Lets Get A Grip - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lets Get A Grip

Doric

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said that mate, but a football match is not the place for politics. There are other meetings rallys, etc.. that will be organised to let people get over the disappointment and look for a better way forward. The players and wee Gordon deserve a full house and our backing

Best chance in years of qualifying and the fans are going on about boycotts , not singing Fos etc. Lets all get behind the team and leave politics at home.

Absolutely !

I am a very disappointed YES voter, and am so distrustful of the parties that ran the NO campaign, that I am seriously considering joining the SNP (even though I was not, until this time, an active political person), along with the many thousand that have done so, in the last week or so. I thought that the YES banners etc in Dortmund was okay and acceptable, as it was so close to the polling date to miss a good opportunity.

However, please don't let this roll on and on, and fragment the Scotland support any more. There may, or may not, be future referendums but, in the meantime, let's put the politics aside and everyone get 100% behind Scotland, and sing and shout loud and clear, and that includes the National Anthem, whatever it is. Against Georgia and In Warsaw, I will sing 'we can rise to be a nation again', whether or not that is likely to happen in my lifetime. It will sound pretty stupid if we have some not singing the Anthem, or lines of it. Lets not look stupid and petty, and please get 100% behind the team in every way we can, which might just help a proud nation qualify from this group. There are plenty of time for political opportunities, but please not at this time !

No one said that mate, but a football match is not the place for politics. There are other meetings rallys, etc.. that will be organised to let people get over the disappointment and look for a better way forward. The players and wee Gordon deserve a full house and our backing

Thats where you and i disagree, everywhere is the place for politics, restricting where politics is allowed has caused the poltical indifference in the past, having it part of everything has allowed more and more folk to get more engaged, football is just 22 guys running about a grass field, the importance that many give to it is over the top when compared with everyday life which is impacted so much by politics.

I'm with Rasputin on this. Sport, and particularly international sport, is very much a place for politics.

The No vote has certainly severely dampened my enthusiasm for supporting Scotland.

Agree actually.

Despite what I said on earlier posts (I was just gutted) it is important not to fragment the support.

My dad for example has been to almost every home game since 1957 (missed about 5 I think) and never supports England at anything however he genuinely (wrongly in my view) felt that it would be economically better for the Scottish people and Scotland in general to be part of the UK. I certainly can't accuse him of not being patriotic or supporting the team.

This is a great chance to qualify and fragmenting the support would be a big mistake.

Agree actually.

Despite what I said on earlier posts (I was just gutted) it is important not to fragment the support.

My dad for example has been to almost every home game since 1957 (missed about 5 I think) and never supports England at anything however he genuinely (wrongly in my view) felt that it would be economically better for the Scottish people and Scotland in general to be part of the UK. I certainly can't accuse him of not being patriotic or supporting the team.

This is a great chance to qualify and fragmenting the support would be a big mistake.

Unlike your father, I have supported England in numerous events.

I voted Yes.

Oh, I'm not a bigot

This is actually becoming comical.

Here's a situation for the non FOS singers.

We qualify for France and WGS asks us to all get behind the team and welly oot the anthem.

Still no gonna sing ? I'd be bitterly disappointed if I had any kind of voice at full time.