Ryan Jack to Rangers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack to Rangers

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Kenny Miller the last twice he's moved to us. First time didn't quite work out. 

Any more rules you'd like to change since the first set didn't quite work out? 

Didnt he join from Canada the last time? And Wolves the time before that. It was 2001 the first time he joined a team called rangers. 

Point is, some decent players have joined rangers recently and it has been a disaster for their career. 

Any more smart arse answers or do you want to concede that I have a good point. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

The sun is really going to town to get sympathy for poor Ryan Jack today. They missed out the vital part where he lied to his boss, how convenient. Traynor got to work early with or Ryan :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Didnt he join from Canada the last time? And Wolves the time before that. It was 2001 the first time he joined a team called rangers. 

Point is, some decent players have joined rangers recently and it has been a disaster for their career. 

I sort of agree with you except the word disaster.  Who do you think has joined recently, was decent, and it ended up a disaster?

Senderos - I don't think he is decent.
Krancjar - Ok, but not Rangers fault he got a bad injury - he is injury prone.
Tavernier - Is ok, but its not been a disaster.
Wilson - Same as above.
Halliday - I don't think he is that good.
Barton - No need to discuss.
Foderingham - Not been a disaster.
Crooks - Injured before he got here, should never have passed a test.
Rossiter - Same as above and prone apparently, should never have been signed.
MoH - He had many chances but just didn't perform.  He hasn't shown me he is decent, but I didn't know much of him before he came.
Waghorn - My biggest frustration this season, terrible player.
Hill - had an ok season considering his age.
McKay -  up and down but certainly not a disaster.

Garner - Would agree.  He just seems to want to fight all the time rather than play - I don't get it.

Could we not just wrap almost all, if not all of above under a banner of Warburton?

Edited by BlueGaz

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Kyle, Templeton, Bell, Law, Daly, Clark, Boyd, Holt, King, O'Halloran...not a success story between them.

Wilson is the only one that has done okay but that is being generous. 

I can't understand why Jack has made this move. I wonder what other options he actually had. 

If you're saying Wilson has done OK then I'd say you need to say the same for Holt.  Holt certainly had a better first season than Wilson.  Jon Daly did OK in his first season and I wouldn't say Nicky Clark was a disaster, he was just never good enough.

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Disaster for their careers? 

OK, name one. Go on. I'm all ears. 

Jack is a decent player.  Compact and tidy.  He was good in European games.  The problem is, he has no balls whatsoever - on or off the pitch.  Went missing in too many big games (or went down injured 'cos he didn't fancy it).  He was hugely destructive in the changing room.  He had brawls with Flood, Logan and fell out with McInnes and others.  He was kicked off the bus on the way to Ross Co last season (season before one just finished) - his dad had to pick him up in Elgin!  He then finished off at Aberdeen by telling bare faced lies to his manager. 

Dons already have a replacement in Tansey and Shinnie is now captain (and, unlike Jack, he really is a captain). We won't miss Jack at all.  Hayes on the other hand......if he were to go, that would be a monumental loss.  

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Jack is a decent player.  Compact and tidy.  He was good in European games.  The problem is, he has no balls whatsoever - on or off the pitch.  Went missing in too many big games (or went down injured 'cos he didn't fancy it).  He was hugely destructive in the changing room.  He had brawls with Flood, Logan and fell out with McInnes and others.  He was kicked off the bus on the way to Ross Co last season (season before one just finished) - his dad had to pick him up in Elgin!  He then finished off at Aberdeen by telling bare faced lies to his manager. 

Dons already have a replacement in Tansey and Shinnie is now captain (and, unlike Jack, he really is a captain). We won't miss Jack at all.  Hayes on the other hand......if he were to go, that would be a monumental loss.  

Maclean likely to get picked up?

24 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Templeton is probably the best example. 

That was all down to Templeton. I'd say Sandaza would be a better example, Rangers treated him horrendously. However, I'm sure we could all probably list players that have went to other clubs and their careers haven't exactly panned out. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Fairbairn said:

However, I'm sure we could all probably list players that have went to other clubs and their careers haven't exactly panned out. 

Not topical.

41 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

sounds like he will fit in well at Ibrox

3 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Don't remember countless greetin gers fans on the tamb when Jess moved in the other direction...... ?

did the TAMB even exist back then?

whos greetin?

Good luck to the lad. Now that he's at a big team he might finally get that cap that hes been touted for.

With all this talk of players failing at Rangers who would be the last player to go on to better things after playing for Rangers? Not including the "snakes" who didnt't tupe over? Boumsong? Hutton?

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No.  Think we were interested in him but nothing ever came of it.

couldnt remember, the seasons from the 3rd tier up are a bit of a blur now, was a lot of in and outs and speculation. Hes pish anyway

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Another one possibly?

DBQqY7eWAAAS1-M.jpg:large

Be a fee, so couldn't afford him, even if he was interested.

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Oh well, at least he'll enjoy the NARSA convention :ok:

Probably why he is going to Vegas :spin:  His mum brought him up a Ger.

Edited by BlueGaz