cheer me and others up by suggesting going out with our dogs and from there I came up with the great idea of starting a dogging club. Anyway the jokes on you I'm inundated with emails from people wanting to join.:cheers3::cheers3:

Exactly. Hookers indeed! Blind-side flankers perhaps?

Your idea is indeed a great one and I too have a full inbox of folk wanting to become members. Strangely though, they all wantĀ to remain totally anonymous. Something about the name.

Maybe Totally Anonymous Members Board would work? Just two sections - Doggers United and Technical Support. Second thoughts, forget the Technical SupportĀ :)

Right, I'm off to find a new avatar. Think I'll searchĀ for Dogger Silhouette image. This is going to be great!

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'd like to see the TAMB stay in it's current format if at all possible. Notwithstanding a couple of idiots (mostly found in Non-TA Football), this is a really good site. Ā It's generally a decent read, very informative, all sides of arguments are presentedĀ and above all, funny (save for Flure and Fringo'sĀ jokes obviously). Ā 

I can't offer too much by way of time orĀ technical capability but, like others, I'd be willing to contribute financially if that becomes an option.Ā 

In the meantime, thanks to all those folks who have used their own time, effort and (by the sounds of it)Ā finances to keep the TAMB going for as long as they have.

#savetheTAMB (please see "Wanky Phrases Alert")

:o

By far not the most qualified, but so far I have come up with hosting quote which is Ā£45 +vat pm for a server that can host up to 450 members online at one time (150gb storage), and price for IPS board of Ā£100 pm ($130) which can take up to 200 members online at once, with unlimited membership. Ā SSL included. Ā I am unsure about the storage required. Ā 

Edited by BlueGaz

10 hours ago, G-Man said:

Jings that was quick, Charlie Endell, Kev Kumnio, TDYER, Parkie, Toepoke and Ally Bongo, who oddly asked about male female ratio, Ā have applied already.Ā 

Oh Orraloon is asking if Mario Kempe has signed up, aw that's lovely I never knew they were pals.Ā 

We'll be top site it no time Bobster.Ā 

?, Ā you told me it would be anonymous !

AtĀ least no-one knows what I look like..

Agree about the fried egg. The crunchy bits round the edge are the tastiest .Ā YumĀ yum.Ā 

Ā 

14 hours ago, Lamia said:

As mentioned above, even of they did they would probably delete every critical post and revoke the poster's SSC membership.

I dont think for 1 minute the SSC would take this on , but surely to god they could help promote it a bit. FFS they send out ( or did send out) wee booklets for every away trip, recommending pubs etc to go to, surely to god they could help promote a website run by the team'sĀ own fans.Ā 

Why do they hate the website?Ā Is it basically just because they dont want to hear criticism ?Ā 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Why do they hate the website?Ā Is it basically just because they dont want to hear criticism ?Ā 

Correct and because most of the people who run the SSC aren't even Scotland fans.Ā 

43 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

By far not the most qualified, but so far I have come up with hosting quote which is Ā£45 +vat pm for a server that can host up to 450 members online at one time (150gb storage), and price for IPS board of Ā£100 pm ($130) which can take up to 200 members online at once, with unlimited membership. Ā SSL included. Ā I am unsure about the storage required. Ā 

Good work Gaz, this has potential. Ā A am nae expert either but surely we can sort something that keeps the TAMB going ???????

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The SFA run the SSC.Ā 

Apologies if this is just rehashing old conversations on other threads, and for derailing this threadĀ a bit , Ā but has there ever been any serious attempt to segregate the SSC from the SFA to make it a more neutral body ?Ā Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Apologies if this is just rehashing old conversations on other threads, and for derailing this threadĀ a bit , Ā but has there ever been any serious attempt to segregate the SSC from the SFA to make it a more neutral body ?Ā Ā 

Ā 

I honestly have no idea. Not sure when it changed from the "Travel Club" to the "Supporters Club" and if anything happened then. Maybe one of the older guys would know?Ā 

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

I was thinking of starting a fishing club called hookers, maybe we could combine the two and call it dogging with hookersĀ :ok:

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

must be straight forward to set up a subscription for it. I would happily subscribe on a monthly basis to keep it going. given the number of members that would surely raise enough?

Ā 

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

must be straight forward to set up a subscription for it. I would happily subscribe on a monthly basis to keep it going. given the number of members that would surely raise enough?

Ā 

But how can someone who steps completely out of line be banned if they have paid for a service?

Ā 

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

But how can someone who steps completely out of line be banned if they have paid for a service?

Ā 

Agree, not sure of the best way it could work financially, donations maybe. Ā I am hoping someone is chatting to the current team about it. Ā 

19 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Ā 

Valid point, but think you'd just have something written into the constitution. Ā Money won't buy the right to abuse or troll.....(shove a "hereto" and "interalia" Ā in there and it's legally watertightĀ :lol:)

46 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Ā 

If it's a monthly fee, could you not just refund that month's fee when you tell them they are not welcome any more?

Or as others have mentioned you could ask for donations every 3, 6 or 12 months or whatever is required. I think that if you did a fundraiser thingy right now you, you might get more than you might think.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Ā 

well get them to read and agree to some T's and C's. one of which is behaviour - or else a ban with no refund. tick a box.

Edit to say I think in all the time on here I have only had one warning. And I have been in plenty of heated debates - so wouldn't be an issue for me so why other people?

If I did abuse the rules then id have no qualms about a ban regardless of payment.

Edited by ShedTA