This board needs Goals - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This board needs Goals

4 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

The Valencia team around that era was magnificent. Ilie, Claudio Lopez, Angulo, Aimar, Angloma and possibly the most under rated centre half of all time, Roberto Ayala. That era produced a right good bunch of South American centre halfs who were down right b a stards. Ayala, Montero and Cordoba spring immediately to mind. 

• 8 months later...

Was talking to an Aberdeen fan in work the day, just chewing the fat about football and he was saying this was the first time he'd seen Jess live. Do not remember this at all, ( I'd have only been 9 or 10) some hat trick and an opportunity to bump up the most under appreciated post on the board.

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

this guy wasnt bad either

I distinctly remember in the 90's, Parma had a ridiculous bid accepted for Signori by Lazio. Fans went mental, organised demonstrations throughout the city and forced the Lazio board into a U-turn.

On 16/03/2018 at 9:36 PM, Mox said:

Was talking to an Aberdeen fan in work the day, just chewing the fat about football and he was saying this was the first time he'd seen Jess live. Do not remember this at all, ( I'd have only been 9 or 10) some hat trick and an opportunity to bump up the most under appreciated post on the board.

A deflected sclaff and an open goal tap-in?!? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Second was good right enough.

Great thread by the way! 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

Probably seen most of these numerous times over the years but not the Zlatan goal for Ajax - quite incredible dribbling.

Also check out the Messi goal v Getafe which is similar to the one posted above by PIAK. Even better goal IMO.

I'm guessing that whoever put together this video montage isn't an England fan :lol:

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Mox said:

did he not bag another against the poppy thieves at the pbs

On 3/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

mind watching this in the pub after going to the Scottish cup final, everyone just stood and clapped. 

Best I’ve ever seen 

They analysed that goal in a sports science context, he is accelerating with the ball as fast as a NFL player in the 40 yard sprint. His physical attributes like acceleration and stopping are out there even for elite athletes.